Does the ACC move help our other sports? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does the ACC move help our other sports?

Long time might be pushing it - Merrimack, Lowell, providence, and UMass aren't exactly powers. Syracuse University sits in the middle of a very fertile recruiting area and would easily out recruit Clarkson, RIT, RPI, St. Lawrence, and Union in a very short time. I see no reason why SU couldn't be on equal footing with a Cornell or Colgate in a few years. ****, RIT played for a championship not to long ago.

If the school supports the team fiscally, we become a top 15 program in no time.

It would take us a while to get to middle of the pack in Hockey East. It would take a full 4 seasons of recruiting to get to that middle tier, then probably another 4 to even come close to challenging BU (my rooting interest), BC, Northeastern, Maine, and UNH. Long term I think we'd be able to play, but they would never take us in our first season.

It would take us a while to get to middle of the pack in Hockey East. It would take a full 4 seasons of recruiting to get to that middle tier, then probably another 4 to even come close to challenging BU (my rooting interest), BC, Northeastern, Maine, and UNH. Long term I think we'd be able to play, but they would never take us in our first season.

I agree. While I'd like to see SU in Hockey East, it would take years for the program to be competitive with the top of the league. The biggest reason Providence, UML...etc. "aren't exactly powers," is because the big four BU, BC, UNH and Maine are so strong. With Notre Dame added to that group breaking into the top tier will be even tougher. While SU certainly has overall name recognition, I also wouldn't assume that they'd automatically out recruit Cornell or RPI, which have won national championships, or even Clarkson ( poor the last couple years but a traditional ECAC power). It would be great to find out though. How Penn St. fares next year may say a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom