Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see that? (but I am blind, so...)

• During non-academic events, on a case-by-case basis, as determined by a public health risk assessment. These changes will be communicated directly as appropriate.

• During non-academic events, on a case-by-case basis, as determined by a public health risk assessment. These changes will be communicated directly as appropriate.

Thanks!

Q: Will we have to wear masks in football games?

A: It depends on the COVID alert level, but on the current “BLUE” level, it is recommended that vaccinated people wear masks indoors including in the Carrier Dome, and masks are required for those who are unvaccinated.

This is what is currently posted for the Dome (of course subject to change):

Mask Requirements

In accordance with current Syracuse University guidelines, masks will be required for patrons while indoors at the stadium, on shuttle buses and in all campus buildings regardless of vaccination status, except while actively eating or drinking at your designated seating location. All attendance and masking policies are subject to change with public health guidance and policies.

"In addition, the above framework does not apply to events held at the Syracuse University stadium, where masking and other COVID prevention policies will be prescribed based on local and state public health orders." Yay, we get to crank up the dome naming issue again! ;)

im fine wearing a mask for a few hours to actually see the games in person again, even if i have to have crutches to do so( i broke a small bone in my foot playing softball last week, im hoping it heals enough by then to avoid)

I sent an email to AD Wildhack asking him to set up tents at Skytop, Manley, and The Quad so fans could get their vaccine cards and/test results reviewed prior to entering the dome.

If they are going to deal with mobile ticketing issues along with reviewing COVID19 documentation at the gates it will be chaos near the dome with lines stretching into the quad.

AD Wildhack was non-committal in his reply as to whether this was something they were considering doing prior to the game.

I sent an email to AD Wildhack asking him to set up tents at Skytop, Manley, and The Quad so fans could get their vaccine cards and/test results reviewed prior to entering the dome.

If they are going to deal with mobile ticketing issues along with reviewing COVID19 documentation at the gates it will be chaos near the dome with lines stretching into the quad.

AD Wildhack was non-committal in his reply as to whether this was something they were considering doing prior to the game.

Who's coming down to the Fine Lot Tailgate to check our vax cards? It seems you don't think we're tent worthy.

I can pretty much guarantee there not gonna do that

I may have missed it, but just confirming: no attendance restrictions, right? All tickets are for sale?

would it be surprising if they went with masks and no food option
yes that would be very surprising, you cant tell entertainment venues you cant serve food

yes that would be very surprising, you cant tell entertainment venues you cant serve food
no, but the school can decide to not bother.. they would need less staff and it would cut down on some people, the safety issue.. how many would choose not to attend over it is a good question.. maybe they try to push more out to the quad pre-game?

its really the only concern i have over going is sitting next to people I dont know watching them chow down and drinking. its bad enough in reg games getting sloshed on all game long.

no, but the school can decide to not bother.. they would need less staff and it would cut down on some people, the safety issue.. how many would choose not to attend over it is a good question.. maybe they try to push more out to the quad pre-game?

its really the only concern i have over going is sitting next to people I dont know watching them chow down and drinking. its bad enough in reg games getting sloshed on all game long.
if your scared you should stay home though

if your scared you should stay home though
not sure its really scared when you want to be smart.. until the grand kid can get a shot which is a long ways out. and scared is the wrong thing. even getting sick isnt the worry but you can pass it along to anyone else. why do we have Drs wearing masks in hospitals? because there is a really small chance some germ infects someone there..

honestly if everyone played this thing smart for 2 weeks it would go away in the US in 2 weeks.. everyone just wears a mask outside the house for 2 weeks. but the unvaxed wont get vaxed and the vaxed think they are safe or the risk is low so they dont need to bother either which makes it easier for the unvaxed to walk around spreading it..

not sure its really scared when you want to be smart.. until the grand kid can get a shot which is a long ways out. and scared is the wrong thing. even getting sick isnt the worry but you can pass it along to anyone else. why do we have Drs wearing masks in hospitals? because there is a really small chance some germ infects someone there..

honestly if everyone played this thing smart for 2 weeks it would go away in the US in 2 weeks.. everyone just wears a mask outside the house for 2 weeks. but the unvaxed wont get vaxed and the vaxed think they are safe or the risk is low so they dont need to bother either which makes it easier for the unvaxed to walk around spreading it..

people have gotten sick pre covid, not enough data on whether vaxed give to unvaxed or vaxed just get minor version of covid. Doctors are used towearing masks at work they signed up for it when they chose that field. With the low rates in the south and midwest this will take months to burn out thats why at this point hospitals have to manage at this point and hope that with the new infections and vaxed combo we get to a point to put it to rest and as a wake up call to the unvaxed

you read those stories coming out of Isreal with a much higher vax rate and its pretty scary how long this will go on and accelerate..

If you want to be "smart" you wouldn't put 35K people in a concrete tunnel unless they're dressed like astronauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.