Class of 2016 - DL Joel Dublanko (WA) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DL Joel Dublanko (WA)

Well, I guess I've got my answer. Ha. I went ahead and sent his dad a DM last night (he and I have spoken a bit in the past) because I was tired of the suspense, but I guess it's been solved for me.

I'm still gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back for my detective work anyway, dammit lol.
tumblr_lcm6c0t5sJ1qzievp.gif

I thought he was a LB recruit but Bailey's reporting that he's being looked at as a DL. Either way, let's just get him.

He's definitely going to grow into a DL. I'm not sure if he'll be a DE or DT at this point, but he's 100% going to wind up way too big to play LB in our scheme.
6'3" and 250. Sounds more like a DE, or an OLB in a 3-4. Anybody know how fast he is?

6'3" and 250. Sounds more like a DE, or an OLB in a 3-4. Anybody know how fast he is?
Not sure about his actual speed. All I know is that I've been told by someone who has worked with him before that he has better than average agility for a guy his size.

Not sure about his actual speed. All I know is that I've been told by someone who has worked with him before that he has better than average agility for a guy his size.
At 6'3" he may be a bit too short to play DE. To play DT, he'd have to gain about 40 pounds, otherwise he might get pushed off the line too easily.

At 6'3" he may be a bit too short to play DE. To play DT, he'd have to gain about 40 pounds, otherwise he might get pushed off the line too easily.
That's what I was thinking about kind of being a tweener and not being sure about which DL spot he'd play. I've been told he's actually closer to 6-4 than 6-3, not that an inch makes a ton of difference. I was also told he's probably closer to 260 than 250 at the moment. The good news is he's got a good frame to add more pounds to.

Who knows for sure though? HS measurements are not exactly reliable.

That's what I was thinking about kind of being a tweener and not being sure about which DL spot he'd play. I've been told he's actually closer to 6-4 than 6-3, not that an inch makes a ton of difference. I was also told he's probably closer to 260 than 250 at the moment. The good news is he's got a good frame to add more pounds to.

He's got a 30" vertical. That's a good thing. Wonder how long his arms are? Might make up for a lack of height.

these questions about his size are probably why we haven't offered and require an in person visit.

He'd be tied for tallest DE on our roster, going by the current official list on the school's website.

6-1 I believe, right? But Freeney also had the quickest first step I've probably ever seen from a DE.

Shorter, I had class with Mr. Freeney. I am just 6' and he and I were about the same.

FAST enough. And STRONG enough. If you're going to be short, you have to be able to out quick and out power the OT opposite you.

The kid is very good,he can play and start at this level. Heck he could probably bust a few helmets as a fullback.

I don't know about how some of you feel about this, but I always like liked when I see a starting line up that is from all around the country. It shows that we have a national reputation for recruits.

Probably depends who you ask...