Do I dare ask | Syracusefan.com

Do I dare ask

above 20k under 50k. Still i dont recall the last time it was this quiet with that question only a week out from game 1..

ticket master is interesting though sections for the Clemson game has different sections available than Game 1 does, so i think they must be holding more tickets for that first game to keep the crowd from spreading out. but the clemson sales look decent so far.

Last edited:
id be happy with 32,000, last year's opener was baaaad.

Let's put it this way I am a diehard and even myself as forgetting about the game.

Just seems quiet to me at least in terms of media coverage... I can't knock the crowd as I will not be at the game but I'd guess 22k

we're playing a cupcake. The downside is no one cares about seeing this game versus a marquee 90% likely loss against an Ohio St like opponent where 45k would be in the house.

The program, at this juncture, can't have it both ways. We either build it back up and take our attendance medicine playing D2 teams or we continue to get throttled at the start of each year and lose any sense of momentum by November.

Don't worry about it. If you're attending just go and enjoy.

My first Dome game was the opener vs Vanderbilt in 1991. Crowd was 36K I believe. And that was with a team that had lots of preseason hype. Our attendance is always in a band of 10-12K. Win and those people show up, lose and they don't.

In 1993, after having lost to Miami 49-0 and West Virginia 43-0 the prior two weeks, we had a crowd of 48,949 in the Dome for Temple. Man I miss those days.

In 1993, after having lost to Miami 49-0 and West Virginia 43-0 the prior two weeks, we had a crowd of 48,949 in the Dome for Temple. Man I miss those days.

If we beat Texas that year instead of tying them, does that sneak us into a bowl or was the big east allotment full and we wouldn't have gotten in either way?

Temple being a perennial Parent's Weekend foe always helped.

There was also 1998 where the crowd for Rutgers, a week after beating Michigan at the Big House, was only 42K. Which is why I say there's about ~10K of flexibility in SU football attendance. When we're good and playing good teams we draw 46-49K. When we're bad and playing bad teams we draw 32-36K.

The upside is that we really don't have a long way to go to get larger crowds back in the Dome.

Temple being a perennial Parent's Weekend foe always helped.

There was also 1998 where the crowd for Rutgers, a week after beating Michigan at the Big House, was only 42K. Which is why I say there's about ~10K of flexibility in SU football attendance. When we're good and playing good teams we draw 46-49K. When we're bad and playing bad teams we draw 32-36K.

The upside is that we really don't have a long way to go to get larger crowds back in the Dome.

Flash forward 20 years and SU doesn't even guarantee a football game for Parents Weekend (at least once in the last two years the team was away that weekend).

Flash forward 20 years and SU doesn't even guarantee a football game for Parents Weekend (at least once in the last two years the team was away that weekend).
Crazy! :confused:

Yeah, that blows my mind.

If we beat Texas that year instead of tying them, does that sneak us into a bowl or was the big east allotment full and we wouldn't have gotten in either way?
Did they have bowl tie-ins at that point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom