DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina

We just lack the stud that makes things out of no where to save games on occasion.

When was the last time we threw a pass to a WR who made 2-3 guys miss and took it to the house. or a RB who had no hole at all and found a way to make something out of nothing.. Tucker was nice but other than a few plays he out ran the corner we didnt really see game changing plays.

Those guys can steal a game or 2. and turn 8 wins into 10..

You're kidding, right?
Agreed. Tucker's first season was beastly with runs between the tackles. I can't remember which game but ran up the middle, made one guy miss, another hit and knocked him off balance and he went almost down but kept his balance and took it all the way in for the score. Tucker had some pretty dynamic runs.

We just lack the stud that makes things out of no where to save games on occasion.

When was the last time we threw a pass to a WR who made 2-3 guys miss and took it to the house. or a RB who had no hole at all and found a way to make something out of nothing.. Tucker was nice but other than a few plays he out ran the corner we didnt really see game changing plays.

2021 Tucker was next level

2022 Tucker he was a shell of himself

2021 Tucker was next level

2022 Tucker he was a shell of himself
Kinda the most “Syracuse” thing of all time. We actually have a mega stud literally heisman potential hyped RB pre season, and unfortunately he has some medical issues or injuries that causes him to not build on the previous year… sigh

But even if he was a shell of himself he was pretty damn good lol

If we could have a 2018 year with injuries, we’ll have a 2018 type year IMO
Yup, we could have easily had a year as good or better than 2018 last year if we had the same health.

And the schedule was light years harder last year.

The staff works hard in the portal. They struggle getting proven transfers just like they do with HS recruits. Its been a struggling program for 20 years now. Collectives limits who they can get. They just have to be creative as possible, hope they hit on some hidden gems and figure out ways to keep them.
Unfortunately, this is not a long-term winning solution. It is what it is and I think that we can be a 6-to-8-win team with it. Once in a blue moon catch lighting and do something special. I guess it beats the grob days.

I think most unionized jobs are a bad choice for comparison because the pay tends to be pretty hierarchal. That being said, in the private sector you have much more variation based on company prestige, ancillary group work, demonstrated competency, etc. Someone (for an extreme example) going to Harvard vs. SUNY Potsdam will command different starting salaries, the Harvard grad will command a much higher salary due to the perceived prestige and selectivity of the school. That difference may be based on the place you start (google versus the local accounting firm) but the school choice undoubtedly has a major impact on earning potential. Once you get outside of the top 25-50 schools the gap closes quickly, but going to a low tier SUNY school does not command the salary (nor the attention) that going to a top tier SUNY or Private school offers.
False .. I recruited for Lockheed ... this is a false take. There were guys making the same money from SUNY Utica, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Geneseo and even folks like myself from SU. If you think someone got paid less because they have a degree from a lower end institution, then you would be making a bad assumption.

Most professional orgs have bands and professionals are placed within that band based on interview performance. Some schools (i.e. elite schools like MIT) are given preference but after that you are splitting hairs. Hell they had a manager with a degree from Devry who made more than some of his counterparts. People using this education below the Mason Dixon line sucks across the board narrative don't get out much or trash schools in general. Eventually what you will realize it is about the student and what they made of the opportunity, no more no less.

Need I mention some of the brightest folks in history never went to college ... but you would color Einstein an idiot if he went to SC or WVU or Tennessee. This makes my head hurt.

Agreed. Tucker's first season was beastly with runs between the tackles. I can't remember which game but ran up the middle, made one guy miss, another hit and knocked him off balance and he went almost down but kept his balance and took it all the way in for the score. Tucker had some pretty dynamic runs.

Pretty sure that was Ga Tech.

I think Tucker got injured by dirty Louisville in the beginning of last season. Once healthy, and if he’s healthy now, watch him take off. I still anticipate big things for him.

That's for everyone to decide. (and when I said 6-7, I meant regular season wins. Bowls are even more of a wild card now).

We can still have the spike year like 2018 when the right experience and health lines up.

We've had more than 7 regular season wins twice this century, so I'd think people are adjusted.

Bowl games suck now. I’ve always been excited for bowl games. This year it became slotted in between a Babers run spring game and a game against Wagner. Can’t even look to bowl games anymore for exciting.

Last edited:
Our quarterback transferred here.

We are about to put four guys in the league who all started here and stayed here.
injured all year, leaving him in vs. Wagner to break the record and then he got hurt again was pure negligence on Babers
The problem was not getting our Back up QB up to speed before Shrader got hurt.

Kinda the most “Syracuse” thing of all time. We actually have a mega stud literally heisman potential hyped RB pre season, and unfortunately he has some medical issues or injuries that causes him to not build on the previous year… sigh

But even if he was a shell of himself he was pretty damn good lol
Seemed to happen a lot recently. Just bad luck:
Tucker
Cisco - Makes it worse he tore his acl warming up
G Williams - Just got drafted in early 3rd, otherwise probably would have gone in the 2nd if not hurt

Frustration

Seemed to happen a lot recently. Just bad luck:
Tucker
Cisco - Makes it worse he tore his acl warming up
G Williams - Just got drafted in early 3rd, otherwise probably would have gone in the 2nd if not hurt

Frustration
So frustrating. Like we aren’t bama, so we literally NEED our few NFL guys to stay healthy for success

The best part about Jobity is that Simmons and Jaquez are ahead of him on the depth chart
He’s going to be a Verse like stud imo. Excited abour jaquez and simmons but jobity’s got some born traits you cant teach

Generally I agree on this, but 2018 shows we don’t need a superstar if the QB is a very good dual threat leader. Of course a superstar skill player in 2018 could’ve turned 10-3 into 12-1.

If Geer is the only two deep player that leaves thats a win for the program.

Did you forget that we already lost 2 DBs who were expected to start?

And this marks our third DL to leave, although one has injury problems (Hough) and the other hasn't been able to add weight (Linton). Still, we're losing depth.

And this marks our third DL to leave, although one has injury problems (Hough) and the other hasn't been able to add weight (Linton). Still, we're losing depth.
Yep how can anyone get excited about anyone anymore, a kid will get good here , really good and there’s more than a passing chance it’ll be bye bye for a big bag soon thereafter. Yuck

Uh, the post spring window.

try to keep up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom