Don't laugh at me tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Don't laugh at me tonight...

cto

Administrator
Don't laugh if you see me at the Hardwood Club dinner tonight.

Dressed in my crummy Saturday "running-around clothes,". I went into NYC yesterday for a fancy black-tie wedding. In my suitcase was a sparkly fancy dress with all its accessories. NOT in my suitcase were the clothes I planned to wear to the dinner tonight. After exactly three hours sleep last night (due to a very late party, losing an hour to Daylight Savings Time and an early flight), I am now in Syracuse -- very sleep-deprived and having to choose between jeans and a formal party dress for the dinner tonight. I suspect the jeans will win.

Last edited:

Dressed in my crummy Saturday "running-around clothes,". I went into NYC yesterday for a fancy black-tie wedding. In my suitcase was a sparkly fancy dress with all its accessories. NOT in my suitcase were the clothes I planned to wear to the dinner tonight. After exactly three hours sleep last night (due to a very late party, losing an hour to Daylight Savings Time and an early flight), I am now in Syracuse -- very sleep-deprived and having to choose between jeans and a formal party dress for the dinner tonight. I suspect the jeans will win.

Walmart is your friend.

Last edited:
Go with the jeans. People will love you no matter what you wear! It's casual Sunday anyway, right?

You could probably show up in a one-piece swimsuit and instead of thinking "what the heck is she wearing", most people would be thinking "I GOTTA find out the story behind this...". You've both earned the benefit of the doubt, and always seem to have a great story behind everything that happens.

PS - count me among those that support the Boeheims, they've more than earned benefit of doubt.

Last edited:

just go with the orange and blue body paint and be done with it.

Do they need Otto at this shindig tonight? Fulfill your dream. You know you want too. ;)

Can't wait to hear the recap from the dinner.

My parents went to the Hardwood Club Dinner in 1985 and 1986. Not sure how they happened to go, because while we've always been fans, they weren't boosters or anything like that. I have to think John Deere, where my dad worked, may have been one of the sponsors.

Anyway, before they left the first year, we weren't sure if there would be time to get autographs. My dad wasn't that thrilled about waiting in line for autographs but my mom is always game for stuff like that, even though she isn't a big sports fan. I gave my mom one assignment - get The Pearl's autograph. They got home that night and my dad had one sheet of autographs - he got Sherman Douglas, Rony Seikaly, Rafael Addison,Wendell Alexis, Herman Harried and famous walk-ons Joel Katz and Joey Kohm. My mom showed me her program. Along with the same guys my dad had gotten, she was one of the last in line before he had to stop signing- but sure enough, scribbled at the top of the player picture page was The Pearl.

My parents went to the Hardwood Club Dinner in 1985 and 1986. Not sure how they happened to go, because while we've always been fans, they weren't boosters or anything like that. I have to think John Deere, where my dad worked, may have been one of the sponsors.

Anyway, before they left the first year, we weren't sure if there would be time to get autographs. My dad wasn't that thrilled about waiting in line for autographs but my mom is always game for stuff like that, even though she isn't a big sports fan. I gave my mom one assignment - get The Pearl's autograph. They got home that night and my dad had one sheet of autographs - he got Sherman Douglas, Rony Seikaly, Rafael Addison,Wendell Alexis, Herman Harried and famous walk-ons Joel Katz and Joey Kohm. My mom showed me her program. Along with the same guys my dad had gotten, she was one of the last in line before he had to stop signing- but sure enough, scribbled at the top of the player picture page was The Pearl.
How much were they charging for autographs? Hey now!

How much were they charging for autographs? Hey now!

Yes let me add the disclaimer for sure in case Mr Emmert is scanning the board. No NCAA rules were broken at any point in that story.

Jeans. I decided it was better to be under-dressed than to be over-dressed. As fate would have it, I wound up sitting next to the impeccably dressed Juli Boeheim, but she did not seem embarrassed to be seen with me. :)
I am so proud of our crowd for the ovation jb got. I think you are right about our new chancy. The NCAA may have messed with the wrong guy.

Should have gone naked---nobody would complain about what you were wearing and you would have been remembered forever and ticket prices for next year would have tripled. :)

no one would ever laugh to your face, cto

no one would ever laugh to your face, cto
Are you kidding? I seem to be one of the people who invite such reactions... like when I broke my nose in Maui last season. VA Orange, my friend and roommate there, still laughs when she talks about it.

Are you kidding? I seem to be one of the people who invite such reactions... like when I broke my nose in Maui last season. VA Orange, my friend and roommate there, still laughs when she talks about it.

I still remember sitting poolside the next morning and VAO walks over:

BO: Where's Joyce?
VAO: There was an incident.

Last edited: