Doug McDermott at the next level? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Doug McDermott at the next level?

With a better post game

And maybe a better handle too? I have seen DM put it on the floor and make some plays. He probably would be a big problem for 4's in the NBA if he was a couple of inches taller.

McDermott's bigger than those guys. He's more like a poor man's Larry Bird. I guess you might compare him to Steve Novak or Danilo Gallinari.
By poor you mean bankrupt right?

I might not remember him as well as I thought because I was young at the time, but is McDermott similar to a better shooting version of Antoine Walker? I feel like they might be similar size and athleticism wise if I remember right?

Not trying to compare their overall skill sets, but McDermott's little step back jumper is positively Nowitskian.

Scoring will only get you so far in the NBA depending on who your coach is. No doubt McDermott can fill it up with the best of them. Take Jimmer Fredette for example, who scored 26 on the Knicks the other night. He scores as good as anybody in the league, but plays 15 minutes for his career because he can't guard a tree.

By poor you mean bankrupt right?
Destitute. Those comparing might want to look at Larry birds college numbers. Bird and Doug are both white and can both shoot. That is where the similarities end.

Destitute. Those comparing might want to look at Larry birds college numbers. Bird and Doug are both white and can both shoot. That is where the similarities end.

32.8 ppg in his first season is pretty good, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom