Direct TV Question | Syracusefan.com

Direct TV Question

Nick44

All Conference
Does Direct TV regularly carry Syracuse football/basketball games? Thinking about finally making the jump from awful Time Warner to something different. I reside in Albany if that matters. Any input would be great! Thanks.

I live in NJ and I get most of the SU games. I've had DirecTV for the 14 years that I've lived here. Granted I don't get many of the December cupcakes, but any game of relative importance is covered. Besides ESPN, I've seen SU games on SNY, YES, MSG, and whatever the Hell channel 55 is.

I live in NJ and I get most of the SU games. I've had DirecTV for the 14 years that I've lived here. Granted I don't get many of the December cupcakes, but any game of relative importance is covered. Besides ESPN, I've seen SU games on SNY, YES, MSG, and whatever the Hell channel 55 is.
To the best of my knowledge ,you will not be able to get ESPN3 unless you find a different carrier for your computer.Otherwise you will be fine.You will find most of the cupcakes will be on ESPN 3 which you can pick up on your laptop and than transfer to your big screen with a HDMI cable.

Go Orange!

Does Direct TV regularly carry Syracuse football/basketball games? Thinking about finally making the jump from awful Time Warner to something different. I reside in Albany if that matters. Any input would be great! Thanks.

I have Direct TV in Syracuse and get almost every Syracuse game. You should be fine.

Make sure you get the genie :D . I just upgraded a few weeks ago. It's heaven.

Word of warning... i have directv and my dish got hit by lightning last weekend. Lost 2 flat screens. Totally fried. Canceling after football season. Not happy.

Word of warning... i have directv and my dish got hit by lightning last weekend. Lost 2 flat screens. Totally fried. Canceling after football season. Not happy.

I'm worried because we are supposed to have some huge solar flare this weekend that can tweak with satellites. It's definitely frustrating when a storm rolls through and the satellite goes out late in the 2nd half. Also sucks having to take the broom to knock off the snow so the dish isn't covered.

I'm worried because we are supposed to have some huge solar flare this weekend that can tweak with satellites. It's definitely frustrating when a storm rolls through and the satellite goes out late in the 2nd half. Also sucks having to take the broom to knock off the snow so the dish isn't covered.
I knew they were dead but couldn't bring myself to just toss them in the garbage. Called out the geek squad from best buy. They say that their insurance covers lighting strikes so if you are worried you might try and buy some sort of short term insurance on the TVs.

You are on your own for snow though. I've only had issues with rain.

Who installed the dish? Was it a certified Directv tech? If so then he up the grounding. I upgraded to a genie last year, and when the tech came out to install, he said my grounding was inadequate and went ahead and fixed it for me (no charge of course). I'd raise hell if i were you.

Who installed the dish? Was it a certified Directv tech? If so then he up the grounding. I upgraded to a genie last year, and when the tech came out to install, he said my grounding was inadequate and went ahead and fixed it for me (no charge of course). I'd raise hell if i were you.
It was a directv tech(2 of them). From what i've read the grounding isn't always enough.

I have direct TV in Fla. and get 95% of games. Next week's (Maryland) game is on our local CW station.
I did sign up for the sports package to make sure. Stations are in the 600-700 channels.
This cost an extra $13.00 per month that I cancel after B-ball season and restart again in the fall.
You may be able to negotiate it for free for your first year since you will be new.

Ray

Isn't there a heated enclosure or cover you can buy for the dish?

Also sucks having to take the broom to knock off the snow so the dish isn't covered.

I have maybe, two days a year , in the winter where sticky snow sticks to the dish and I have to broom it off. I made sure they installed it only high enough where I could reach it. No big deal

It won't make a difference if you have a dish or cable if there is a huge solar flare today... both will suffer as all feeds come from satellites. know what you mean about knocking the snow off the dish. I have two on a third story wall, walk out basement on that side of house, that I have to lean out the window to thump the snow off. And no they couldn't be lower due to the required line of sight. But trust me it is much worse down here where we have ice storm only thing you can do is wait until it melts off.

Sorry to hear that. I have had Directv for 20 years and never had that type of problem... but because we live in an area with bad lightning strikes we had our house wired for whole house surge protection.

I've never had to knock snow off my dish here in Jersey. Granted we don't get nearly the same amount of snow as CNY. I can't speak for Albany. I'd never go back to cable. Kind of like when I got Sirius radio. Night and day compared to regular (terrestrial) radio.

The only thing I really miss with DirecTV are the Mets games not on SNY.

For what its worth I have DTV on my motor home and have seen SU basketball in Florida for seven years. I was watching the CM game in my motor last weekend.

Yes. They have a deal with SNY so most of the non-national TV games are on SNY for both sports

I have had directv for 6 years now. I love it. If you had lighting hit your dish and it took out your TVs you need to call directv. They will take care of it. You may also want to look into their insurance program. I have it. Had a 10 year old plasma die and they replaced it with a newer comparable model and I'm not talking about a 1k tv. It was the top of the line and they replaced it with them same series. Directv is great. I honestly can't say anything bad. If you switch the greatest day will be the first time you go over a friends house with tw and you make fun of how slow the box is and how bad the picture is. As for espn3, can't get it with directv. you'll need a friends account to use it.

Not since Syracuse joined the ACC.
Uh yeah they still do.

ACC football games of the week might end up on YES or something (also on DIRECTV) but if its an SU-LeMoyne basketball game that is only aired locally in Syracuse or something it goes to SNY

Uh yeah they still do.

ACC football games of the week might end up on YES or something (also on DIRECTV) but if its an SU-LeMoyne basketball game that is only aired locally in Syracuse or something it goes to SNY

Well I haven't seen FB or BB on SNY since joining the ACC... only on YES, MSG or NYa.

Well I haven't seen FB or BB on SNY since joining the ACC... only on YES, MSG or NYa.
Cause most if not all the games are picked up by a National Network these days. But those early season basketball games vs the low level teams like LeMoyne or Colgate or an exhibition game that isn't picked up will air on SNY still.

Cause most if not all the games are picked up by a National Network these days. But those early season basketball games vs the low level teams like LeMoyne or Colgate or an exhibition game that isn't picked up will air on SNY still.

No games were on SNY last year.