Class of 2021 - DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning is the elixir that will allow us to recruit the type of talent we need to be a top level team. I am still hopeful that we land Jared and if we do so that enhances our ability to win!
Go Orange
winning consistently (even if that means 6-6, 7-5) AND sending kids to the NFL. We have been bringing in some pretty talented DBs for a while and even though we are still losing, we are still doing well with DB recruits, because 3 of them in one year(right after a 1-10 year) ended up in the NFL

Ok, well since we need to keep the talk about Verse...and not about the places he may go because of NIL...how would Verse fit in on a Syracuse DL in 2022?

He starts on Day one obviously. I know he can rush the passer, but how are his run stopping skills?
I haven't seen him crash into any walls, benches or goalposts.
I would say his run stopping skills are without equal.
Man it is AMAZING the football analysis you can get in here. :rolleyes: :confused:

IMO, our infusion of quality Offense Coaches from UVA and the new ST’s guy will certainly help our w/l %!

Former University at Albany defensive end Jared Verse and his family have set up a war room of sorts in his Peoria, Ariz. home to deal with the major Division I offers that have poured in since Verse entered the NCAA transfer portal on Nov. 30.

Started by his mother, Jannienne, it began in the dining room and has overflowed into other areas of the house.
“I showed a couple of my friends and they can’t believe it,” Verse said Thursday. “It’s like a bunch of posters up against the wall, every team I’ve talked to, had contact with. Most of our conversations, how they went, what their record was last year, every bowl game they’ve been to since 2000. It’s very detailed and everything like that. Players that are transferring in (to each school), where they’re coming from, players that are transferring out, where they’re going.”

The decision-making process for Verse and his family is coming to an end. He said he plans to decide in the next day or two and announce it soon after that. He wants to enroll at his new school this month, in time for the start of spring football.

“I wanted to make a decision maybe a week ago, but schools kept coming into it,” Verse said. “So it’s either going to be a leap of faith to go to a new school or I’ll just make a decision based on the information I do have.”

Verse declined to reveal a list of his finalists out of respect to the coaches who are recruiting him.

“I’m still deciding,” he said. “I feel like I have a good internal list of like two or three I feel like will be my final choices and everything like that, but I want to get to a point the next day or so where I’ll be confident in my decision.

”Verse gave a clear vision of what he’s looking for in a new school. “The coaches are definitely a huge factor in it,” he said. “You can’t play good ball if you’re not comfortable where you’re at. The facilities are definitely important, but most of the schools that have interest in me have major facilities. They’re all D1 schools, they all have high-end facilities, not too much of an issue. My teammates, making sure I have a good connection with them before I go somewhere. I think the most important factor is what I can do to help the program and what can they do for me. Can they make me a better player and can I help this program to get to the next level, to get to the national championship. Not just a bowl game, but a step further than that.”

That last paragraph, IMO, knocks SU out of the running getting Verse. I believe we all knew it was a longshot as we don't win these type of battles. I think he is a very well rounded individual and wish him all the success he deserves.
Considering your conclusion, it didn't seem appropriate to "Like" your post, but I totally agree with your assessment.

That last paragraph, IMO, knocks SU out of the running getting Verse. I believe we all knew it was a longshot as we don't win these type of battles. I think he is a very well rounded individual and wish him all the success he deserves.

Then he would have to pick a school that he didn’t visit.

I think a lot of kids say they want to win a national championship or think they can at schools at don't have a chance(let's face it, so few have a chance), but your overall conclusion is dead on, he isn't coming here, guessing it will be FSU.

So, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, with maybe Clemson or another SEC team. Nobody else can claim they're likely to make the field of four.

So, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, with maybe Clemson or another SEC team. Nobody else can claim they're likely to make the field of four.
Basically if you want to go to the playoffs there are only 5 or 6 schools you can attend.
Bama
Georgia
Clemson
Ohio St
Oklahoma

Basically if you want to go to the playoffs there are only 5 or 6 schools you can attend.
Bama
Georgia
Clemson
Ohio St
Oklahoma
And the path to playing time at those schools is bound to be much tougher than at SU.

Scratch Oklahoma off the list
Yup. Scratch OU and add USC. Basically where Lincoln Riley is. Such a huge divide between the haves and have nots. Not even fair really.

3B1E801E-EA69-4E8B-9762-70CECF2E2641.png

Status
Not open for further replies.