Dome roof scheduled to come down tomorrow... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome roof scheduled to come down tomorrow...

You could make a lot of masks out of that ;)
The inability to allow air through might be considered a detriment. We want a filter, not a block.

Last edited:
Please never use "final solution" as part of a joke. It is the name for one of the most horrific periods of human history .. and that is how most people know the phrase.
Fair. I had a feeling that was a line I shouldn't cross. I'll delete.

How close are we to needing to move Sept 19 game?

Around that same time, in 1977, the Montreal Expos started construction on their retractable roof.
After an estimated cost of nearly a billion dollars over the next 20 years (at the time), the roof never functioned as it was supposed to.

Yeah, I vaguely remember going to games there one summer and the roof was off?

Yeah, I vaguely remember going to games there one summer and the roof was off?

That would have been 1998.

1584380169804.png

When I was younger in the early to mid 80's (not sure if you went to games then), I remember staring in to the sky into the large tower montrosity (that probably cost a fortune itself) that was built above the stadium to hold the roof... but the roof had never actually been built.

See "contunuing problems on Wiki page"

Don't want to take this away from a Dome topic. I think it's a tribute to the Dome that they had relatively few problems on a much more simplistic and cheap design, and that it lasted so long.

That would have been 1998.

View attachment 178112

When I was younger in the early to mid 80's (not sure if you went to games then), I remember staring in to the sky into the large tower montrosity (that probably cost a fortune itself) that was built above the stadium to hold the roof... but the roof had never actually been built.

See "contunuing problems on Wiki page"

Don't want to take this away from a Dome topic. I think it's a tribute to the Dome that they had relatively few problems on a much more simplistic and cheap design, and that it lasted so long.
The Big “Owe”

They just added a collar to the spiral that I think is going up next. And prep for the girder in the open are going strong. We should at least get another spiral up this afternoon. With the days getting longer, who knows, maybe a girder is possible too?

I don't know how they deflated it, but what a ride it would be if they opened all the doors.

I haven't read the thread yet, but got a BREAKING thing from ESPN about SU that said "The end of an era", and I thought it was JB! The dome is bad/sad enough, but I thought it was something much more epic when I first read the title.

It's not like the news doesn't try to have us on edge enough already without headlines like that.

I haven't read the thread yet, but got a BREAKING thing from ESPN about SU that said "The end of an era", and I thought it was JB! The dome is bad/sad enough, but I thought it was something much more epic when I first read the title.

It's not like the news doesn't try to have us on edge enough already without headlines like that.

"The end of an era" could mean the three guards who left. But, probably not...

I saw the video of the dome stripped up pretty good taking the the old seating out though I haven’t heard anything but Im wondering are they replacing the lower half with actual seats?? I think that would actually be a really good idea ya know being courtside and actually being comfortable

I saw the video of the dome stripped up pretty good taking the the old seating out though I haven’t heard anything but Im wondering are they replacing the lower half with actual seats?? I think that would actually be a really good idea ya know being courtside and actually being comfortable
No. No changes to seating in phase 1. Perhaps in phase 2.

The site is a huge mess right now. Equipment and parts and people are everywhere. This project must be a nightmare to try and manage.

I'm waiting on JB to enter the transfer portal at this point!

No. No changes to seating in phase 1. Perhaps in phase 2.

The site is a huge mess right now. Equipment and parts and people are everywhere. This project must be a nightmare to try and manage.

Not more than 10 people, I hope.

Please never use "final solution" as part of a joke. It is the name for one of the most horrific periods of human history .. and that is how most people know the phrase.
I agree. My trip to the Holocaust museum in D.C. will be with me forever. One result is that I will never use the term Nazi as a mere perjorative. It is an insult to the lives of those impacted by this particular version of man's inhumanity to man.