Don't care what they say, JB's win total matters | Syracusefan.com

Don't care what they say, JB's win total matters

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Last night, both during the game and during SportCenter highlights, they kept displaying JB's win total as "873."

I know people say it doesn't matter but goddamnit it does. The guy is literally only the second guy to be chasing 1000 and outside of Syracuse nobody will ever really know or care. I really hope the NCAA eventually reinstates them on his record, it's such horseshite.

Last night, both during the game and during SportCenter highlights, they kept displaying JB's win total as "873."

I know people say it doesn't matter but goddamnit it does. The guy is literally only the second guy to be chasing 1000 and outside of Syracuse nobody will ever really know or care. I really hope the NCAA eventually reinstates them on his record, it's such horseshite.
I agree and I would love to see the University recognize 1000

If it were me and I was SU, I'd say that JAB "has 974/873 career wins."

Has the NCAA outlined which wins were stripped? Until they do that, and explicitly say which ones they've taken away, I don't understand why anybody would acknowledge anything but JB's true total.

No to Beohiem's arbitrary retirement date. He is better than he has ever been . Rat face tyrant doesn't have a lot left in the tank and a refreshed JB will drive him over the edge , and take the all time win total , even without the 101 that the NCAA took.

If it were me and I was SU, I'd say that JAB "has 974/873 career wins."

better yet, he has 974.

seriously, what we should do is hang a counter in the dome, near our natty banner, and have it go up to 1000. therefore, it would get down during every tv broadcast. 975. this would draw so much attention to it. the only possible repercussion is the ncaa may even be more less inclined to restore the wins, but I doubt that happens anyways.

Has the NCAA outlined which wins were stripped? Until they do that, and explicitly say which ones they've taken away, I don't understand why anybody would acknowledge anything but JB's true total.

SU knows, but the public won't find out until next year's media guide is published.

wait... does he have 974 now? OrangeXtreme said he had 974 after the Wake game.

Can I get a ruling please?

better yet, he has 974.

seriously, what we should do is hang a counter in the dome, near our natty banner, and have it go up to 1000. therefore, it would get down during every tv broadcast. 975. this would draw so much attention to it. the only possible repercussion is the ncaa may even be more less inclined to restore the wins, but I doubt that happens anyways.

I like this idea. They should just post a huge counter with 975 with no reference to JB, wins or what it means, or maybe SU could mount some hooks for a banner on the dome wall and the fans could hang the banner ...... and SU just won't ask them to take it down until after each game.

Didn't CTO state that there's some talk of SU recognizing how many losses JB has dished out on our opponents? We have the wins erased from our record, but the teams we played still have the losses. It seems a pretty easy end around the NCAA's b******.

I like how McDonough took every opportunity to say the same thing last night. He always quoted 2 numbers, as if to say, the NCAA says one thing, but we don't agree with it, so here is the real #.

So he had over 100 wins stripped. Does get to remove the losses for that span as well or does his winning percentage just take a massive hit?
AT the moment, only the losses are recognized. It's complete #hor$eS#!

JB passing Calhoun and Rupp for the second time!

It's not going to happen.

JB committed the unforgivable sin of not knowing every detail about some YMCA job in Oneida, much worse that JoePa aiding and abetting a pederast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom