DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor

Hmmm...how much are tickets to every home game? The gas it costs me to drive 45 minutes each way?, the food I buy on campus cost?
I'm not sure what your salary is, but that costs a good chunk of mine

I'm not judging your position in life.

But if you think your ticket, gas and concession money is going to keep players here, then you're not keeping up with the latest trends in college football.

People are going to have to start putting their money where their mouth is if they expect us to compete with the NIL offers our players are getting elsewhere. If you think, like Mikel and Josh, that the school has the resources and just isn't applying them appropriately, then it might be worth considering another team to root for. You won't be satisfied.

Jawhar Jordan actually leads the ACC in rushing.

Jordan leaving here was squarely on Babers..

Allen is #9 fyi
Kid didn't want to sit behind Tucker, Babers played the better player and Jordan ran. So many decisions to lay at dinos feet and say "What the hell?" "Choosing" tucker over Jordan was not one of them.

Kid didn't want to sit behind Tucker, Babers played the better player and Jordan ran. So many decisions to lay at dinos feet and say "What the hell?" "Choosing" tucker over Jordan was not one of them.
This was really a win/win for both sides. Tucker was a great back for us, he had to play. JJ has come into his own at LVille- good for him. No regrets for everyone involved

This was really a win/win for both sides. Tucker was a great back for us, he had to play. JJ has come into his own at LVille- good for him. No regrets for everyone involved
Yeah and when a good board member here has ties to the Jordan family and gave the scoop on his situation, you can't hold anything against anyone in that spot.

100%

Just proves that Syracuse football has been blessed with an embarrassment of riches. :)
Of course they're going to portal out to needy programs like Louisville!

Do we have to have the "Schools don't provide NIL money" again?

Apparently, yes, we do.
Yeah I get it. My point is, I can only afford to support this team through traditional means.

What's interesting is how big the hype talk about him from their staff was heading into the season and then seeing what ended up being the result. They were talking about him as if he was a guy potentially declaring for the draft after the season.

exactly. The only thing he did at Texas Tech was gain more weight.

2022 Syracuse stats

22 tackles
6 tackles for loss
3.5 sacks

exactly. The only thing he did at Texas Tech was gain more weight.

2022 Syracuse stats

22 tackles
6 tackles for loss
3.5 sacks

Interesting in that we had 3-4 guys portal out from the defense last year that were difference makers here, and 2 were non factors (Carter and Chestnut) and Linton basically did similar to what he did while he was here and ends up portaling again. Geer's production went down dramatically at South Carolina as well.

So maybe we overvalued all these guys.

Interesting in that we had 3-4 guys portal out from the defense last year that were difference makers here, and 2 were non factors (Carter and Chestnut) and Linton basically did similar to what he did while he was here and ends up portaling again. Geer's production went down dramatically at South Carolina as well.

The production of these guys with their new schools really illustrates the talent disparity between Syracuse and othe P4 schools. Hopefully this changes rapidly under Coach Fran.

They went to better programs.

Are there any rumors re: Linton and SU interested in each other for another go?

Nah - they were getting coached up here by Dino and his staff; one strength they had was player development.

I kid, I kid…

Not sure that were looking for a DE per se but a reunion has to at least be considered.

Better fit as Edge in our upcoming 4-3 than he was as a DE in the 3-3-5, right?

Could be. It also may speak to how the system and coaches did a good job of putting them in positions to do well. There were reasons those other schools were interested.

Nah - they were getting coached up here by Dino and his staff; one strength they had was player development.

I kid, I kid…
It's not all wrong. How many guys have we had drafted lately that wouldn't have been considered to have strong pro prospects coming out of high school? Just because the guy failed doesn't mean some things didn't go right.

Last edited:
I posted this a long time ago, but the head coach of TT went on and on and on about how great Steve was. That he was basically a lock for the NFL and was going to kill it for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom