Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU

Opening statement: Looking forward to going to Tallahassee.

“On offense, if one person makes a mistake, that hurts everyone.” Babers says making mistakes has been hurting the offense more than anything else.

“Schools like us, we don’t have depth. It’s been bought away.” Babers says the transfer portal hurts depth just as much as injuries.

No MVP's named after a loss.

“He will be the best quarterback that we play, and that’s tough for me to say.” Babers ranks Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis as an even tougher opponent than UNC quarterback Drake Maye.

“Last year’s game showed me what Name, Image and Likeness can do.” Babers says Florida State has rebuilt its team in the past few seasons by using NIL well.

Pena still hurt.
More and Jones had limited practice time last week.

Babers said the controversial first down call on a blocked punt has already been submitted to the ACC. Hasn't heard back yet because they don't work weekends.

“North Carolina wasn’t that noisy.” Babers is preparing for a more hostile environment in Tallahassee this week.

Last edited:
fire his arse, not for the x's and o's, not for the in game decisions, not for the penalties, not for the bad clock management at times, but rather for not sticking up for his team and making a BIG deal of the unfair biased (conscious or unconscious who cares) cheating ACC officiating that further reduces his teams chance to win.

In game pull your team off the field or post game, Go ballistic, take the friggin fine, make a big stink and don't just sit there and take it with ("its been sent to the ACC" weak sauce crap). Friggin ridiculous/unacceptable to not be taking a stronger stand for your team and your program. Enough with this guy.

I was down in NC for the game sure but mostly to hang with cherished family. The night before talking with them about the upcoming game I told them of the ACC bias ref history toward us, gave examples and said to mark my words that it'll happen again tomorrow at some point and time. When it did the 15 of them all looked at me like w t frig, really?!, Like I was Nostradamus or something.

When a defensive pass interference on a UNC third down we stopped was called to sustain another first half drive (somewhat questionable and less certain on this one), that's when I walked out. They understood why.

I mean enough, do something different up there Dino or Wildhack don't just take it for Gods sake.

Last edited:
I want the guy back that did locker room scenes that went viral, he seems to lost that Dino enthusiasm we all loved. ( Not expecting after Saturday but when we were 3-0 , 4-0 ) He just doesn’t seem himself this year, If the job is burning him out then it is time to go. I wish we could pull one off , even if it’s a dramatic comeback against one of the last 5. His charisma was one of his selling points, I want to see that.

fire his arse, not for the x's and o's, not for the in game decisions, not for the penalties, not for the bad clock management at times, but rather for not sticking up for his team and making a BIG deal of the unfair biased (conscious or unconscious who cares) cheating ACC officiating that further reduces his teams chance to win.

In game pull your team off the field or post game, Go ballistic, take the friggin fine, make a big stink and don't just sit there and take it with ("its been sent to the ACC" weak sauce crap). Friggin ridiculous/unacceptable to not be taking a stronger stand for your team and your program. Enough with this guy.

I was down in NC for the game sure but mostly to hang with cherished family. The night before talking with them about the upcoming game I told them of the ACC bias ref history toward us, gave examples and said to mark my words that it'll happen again tomorrow at some point and time. When it did the 15 of them all looked at me like w t frig, really?!, Like I was Nostradamus or something.

When a defensive pass interference on a UNC third down we stopped was called to sustain another first half drive (somewhat questionable, though not certain on this one), that's when I walked out. They understood why.

I mean enough, do something different up there Dino or Wildhack don't just take it for Gods sake.
I said it in the game thread - go viral in the post game presser (something slightly less aggressive than the Don La Greca rant on Evan Neal of the NY Giants which is worth a listen if you haven’t heard it), and talk about how these blatant calls are unfair to his team, their goals and sacrifices, and all the hard work they have put in. Let everyone know that this is the only time you will comment on this matter, and walk out. Then pay the fine, and let the talking heads on ESPN and the ACC network have at it.

Here you have a call that is indisputable. Officials will be on notice that they are being watched and will act accordingly. Oh, and you may possibly in the future get that holding call that was not made against Florida State 2 years ago which may have determined the outcome of that game.

Btw, making this rant is not in any way blaming the officials for a loss - it is sticking up for your guys who literally sweat and bleed on the field and only ask to be treated fairly - no more, no less.

In summary, let me be clear - that call is not the reason they lost to North Carolina. That is a whole other conversation.

Opening statement: Looking forward to going to Tallahassee.

“On offense, if one person makes a mistake, that hurts everyone.” Babers says making mistakes has been hurting the offense more than anything else.

“Schools like us, we don’t have depth. It’s been bought away.” Babers says the transfer portal hurts depth just as much as injuries.

No MVP's named after a loss.

“He will be the best quarterback that we play, and that’s tough for me to say.” Babers ranks Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis as an even tougher opponent than UNC quarterback Drake Maye.

“Last year’s game showed me what Name, Image and Likeness can do.” Babers says Florida State has rebuilt its team in the past few seasons by using NIL well.

Pena still hurt.
More and Jones had limited practice time last week.

Babers said the controversial first down call on a blocked punt has already been submitted to the ACC. Hasn't heard back yet because they don't work weekends.

“North Carolina wasn’t that noisy.” Babers is preparing for a more hostile environment in Tallahassee this week.

They don't work weekends? Really?

I'm not gonna get all riled up about this one because I'm expecting a beatdown...it's what happens after the bye week that will have my attention. Still possible to run the table after FSU...

If we come out uninterested and sleep walking after a week off against VTech and get thumped then I'll throw in the towel...

Has Wildhack said anything about the call or is he leaving it to Dino alone?
nope its crickets as far as I'm aware of.

Another guy to afraid to rock the boat at this point in his career. He should fly down to the ACC offices, let the media he was apart of know, let the local media follow him down there filming the whole thing, have films in hand the whole lot of them with every single unmistakable example on the voluminous examples of this with the films it'd take, make a big entrance and throw them on the table somewhere down there. But no, can't rock the boat, gotta be a good boy, take it and basically say and do nothing. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Dino has been here the equivalent of a lifetime this day and age for mediocre football, we all know we are going to get destroyed by FSU or at least we should all know that. The real test is what comes after, every game on that schedule is winnable, and he better win most of them. We win 8+ games all will be forgiven IMO , 6 games with this schedule should get him fired, no bowl its a lock.

Hard to 'go viral' after a call in a 7-40 game.
no not really. He's not talking about a post game viral speech but something that brings attention to the situation (was going to say travesty but....), either in game or post in the presser or in the monday presser just finished.

When a defensive pass interference on a UNC third down we stopped was called to sustain another first half drive (somewhat questionable, though not certain on this one), that's when I walked out. They understood why.

Funny you say this. Go back and watch last weeks presser. About the targeting call he's says "I'm not allowed to say stuff like that"..... Babers. It's time you did. I WANT to see him say the calls are crap. The replay is clear as flippin day. Everyone in the stands knows it, the TV announcers know it, everyone. Get your hand slapped and take the dam fine. You don't have to be an unhinged lunatic but you NEED TO stand up for yourself and call it out.

If I have to hear one more time, "we sent the tape in" I may have to go buy a Rutgers hoodie.

Funny you say this. Go back and watch last weeks presser. About the targeting call he's says "I'm not allowed to say stuff like that"... Babers. It's time you did. I WANT to see him say the calls are crap. The replay is clear as flippin day. Everyone in the stands knows it, the TV announcers know it, everyone. Get your hand slapped and take the dam fine. You don't have to be an unhinged lunatic but you NEED TO stand up for yourself and call it out.

If I have to hear one more time, "we sent the tape in" I may have to go buy a Rutgers hoodie.
Yep Submitting Tape = Waste of Tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom