Class of 2022 - DT Daniel Santiago (NY/AZ) Visiting 6/22/2021 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DT Daniel Santiago (NY/AZ) Visiting 6/22/2021

I like this recruit. On the offensive side, gotta like DB's west coast swing also. Cali seems like fertile territory for QB's ... with Lamson on the roster and that talented kid from BC (Morehead).

Last edited:
Okay -- reading fast, I misinterpreted his tweet.

Looked like a commitment post.

It is impressive that Daniel was able to travel across the country, to much tougher competition, and play so well.

Also, note that Grady Gross, who was just offered by Syracuse, also made that all star team….

so...Player of the year...
Navy and Yale offers...smart guy
Dino visits... yet no offer.
?

Any body know the status of that Rochester area tackle(last recruiting cycle) who "verbaled" to CUSE
last year but grades(?) or something kept him from signing?

?

Any body know the status of that Rochester area tackle(last recruiting cycle) who "verbaled" to CUSE

I’m not so sure that we haven’t offered him yet

Some of our offers have been silent and staff has asked them to be silent

?

Moss is attending JUCO

This is an interesting topic in and of itself. Does a request like this backfire on Syracuse or give them a nice edge?

What you are basically saying to the kid is, "Kid you're good and no one knows about you yet, but we do. We know as soon as we offer other schools are gonna tag along and offer too. Keep this between us because we want you."

The kid could either read that as "Syracuse really knows what it's doing, and if no one else sees my talent then forget them", or he could read it as "if I keep this silent I risk not being offered by other schools."

This is an interesting topic in and of itself. Does a request like this backfire on Syracuse or give them a nice edge?

What you are basically saying to the kid is, "Kid you're good and no one knows about you yet, but we do. We know as soon as we offer other schools are gonna tag along and offer too. Keep this between us because we want you."

The kid could either read that as "Syracuse really knows what it's doing, and if no one else sees my talent then forget them", or he could read it as "if I keep this silent I risk not being offered by other schools."

More about us not wanting other programs to know because too much negative recruiting is occurring on our targets especially about Dino

We’ve lost a couple kids due to this in other cycles

My question is if Santiago knew he was leaving, on the first flight out in the morning and was never coming back...why weren't his bags packed?
I don’t know why. Maybe he was an early riser.
Maybe he didn't have any friends. I'm an educated man, but I don't know the travel habits of DT Santiago.
What I do know is that he was set to leave at 9 am the next morning. Are these really the questions I was called here to answer?
Do you have any other questions for me, like what’s my favorite color? Please tell me you have something more.

Sit down, I’m done with my examination.

His uncle (who played at Cuse) has stated that he still doesnt have an offer. Worked out at Cuse and was told they are waiting on a couple commits. Sounds like he would jump all over an offer.

I don’t know why. Maybe he was an early riser.
Maybe he didn't have any friends. I'm an educated man, but I don't know the travel habits of DT Santiago.
What I do know is that he was set to leave at 9 am the next morning. Are these really the questions I was called here to answer?
Do you have any other questions for me, like what’s my favorite color? Please tell me you have something more.

Losing Santiago would be tragic

Seems to me if you are talented enough to visit the Cuse, put on the uniform for pictures and reveal a 315 tat on your right arm you should be offered on the spot.
I’m just sayin’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom