Don't get worked up about tickets... | Syracusefan.com

Don't get worked up about tickets...

Orange46R

Walk On
Been to 5 final fours (1991, 1992, 19993, 1996, 2003) and work in the ticketing industry. Lots of posts people posting about tix. Nobody should be discouraged from going because they are worried about tickets. Here is some quick advice:

- If you have the means and $$ isn't an issue buy the packages through SU. That way you don't have to mess around with anything (travel, hotel, tix) and will have decent seats in the Syracuse section.

- With that being said, they absolutely gouge you the packages. If you can get yourself to Atl but are having trouble finding a room buy a single land only package and jam 4-6 people in your room to cut on costs.

- They don't have anything on their website yet but check out Wichita St tomorrow. They will have the same # of tickets to sell as Syracuse and a much smaller fanbase. They likely will be selling tickets to general public - keep checking the web and calling there tomorrow/Monday to find out what the deal is. If they don't offer anything up initially keep calling back - once they get through their donors/season ticketholders they will dump them on the general public.

- If you can't get tix through SU and want to buy before you get to Atl I recommend using StubHub. They guaranteed everything they sell and will have an office in Atl during the Final Four to deal with any issues. Don't do any Ebay auctions you will end up paying too much plus have to wait until they end. Ticket broker prices will be much higher than anywhere else. Buying final four tickets off Craigslist is moronic.

- If you strike out getting face value ticket packages through one of the schools and want to buy before you get to Atl a fair price would be $150 over face. I'm not going to say what you should/shouldn't pay as everyone has a different situation but $150 over face would be the 'going rate' for buying tix during the week.

- SeatGeek is a ticketing search engine if you want to see a wide variety of options available.

- Find out the team hotels and make the rounds Fri and Sat. Everyone will be picking up their tickets in Atl mostly at the hotels. You are going to have no shows, people who bought more than they need, etc. Hang around and be discreet and you should get lucky. Don't go into the Wichita St hotel wearing your Carmelo throwback jersey if you know what I mean.

- Street scalpers will be plentiful. For the semi's prices will drop as tip approaches - all morning their prices will be jacked up. Remember that once the game starts they are sitting on inventory that will be worthless in a couple hours.

- Championship game is a piece of cake just start looking a couple hours before tipoff you will get in less than face value.

If you are thinking about going to Atlanta you should not let anything hold you back. If I had to go on the cheap this is what I would do:

1. gas up the car and load it up with beers and food
2. start driving south
3. find a Super 8 or something an hour or so out of Atl
2. scrape for tix

the only thing I'd add is what Bees said above, before hitting up Wich. st. wait for Tuesday and SU should start offering them up to all of us. They'll be a lot available I'd have to imagine.

Just curious, but why do you say no craigslist, but then scalpers are okay?

Bought off VividSeats and it was very easy. Spent 350 a person (after fees) and got 4 tickets. The tickets are transferred to your credit card on something called "FlashSeats" and seems very easy and safe.

Thanks for the advice.
The 3 final fours at the superdome were real easy to get tickets to, I want to asume that the georgia dome will be the same

Just curious, but why do you say no craigslist, but then scalpers are okay?

Because a scalper you are dealing with in person. You could still get ripped off with a fake but since you are face to face you can at least check out the tickets and look for the hologram and make sure they look legit.

I should have clarified that if you see something on Craigslist where you can meet the person that would work - I just wouldn't send anyone $$ unless I had the tix in hand.

Anyone know what face value is for the 2 game ticket and final only?
when i tried to go through the lottery a few months, i believe the prices were ~$180 (max $200ish) for all 3 games ($90 a session) for some 200 level seats and all 300 level seats. i know the 100 section was not available, and i believe part of the 200 section wasn't available via the lottery either.

Been to 5 final fours (1991, 1992, 19993, 1996, 2003) and work in the ticketing industry. Lots of posts people posting about tix. Nobody should be discouraged from going because they are worried about tickets. Here is some quick advice:

- If you have the means and $$ isn't an issue buy the packages through SU. That way you don't have to mess around with anything (travel, hotel, tix) and will have decent seats in the Syracuse section.

- With that being said, they absolutely gouge you the packages. If you can get yourself to Atl but are having trouble finding a room buy a single land only package and jam 4-6 people in your room to cut on costs.

- They don't have anything on their website yet but check out Wichita St tomorrow. They will have the same # of tickets to sell as Syracuse and a much smaller fanbase. They likely will be selling tickets to general public - keep checking the web and calling there tomorrow/Monday to find out what the deal is. If they don't offer anything up initially keep calling back - once they get through their donors/season ticketholders they will dump them on the general public.

- If you can't get tix through SU and want to buy before you get to Atl I recommend using StubHub. They guaranteed everything they sell and will have an office in Atl during the Final Four to deal with any issues. Don't do any Ebay auctions you will end up paying too much plus have to wait until they end. Ticket broker prices will be much higher than anywhere else. Buying final four tickets off Craigslist is moronic.

- If you strike out getting face value ticket packages through one of the schools and want to buy before you get to Atl a fair price would be $150 over face. I'm not going to say what you should/shouldn't pay as everyone has a different situation but $150 over face would be the 'going rate' for buying tix during the week.

- SeatGeek is a ticketing search engine if you want to see a wide variety of options available.

- Find out the team hotels and make the rounds Fri and Sat. Everyone will be picking up their tickets in Atl mostly at the hotels. You are going to have no shows, people who bought more than they need, etc. Hang around and be discreet and you should get lucky. Don't go into the Wichita St hotel wearing your Carmelo throwback jersey if you know what I mean.

- Street scalpers will be plentiful. For the semi's prices will drop as tip approaches - all morning their prices will be jacked up. Remember that once the game starts they are sitting on inventory that will be worthless in a couple hours.

- Championship game is a piece of cake just start looking a couple hours before tipoff you will get in less than face value.

If you are thinking about going to Atlanta you should not let anything hold you back. If I had to go on the cheap this is what I would do:

1. gas up the car and load it up with beers and food
2. start driving south
3. find a Super 8 or something an hour or so out of Atl
2. scrape for tix

What would you recommend if i can only attend the championship game?...due to a prior commitment i am not sure i would be able to attend the saturday games..

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom