Does Wilhack already have his target? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does Wilhack already have his target?

The most fun , I hate it, Im breaking out in hives, I remember 2004/5 and what followed
No disrespect to those who have passed on. Grob was a good guy as well . But I don’t believe the program has ever recovered 100% from those years. First sign of schizophrenia, answering your own post .

I hope his tenure lasts longer than the Doug Marrone "this is my dream job" opening presser (repeated almost word for word a few years later in Buffalo).
When Marrone was hired by SU - and supposedly made that statement - he didn't know the AD or the Chancellor.

And, when he was hired by Buffalo, Ralph Wilson was the owner, who died two years later.

Things change.

What I am missing here? Didn't Wildhack say he was looking for P5 Head coaching or assistant experience? That would rule out Chesney.

What I am missing here? Didn't Wildhack say he was looking for P5 Head coaching or assistant experience? That would rule out Chesney.

Pretty sure he wasn’t ruling anyone out. Just giving some ideas of what he may be looking for. He has a search team looking anyways. They’ll bring him a list of interested names and he’ll go from there. There really isn’t a prerequisite list that automatically disqualifies candidates.

Pretty sure he wasn’t ruling anyone out. Just giving some ideas of what he may be looking for. He has a search team looking anyways. They’ll bring him a list of interested names and he’ll go from there. There really isn’t a prerequisite list that automatically disqualifies candidates.
Agree but that and the northeast roots seemed like his two big prerequisites. We shall see. I actually would on board with waving one of them to get Chesney.

So far on FB, I’ve seen people seriously comment the following:

-Dino should have been fired but SU should have waited until after the holidays to fire him

-SU should hire Jimbo Fisher

-SU should hire Lane Kiffin

-SU should hire David Walker

Then there is that guy Tortora (sorry if I misspelled his name) who had Don McPherson on his list. Seriously.
I said SU should hire Pasqualoni. I was joking, but nobody got it.

I think he said HC experience or P5 assistant experience. I'm confused on what he said too. Felt like it was an either/or

Yeah, my interpretation of that was:

HC experience
OR
P4 Coordinator experience.

No position coaches need apply.

So, the door is open for Chesney & White, but of course also (potentially) for Mullen, etc.

I knew that and didn’t need anyone to tell me.
Pete Retzlaff was a good friend and business partner of mine. He was obviously close with Dick and when I was in KC and Dick was the coach the three of us would get together. Pete liked Gerg but knew he wasn't a very good coach. Dick liked him as well and nudged him out. When i heard that Gerg was the choice I was bummed as I knew we were in for a rough patch.

Pete Retzlaff was a good friend and business partner of mine. He was obviously close with Dick and when I was in KC and Dick was the coach the three of us would get together. Pete liked Gerg but knew he wasn't a very good coach. Dick liked him as well and nudged him out. When i heard that Gerg was the choice I was bummed as I knew we were in for a rough patch.
Why didn’t you send up the red flare?

I made a post showing all the red flags and it got slagged because I thought firing P was a bad move.

It was confirmed at a speech he gave at an event CTO was kind enough to invite me to.

Looks like SDSU fans wouldn’t be enthused about bringing Tony White back either reading the comments

Last edited by a moderator: