Class of 2016 - DL Joel Dublanko (WA) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DL Joel Dublanko (WA)

Well, I guess I've got my answer. Ha. I went ahead and sent his dad a DM last night (he and I have spoken a bit in the past) because I was tired of the suspense, but I guess it's been solved for me.

I'm still gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back for my detective work anyway, dammit lol.

That was some true Sherlock-like detective work...very impressive!

At 6'3" he may be a bit too short to play DE. To play DT, he'd have to gain about 40 pounds, otherwise he might get pushed off the line too easily.

I feel like height is over rated for DE's. I'm sure you probably know someone personally who can attest to this but shorter DE's can run under/around or get leverage on taller OT's. See 6'6 Sean Hickey trying to get his hands on 6'2 Vic Beasley:
upload_2015-6-8_16-56-12.jpeg

I feel like height is over rated for DE's. I'm sure you probably know someone personally who can attest to this but shorter DE's can run under/around or get leverage on taller OT's. See 6'6 Sean Hickey trying to get his hands on 6'2 Vic Beasley:
View attachment 44860
Freeney used his lack of height to his advantage by getting his pads under the opposing OT's pad, hence winning the leverage game. And if that didn't work he simply ran around him or used his patented spin move.

So...any word on this kid yet?
Not a peep. Since we haven't heard anything by now...I'm inclined to think he didn't get an offer. I assume we would have gotten word at this point if he had.

Not a peep. Since we haven't heard anything by now...I'm inclined to think he didn't get an offer. I assume we would have gotten word at this point if he had.
Damn. Unfortunately that's what I was thinking as well.

Is it possible they were just focused on the commitment of culpepper today and not getting news out about Blanko?

If he commits, I'm not sure SU has had a class start as strong as this one has in a long, long time.

Who knows maybe he wants to announce at his HS at home so he's staying quiet.

I sure hope we offered - he's a beast on tape

Unfortunately for kids just because you visit doesn't mean you are going to get an offer. The staff has their priorities for the positions of need. There is probably a reason that Florida has asked him to come to camp and preform before they might offer him.

He also knew the risk of traveling to Syracuse without an offer, as the coaching staff told him ahead of time that he might want to wait to visit until after receiving an offer. I feel badly for the kid, but the coaches gave him fair warning he may leave disappointed if he visited before getting an offer.

This kid is undeniably talented, very well rounded and versatile. The trouble I see is he is a tweener in many respects, does alot of things very well but nothing on tape jumps out to indicate a dominant advantage at the next level. I see him best suited for an end/lb hybrid role in a 3-4 scheme. Again, talented player, but a difficult fit.

This kid is undeniably talented, very well rounded and versatile. The trouble I see is he is a tweener in many respects, does alot of things very well but nothing on tape jumps out to indicate a dominant advantage at the next level. I see him best suited for an end/lb hybrid role in a 3-4 scheme. Again, talented player, but a difficult fit.
I think this is true. He's not big enough to play DL, but not quick enough to play LB in our scheme. He's a square peg and we've only got round holes.

Freeney used his lack of height to his advantage by getting his pads under the opposing OT's pad, hence winning the leverage game. And if that didn't work he simply ran around him or used his patented spin move.

Not to mention the fact that I personally saw him bench press over 600 pounds. Dude was a tank, that also was fast as a RB. Athletic freak!

Rob Welsh - 6-3 259

but a tireless work ethic.

This is what I could see of Dublanko. If we had 25 to give I think he'd have one BUT in a year of limited scholies he might be the odd man out. I stress might because we don't know what's happening. Patience for this kid as maybe he ends ups being a late offeree. Or maybe he has one now. Things are very quiet, not a peep which is odd.