Dino's Week 11 Wake Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart / Injury Report | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 11 Wake Press Conference Notes / Depth Chart / Injury Report

Yes but amazingly enough there are still people on here complaining that Erv and ISH are stop gap without the talent to take off the top of a D. Its actually comical. How many wrs do the Pats have on their roster that were speed whores in college? Mark it down fellas...Bellichick loves a guy like Ish and will scoop him up. Perfect fit with Brady.
Doesn't mean it should scare you. Ish is good at being physical and Erv is shifty. Next year we may have guys with more flat out speed that create more deep separation. Maybe we don't 2in as many jump balls but get more deep td catches. Regardless, just because we have good guys leaving, doesn't mean we have to be scared of who's waiting behind them. Dino seems to be a great recruiter. Next year we'll start to see more those guys contribute.

Doesn't mean it should scare you. Ish is good at being physical and Erv is shifty. Next year we may have guys with more flat out speed that create more deep separation. Maybe we don't 2in as many jump balls but get more deep td catches. Regardless, just because we have good guys leaving, doesn't mean we have to be scared of who's waiting behind them. Dino seems to be a great recruiter. Next year we'll start to see more those guys contribute.

Like, but we have too many speed whores on this board. There aren't many sub 4.4 guys out there. Playing wr is more of an art than a science. I played in college and ran a 4.6. Playing wr is more about understanding coverage, down and distance, and where the sticks are. When's the last time the Pats had a speed wr? Moss, about 10 years ago. Since? Its about intelligent route running. Give me a break. Where would Hogan be if was on the browns, titans, or even the giants?

Love our recruiting but to ask guys to be ready to catch 80-90 balls, effective balls, in big games is asking for alot. Hope i am wrong. This board has hated on the 2 for a few years now. So , now we see if Dino's recruits get behind dbs, which not many do these days. Thats the world and the game we live in. Look at all the top schools, where are the burners? Yup, its a different game. Good luck to us with the young talent and a stud senior qb.

It happens. DB did the same with Pierre this year.
This is going to sound cold, but I'm not sure it will matter. I think Jordan and Dixon are going to take that position to a level we haven't seen in a while.

This is going to sound cold, but I'm not sure it will matter. I think Jordan and Dixon are going to take that position to a level we haven't seen in a while.
Maybe. We'll certainly find out. But Bennett was (and still is) an undersized LB that doesn't fit the tampa two. We never know for sure who will rise to the top. Competition is good.

Love our recruiting but to ask guys to be ready to catch 80-90 balls, effective balls, in big games is asking for alot. Hope i am wrong. This board has hated on the 2 for a few years now. So , now we see if Dino's recruits get behind dbs, which not many do these days. Thats the world and the game we live in. Look at all the top schools, where are the burners? Yup, its a different game. Good luck to us with the young talent and a stud senior qb.
Sure it's asking a lot. But Ish never came close to that before this year, AET never came close to that before he got here and he only had one preseason to learn our system, Philips wasn't a WR before DB got here. There's no reason we shouldn't have expectations that guys that have been practicing and getting their feet wet in backup roles all this year can't step into bigger roles next year.

Like, but we have too many speed whores on this board. There aren't many sub 4.4 guys out there. Playing wr is more of an art than a science. I played in college and ran a 4.6. Playing wr is more about understanding coverage, down and distance, and where the sticks are. When's the last time the Pats had a speed wr? Moss, about 10 years ago. Since? Its about intelligent route running. Give me a break. Where would Hogan be if was on the browns, titans, or even the giants?
I'm not a Pats fan and I couldn't care less about their roster, but you do realize the Pats traded for Brandin Cooks this season... who is literally a deep threat speed guy, right?

Wait...you played college FB and ran a 4.6? I thought you posted that you were a D-2 (or 3) baseball player? And I distinctly remember when you posted that you're rehab doctor.

Maybe you spend at a lot of nights at the Holiday Inn Express ;-)

Are you saying the board has hated on ish and erv in the past? I think that is inaccurate

Are you saying the board has hated on ish and erv in the past? I think that is inaccurate
I can't remember reading a single post questioning (hating on) Irv, EVER.

Some, including myself, questioned Steve's ability to get behind DB's because of his lack of straight line speed. But, I can't remember anyone "hating" on Steve. He's one of the easiest players to root for on the entire team.

Last edited:
Erv and Ish got to where they are based on talent, coaching, and experience multiplied by massive amount of reps in a very WR friendly system.

They are two of the best in the ACC. But the position can be better. Just watch some old Baylor clips on YouTube. You can teach a lot - but speed and making guys miss is more innate.

You don’t need to think we’re disparaging Ish and Erv when we say we can be better. This staff maximizes receiving talent, when the talent improves the ceiling does too.

Dino's system will make receivers look really good, it just will. We replaced AET and Estime and we will replace Ish and Erv. More worried about linebacker and finding a run game
My first born for a RB that can take it to house from 50/plus! When was the last time we had a RB with home run ability?

My first born for a RB that can take it to house from 50/plus! When was the last time we had a RB with home run ability?

Agree 100% and cant remember... One speed guy one bigger back with good vision. Give me Jerome Smith and Prince at this point

Agree 100% and cant remember... One speed guy one bigger back with good vision. Give me Jerome Smith and Prince at this point
Based on tape only i think that three true frosh are going to make significant contributions. Both frosh RBs and Hendrix at Wr.

I come on here all the time just to hate on Ish...

I can't remember reading a single post questioning (hating on) Irv, EVER.

Some, including myself, questioned Steve's ability to get behind DB's because of his lack of straight line speed. But, I can't remember anyone "hating" on Steve. He's one of the easiest players to root for on the entire team.

that's fair criticism and agree, not hating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom