Disappointing ending but a wonderful ride... | Syracusefan.com

Disappointing ending but a wonderful ride...

Forza Azzurri

All American
Wife's sister got married on Long Island Friday night. Got home after midnight.

Got up 3:30 AM Saturday for ride to JFK to catch flight to Charlotte.

Arrived in Atlanta and checked into hotel at around 3.

Napped for 30 minutes and then my son and I caught MARTA into town. The ride in was awesome. 20 minutes.

Wandered around downtown Atlanta until about 6.

Ate downstairs at the Ritz and watched the first half of the Louisville game. Had grits and shrimp. Tasty, as Tomcat would say.

Got to dome with about 12 minutes left in first semifinal.

Some SU fans in section but we were surrounded by Michigan fans as our seats were in their sections of the dome.

Wish Southerland had made some shots. Played well enough to win but too many empty possessions.

As soon as game was over, left dome, sold tix and got on MARTA for the ride from he!! Back to the airport. All I will say is that MARTA is awful. The train would stop at a station and remain there for 15 minutes. No announcement, nothing. There was a fight between two fans in the next car and police were summoned. Fun time, especially with an exhausted nine year old.

Finally got back to hotel, booked flight to Fort Meyers for Sunday AM to join my wife and daughter on Spring Break.

Got to bed at about 2:30 and slept until 4:15. Checked out of hotel, returned rental car and made way to terminal.

Awesome small world story time. Who was on the train taking us to the terminal?

Why none other than Roosevelt Bouie.

Bouie is far and way my favorite SU player. I had never met him, until Sunday AM.

I am also fluent in Italian, as is Bouie from his time in Italy.

So I start the conversation by offering my hand and saying, Ciao, Roosevelt. Come va? Sono un enorme tifoso tuo da quando ero bambino.

Keep in mind that this is taking place at 6:00 AM.

He looked at me like I had three heads but was very gracious. Definitely the highlight of the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom