Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU

Another genius that thinks NIL comes from the school.

First: SU football players have thought SU hasn’t taken care of them while here for decades. Way before NIL.

Second: not sure assuming Mikel Jones is ignorant to how the NIL works is a good bet. Just a hunch.

Separate, Emily quote tweeted this tweet with speaking to Jones being one of the vocal players re the nutritionist last year.

It takes a lot to assume you know exactly 1) what he is speaking to and 2) you know better than he does.

It would appear from the outside looking in we have a terrible football culture and have had so for twenty or so years.

The belief we don't take care of the players is parroted by former players and has been like that since the end of PP era.

Add to that we have a terrible PR and marketing team within the school and AD that fails to control messaging and tada you have a sheeeetstorm of mediocrity and indifference amongst alum, fans, and former players.

That indifference leads to lost interest and lost earnings, as well as lost donations.

First: SU football players have thought SU hasn’t taken care of them while here for decades. Way before NIL.

Second: not sure assuming Mikel Jones is ignorant to how the NIL works is a good bet. Just a hunch.

Separate, Emily quote tweeted this tweet with speaking to Jones being one of the vocal players re the nutritionist last year.

It takes a lot to assume you know exactly 1) what he is speaking to and 2) you know better than he does.

Well then he shouldn’t have tweeted about Dino saying we don’t have depth because players get bought away. Which to me means Dino is talking about NIL.

I’m getting that sick 2019 feeling, it seems like Dino doesn’t like the hand he was dealt, on the field and maybe off of it for all we know, and him saying things like this will cause the players to toss in the towel. No matter where we end up this season, perhaps he needs to go

It would appear from the outside looking in we have a terrible football culture and have had so for twenty or so years.

The belief we don't take care of the players is parroted by former players and has been like that since the end of PP era.

Add to that we have a terrible PR and marketing team within the school and AD that fails to control messaging and tada you have a sheeeetstorm of mediocrity and indifference amongst alum, fans, and former players.

That indifference leads to lost interest and lost earnings, as well as lost donations.
Please post all the quotes from former players that said they weren't taken care of. Or maybe just a few. If you post this you must have seen a few.

Please post all the quotes from former players that said they weren't taken care of. Or maybe just a few. If you post this you must have seen a few.
Well, Mikel Jones and Josh Black made it clear that in their opinion the school has more than enough resources that they aren't using to support the players

So there's two right there

I’m getting that sick 2019 feeling, it seems like Dino doesn’t like the hand he was dealt, on the field and maybe off of it for all we know, and him saying things like this will cause the players to toss in the towel. No matter where we end up this season, perhaps he needs to go
If his rhetoric continues like this regardless of record I really see him potentially retiring.

Well, Mikel Jones and Josh Black made it clear that in their opinion the school has more than enough resources that they aren't using to support the players

Show those opinions.

My understanding it’s the last year of his contract and he’s probably really feeling the pressure. Or, he has a buy out and is strong arming the university to make the move. His comments make it seem like a forgone conclusion that he can’t win here.

Show those opinions.
I'm not saying they're not true, but if you're going to put this out there, produce the quotes. Especially since you said this has been going on since the Pasqulony (SP) years.

I'm not saying they're not true, but if you're going to put this out there, produce the quotes. Especially since you said this has been going on since the Pasqulony (SP) years.
It's on page two of this thread from those two.

As for this going back 20 years there are many on this board who would attest to issues between former players and the school - and many of those issues relate to how they were treated or supported.

If you want to look into other aspects, the Linton transfer specifically related to his camps frustration on the program not providing a proper D1 nutritional program (in their eyes).

There have been threads about this topic in the past.

During the Marrone years there were horror stories about how former players claimed to be treated.

Again. There have been threads on this discussed on this board going back years.

They said take care of the players in response to Dino talking about NIL.

He just seems to have lost his enthusiasm, at least publicly. It's not the hardest to negatively recruit against us anyway, without the coach giving press conference clips.

They said take care of the players in response to Dino talking about NIL.
Yes

And you have been one of the strongest proponents here with how the collectives have taken care of some players.

But in their eyes, the school has not done enough, regardless of it's the schools responsibility or legal ability to do so or not.

The perception is the schools are steering the collectives to take care of players.

If two former players don't think the school is using their resources to do so, I'd say that's an issue with either messaging or reality

Well then he shouldn’t have tweeted about Dino saying we don’t have depth because players get bought away. Which to me means Dino is talking about NIL.
The programs gotten competitive NIL support. We didn’t just happen into keeping Oronde, Wax and others. I know you’re not suggesting otherwise but I’m losing a little respect for Dino playing victim

people forget sometimes he has been here a lonnnnnng time. That can wear on you even with consistent and winning teams (which hasn’t existed during his tenure )

My understanding it’s the last year of his contract and he’s probably really feeling the pressure. Or, he has a buy out and is strong arming the university to make the move. His comments make it seem like a forgone conclusion that he can’t win here.
He hasn't

Yes

And you have been one of the strongest proponents here with how the collectives have taken care of some players.

But in their eyes, the school has not done enough, regardless of it's the schools responsibility or legal ability to do so or not.

The perception is the schools are steering the collectives to take care of players.

If two former players don't think the school is using their resources to do so, I'd say that's an issue with either messaging or reality

The collectives have. Not to the extent of some schools but certainly better than others. But again, the school doesn’t provide NIL to players. Too many people talk like SU does. And Jones should know that since he got some himself.

It's on page two of this thread from those two.

As for this going back 20 years there are many on this board who would attest to issues between former players and the school - and many of those issues relate to how they were treated or supported.

If you want to look into other aspects, the Linton transfer specifically related to his camps frustration on the program not providing a proper D1 nutritional program (in their eyes).

There have been threads about this topic in the past.

During the Marrone years there were horror stories about how former players claimed to be treated.

Again. There have been threads on this discussed on this board going back years.

I hope your shot is at Marrone. Those horror stories were about players that had no access to the program unless you played in Marrones era for Coach Mac.

The programs gotten competitive NIL support. We didn’t just happen into keeping Oronde, Wax and others. I know you’re not suggesting otherwise but I’m losing a little respect for Dino playing victim
What do you consider competitive? I ask because Babers didn't say that for no reason. Mark Stoops said the same thing as well about Georgia. I mentioned in another thread that I had a conversation with a very trusted source about the NIL situation at SU and the state of their finances to support this endeavor are ugly. You can't keep depending on the Lally and Kuhn families just to name a few of the public donors. The well will run dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom