Class of 2023 - DL Ty Gordon (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/17/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Ty Gordon (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/17/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior DL recruiting starting to surge. Just what Dr. Dino ordered. ;) Comes in at good size (for a '23 recruit) from VA (6-2 267 according to two 47)

Edit: Staff building interior DL depth with 4 guys on the roster and 3 talented additions.

Lockett
Darton
EFC
Bassette +

Perry; Ingraham and Gordon.

Last edited:
Yup. I like this kid’s film. I can see why the staff stayed in touched with him. He looks like a future TFL demon. He is very twitchy and physical. His film reminds me of Lockett but Gordon looks a little better technique wise coming out of HS. Good find by the staff.

He may turn out to be awesome, and probably doesn’t cost a $$ but I’d rather use that scholarship on a transfer DL, take a flyer on a power five kid, rather a kid who had a bunch of FCS offers. Just my opinion
If there’s a transfer DL that’s good enough and wants to be here, we’ll get him here. This kid getting a scholarship doesn’t change that.

I’m actually working on a short piece about the battle that occurred at Haymarket in 1863. I’m all about this!

Love me some flips

0DCADDB2-4C4B-4921-BFA9-3327910A1ED6.gif

He may turn out to be awesome, and probably doesn’t cost a $$ but I’d rather use that scholarship on a transfer DL, take a flyer on a power five kid, rather a kid who had a bunch of FCS offers. Just my opinion
I agree but we don't know what the coaches know about our chances to land someone they consider better.

Those FCS kids sometimes end up far better long term than the power 5 kids who have reached close to their potential already. Verse is a great example.

His high school has some 2900 students,,,competition ought to be top notch.
I could see him at about 280+ in a few years...already has strength and quickness.
Work on some "nose tackle" technique and he could be a handful at the end of 2024.

Yup. I like this kid’s film. I can see why the staff stayed in touched with him. He looks like a future TFL demon. He is very twitchy and physical. His film reminds me of Lockett but Gordon looks a little better technique wise coming out of HS. Good find by the staff.
He looks like a combination of Locket and Darton to me. I don’t remember Lockets HS highlights to well at the moment but to me he looks very similar to what we saw from Darton this year. Doesn’t look to tall to me. I’m going to guess around 6’-1”. But that’s probably almost 2” taller than Darton. If he can play like Darton and at 275-280 lbs that would be awesome. If he is really over 260 now I think he could. I believe a kid like this is explosive enough and fast enough to get some snaps at DE as well at least on earlier downs or against our more talented P5 opponents with a big OL the ones that want to try to pound us in the run game. I mean check out his speed on a kick return he had at about the 4:25 mark. Love it.

Welcome to Syracuse Ty!

He looks like a combination of Locket and Darton to me. I don’t remember Lockets HS highlights to well at the moment but to me he looks very similar to what we saw from Darton this year. Doesn’t look to tall to me. I’m going to guess around 6’-1”. But that’s probably almost 2” taller than Darton. If he can play like Darton and at 275-280 lbs that would be awesome. If he is really over 260 now I think he could. I believe a kid like this is explosive enough and fast enough to get some snaps at DE as well at least on earlier downs or against our more talented P5 opponents with a big OL the ones that want to try to pound us in the run game. I mean check out his speed on a kick return he had at about the 4:25 mark. Love it.

Welcome to Syracuse Ty!
Good points. He does seem to have the ability to play DE also.

Status
Not open for further replies.