Dome Nachos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Nachos

I'm with you! I can't even bare to look at those things and I feel sorry for anyone painstakingly pushing forward trying to eat them with a smile on their face knowing that it is crushing them deep in their soul.

JOHN WILDHACK: BRING BACK THE OLD DOME NACHOS

P.S. that will be my College Gameday sign if they ever come to Syracuse.

I mean, look at this absolute work of art:

I already have the sign made for when FSU comes and gameday is here.

I can honestly say in 43 years of going to the Dome I think I’ve only had the nachos - new or old - only once!

Man you gotta be pretty desperate to eat the Dome food. The cookiewich which I guess is now gone was the one exception. The pretzel and dome dogs look horrific and the Nachos fell off years ago. I have heard the new food options are decent but ill stick with the pregame tailgate.

Man you gotta be pretty desperate to eat the Dome food. The cookiewich which I guess is now gone was the one exception. The pretzel and dome dogs look horrific and the Nachos fell off years ago. I have heard the new food options are decent but ill stick with the pregame tailgate.
Ive always tailgated. Those old Dome 'chos were unbeatable though. Not sure what food options you are talking about that are decent, but I haven't seen them. The beer options have improved, but everything else went backwards.

Ive always tailgated. Those old Dome 'chos were unbeatable though. Not sure what food options you are talking about that are decent, but I haven't seen them. The beer options have improved, but everything else went backwards.

The new grab and go stuff on the 1st level, Tenders, Chicken sandwiches, fries, I think burgers etc.

Had one once during bball season, it was horrific. Tasted like it came in during the Conley era in the early 90s. Your better off getting a beer and waiting post-game for literally anything else.
Oh, its not even about the bad taste anymore. It’s not even a full pretzel. Just a small ring. Im not sure you can even call it a pretzel anymore

Also,

It needs to be said though I know many here enjoy the convenience and spillage efficiency of a can…

I miss the true foams though

I laugh at stuff like this because it's so unnecessary. Dome nachos and the pretzel are both worse. Who are these sick people in charge?
There's so much wrong - nachos, pretzels. What's next, Popcorn ?

Somebody here has to know somebody that knows somebody that knows who's in charge.

Give up the name !

Also,

It needs to be said though I know many here enjoy the convenience and spillage efficiency of a can…

I miss the true foams though
Yeah I’m a big fan of the grab and go cans. Way more efficient, and yeah you don’t have to worry about spilling. I hated the tops on the old cups.

They definitely went backwards with the nachos. The chicken sandwich was a solid addition though. I typically eat before the game - usually Varsity, but if running later and i don’t have time, the chicken sandwich will get it done for me.

Kids menu?! How dare you sir? I would bathe in that cheese if they let me. I can eat boring salsa any day of the week at home. That warm, golden, unbeatable cheese was akin to the warmth of having your face in your first set of ample bosoms.
Grown-ups alternate their bites between the cheese and the salsa to maximize the flavorful experience. I had no idea so many savages were on this board.

Yeah I’m a big fan of the grab and go cans. Way more efficient, and yeah you don’t have to worry about spilling. I hated the tops on the old cups.

They definitely went backwards with the nachos. The chicken sandwich was a solid addition though. I typically eat before the game - usually Varsity, but if running later and i don’t have time, the chicken sandwich will get it done for me.

Ya the cans are a vast improvemetn save for the fact that by halftime the beers depleted and SU for some odd reason doesn't ever replenish the coolers. Still draft stands around which is nice if you wanna change things up. One thing SU does need to do is make the options more uniformed. I saw picture for Sip pre-season and I haven't seen a can of that on the 1st level the entire year.

I have had many a dome dog.. but its 505/50 whether its edible or not. I tried a few things from the grab and go but that has been a disaster every time.. cold cardboard is not good.

Ruston’s Diner serves as my base before non-primetime games. But I’m but a man and often find myself looking around, confused, wondering how did these 4 dome dog wrappers end up next to me when nobody else is near me in the section?

The only thing I’m looking forward to is the drink holders . The bench seats don’t bother me but it’s really difficult to stand and clap and cheer with a beer in your hand , and setting them on the ground under my feet has led to a few disasters through the years.
So it was you! it ran down under the seats and soaked my wifes sweatshirt !

The new grab and go stuff on the 1st level, Tenders, Chicken sandwiches, fries, I think burgers etc.
It's sightly better than 20 years ago..but really just boring options. Bring in local flavors.

This is a picture I took of the new chos at the dome, they’re substandard and I asked for double cheese and did not receive it. The cheese was bad anyways.
72A99296-0D6B-40F3-A346-7892EC382868.jpeg

The only thing I’m looking forward to is the drink holders . The bench seats don’t bother me but it’s really difficult to stand and clap and cheer with a beer in your hand , and setting them on the ground under my feet has led to a few disasters through the years.
I know im in the minority..but ill be sad to see the benches go. Keep the benches in the 3rd level...go seatbacks everywhere else.