DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina

Not only irrelevant but it’s always weird to me, people living in America and only accepting of certain types of people making excessive amounts of $
THEY’RE KIDS! They will make their money in time just like I assume you did. You’re probably in favor of handing a 6th grader a million if he can dunk the ball. Let them just go through the process like most of us did. In the end, this is a product that we all like or don’t. I’m going to assume most fan bases are feeling the same as this one. Let’s just see how it plays out.

We all hyped Stephon Thompson last year (deservedly so). He went down with an injury the first game and we never saw him again. Everything turned out fine.

As it will if we lose more than Geer.

If your expectations are that we win the ACC, you probably want to temper them. We're at the 6-7 wins is gravy stage in the evolution of Syracuse football.
If 6 or 7 wins is the best we can hope for now I sincerely ask what’s the point?

If 6 or 7 wins is the best we can hope for now I sincerely ask what’s the point?
you get to watch 6-7 wins every year? Do you stop watching after the second loss every year because a national championship hasn't been a realistic possibility outside of 1 year in the last 50? The point is that magical out of no where seasons happen, hoping for them and expecting them are two very different things.

That's for everyone to decide. (and when I said 6-7, I meant regular season wins. Bowls are even more of a wild card now).

We can still have the spike year like 2018 when the right experience and health lines up.

We've had more than 7 regular season wins twice this century, so I'd think people are adjusted.

That's for everyone to decide. (and when I said 6-7, I meant regular season wins. Bowls are even more of a wild card now).

We can still have the spike year like 2018 when the right experience and health lines up.

We've had more than 7 regular season wins twice this century, so I'd think people are adjusted.
3 times, but point taken. And it's depressing.

3 times, but point taken. And it's depressing.

2001 and 2018. Which one am I missing? 2010 and 2012 were both 7-5 seasons with a bowl win.

We all hyped Stephon Thompson last year (deservedly so). He went down with an injury the first game and we never saw him again. Everything turned out fine.

As it will if we lose more than Geer.

If your expectations are that we win the ACC, you probably want to temper them. We're at the 6-7 wins is gravy stage in the evolution of Syracuse football.
Agree. In terms of known production, Stef was a much bigger loss last year. Even losing Lockett last year was a bigger loss because of the depth issues on the interior.

we'll get through this, though the trend is troubling/frustrating

I heard that a lot , through the post P era then we had 2018 ,and with a little help could have easily had 8 or 9 last year. At this juncture the 6 or 7 wins is the ceiling statement is false. Just your typical chicken little board rubbish. Nat. Champ, No…….. 9 or 10 wins …absolutely.

Think Shredder is like Clearasil, he hides a lot of warts. If/when he goes down, and runs out of eligibility; we might be in for some heavy weather. He's basically QB1, and RB2 for us. Offensive side of the ball, I think we are last in the ACC, in terms of sheer overall talent.

THEY’RE KIDS! They will make their money in time just like I assume you did. You’re probably in favor of handing a 6th grader a million if he can dunk the ball. Let them just go through the process like most of us did. In the end, this is a product that we all like or don’t. I’m going to assume most fan bases are feeling the same as this one. Let’s just see how it plays out.
Easy to say when you aren’t the one being offered the money. And there are no guarantees in a violent sport such as football as far as future earnings

Think Shredder is like Clearasil, he hides a lot of warts. If/when he goes down, and runs out of eligibility; we might be in for some heavy weather. He's basically QB1, and RB2 for us. Offensive side of the ball, I think we are last in the ACC, in terms of sheer overall talent.
Everyone's dual threat QB's carry the load and their back up aren't as good. GS wasn't hiding Tucker and Gadsden. The staff is really excited about Allen.

Everyone's dual threat QB's carry the load and their back up aren't as good. GS wasn't hiding Tucker and Gadsden. The staff is really excited about Allen.
I'm hopeful about Q too. But, he's no where close physically to Sean, yet. And, after Allen, our rb room is just a huge question mark. Wr room, for a P5 program, is pretty meh, as well.

This one is such BS. Lets say S Carolina is the team. Who at this or any other school knows who the h*ll Jatius Geer is and wants a Geer jersey? This is pro football lite, without a salary cap. Or more like Brad Pitt describing Oakland in moneyball.

I think Allen is a potential pro. I know we haven't seen much, but he is extremely well rounded and was the NJ Gatorade player of the year, and NJ is obviously one of the better HS football states in the country. Kid could be something special.

This one is such BS. Lets say S Carolina is the team. Who at this or any other school knows who the h*ll Jatius Geer is and wants a Geer jersey? This is pro football lite, without a salary cap. Or more like Brad Pitt describing Oakland in moneyball.
I live in SC as of recently and my buddy owns a restaurant chain, including a location in Anderson where Jatius is from, and he had no idea who he was. This guy is a big SC "fan" and told me Lanorris was flipping well before anyone on here cared to believe. So if Jatius is supposedly getting NIL from SC he had no idea about it.

I'm hopeful about Q too. But, he's no where close physically to Sean, yet. And, after Allen, our rb room is just a huge question mark. Wr room, for a P5 program, is pretty meh, as well.
I'm not comparing him to Tucker. He's different. From what I am told Allen does some things better. He plays hard so I'm worried about his durability as well. I'm not guaranteeing anything when I mention the potential of players . I'm just saying they like him a lot.

I'm not comparing him to Tucker. He's different. From what I am told Allen does some things better. He plays hard so I'm worried about his durability as well. I'm not guaranteeing anything when I mention the potential of players . I'm just saying they like him a lot.
Looks like a natural pass catcher; which will be huge in this offense, imo. Yes, my concern is his durability too. Just doesn't look like his body will hold up to all the punishment he's going to get. Still don't think this staff has the urgency in using the Portal, until it's too late. We need a proven wr and rb; and not just like a CJ Hayes type from last year, instant 2-Deep quality. But, maybe that's just not possible. It's frustrating that we can hit such a homerun like Amba Etta Tawo before the Portal even existed, but now can't get a whiff with so much more inventory available.

Last edited:
Looks like a natural pass catcher; which will be huge in this offense, imo. Yes, my concern is his durability too. Just doesn't look like his body will hold up to all the punishment he's going to get. Still don't think this staff has the urgency in using the Portal, until it's too late. We need a proven wr and rb; and not just like a CJ Hayes type from last year, instant 2-Deep quality. But, maybe that's just not possible. It's frustrating that we can hit such a homerun like Amba Etta Tawo before the Portal even existed, but now can't get a whiff with so much more inventory available.
The staff works hard in the portal. They struggle getting proven transfers just like they do with HS recruits. Its been a struggling program for 20 years now. Collectives limits who they can get. They just have to be creative as possible, hope they hit on some hidden gems and figure out ways to keep them.

? The backup QB looks pretty good to me, we have above average WR talent and at least 1 stud with OG, and the RB looks really solid (including a stud) following a NFL draft pick.

? The backup QB looks pretty good to me, we have above average WR talent and at least 1 stud with OG, and the RB looks really solid (including a stud) following a NFL draft pick.
If we could have a 2018 year with injuries, we’ll have a 2018 type year IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom