Class of 2022 - DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24)

Back to hastings, does anyone have an assessment of this kid's capabilities? Obviously, he landed at Alabama originally, but it doesn't sound like he played. Looks like he's tall and 290 lb. Any other scouting reports from the coaches out there?
84" wingspan

As others have said, he was a relative unknown in Canada but when he moved to Clearwater for his senior season, his stick exploded. He got a bunch of offers from the big boys, and was rated as a 4 star player in the top 200 in his class.

He is by all accounts a huge talent.

That sounds incredibly painful.

No wonder he hasn’t seen the field.
:p

We r pounding the portal like we mean it. I’ve been clamoring for this for years. Fran gets it.
Based on Fran’s own comments I don’t think this will be his long term strategy. He probably saw some practices and combined with the change in defense we needed to quickly add guys who fit the scheme that we will run which led to the need to hit the portal. I think he will do exactly what he said and i’m paraphrasing, concentrate on HS recruiting and use the portal to fill immediate needs. He would prefer guys with multiple years of eligibility to instill the culture, but would take a 1 year guy if he’s a potential pro/elite player.

Last edited:
This player has multiple years of eligibility. Would be a great get.
Think Fran has no problem using the portal. Prefers players with multiple years of eligibility left but right now needs to take any player that can elevate the program.

Thinking about our potential DLine rotation next year if we get Hastings...
No Way Smiling GIF by Focus Features

No inside info but I feel good about this. Feels like he doesn't do a lot of social media but from checking Instagram I don't see any pics from other visits besides Cuse. So...idk

Syracuse
Missouri
Illinois
South Carolina
Washington
Cal

….schools being considered

*Alabama plays a 3 man front, 2-gap system predicted on their d linemen holding up blocks and their linebackers making plays.

*They want big guys that eat up blocks rather attacking defensive linemen who penetrate up the field. Their system allows their Edge OLB’s to get sacks/ TFL’s rather than their d linemen.

*Notice no Bama d linemen has been a first round pick since Quinnin Williams in 2019

*Hastings is an up field, penetrating, quick first step defensive linemen who’s best attribute is getting to the Quarterback

Syracuse
Missouri
Illinois
South Carolina
Washington
Cal

*Alabama plays a 3 man front, 2-gap system predicted on their d linemen holding up blocks and their linebackers making plays.

*They want big guys that eat up blocks rather attacking defensive linemen who penetrate up the field. Their system allows their Edge OLB’s to get sacks/ TFL’s rather than their d linemen.

*Notice no Bama d linemen has been a first round pick since Quinnin Williams in 2019

*Hastings is an up field, penetrating, quick first step defensive linemen who’s best attribute is getting to the Quarterback

I would imagine that if we are running the same defense as Georgia does then watching Jalen Carter highlights would be very appealing to Isaiah. This is the same type of thing you said Isaish excels at which would make me very excited as a Syracuse fan.

I would imagine that if we are running the same defense as Georgia does then watching Jalen Carter highlights would be very appealing to Isaiah. This is the same type of thing you said Isaish excels at which would make me very excited as a Syracuse fan.

Yes, I was just going to say something similar...

If we run the UGA defense then all he has to do is look at the last two drafts and see who was selected in the first round from UGA... Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter.

Syracuse
Missouri
Illinois
South Carolina
Washington
Cal

I hope your relative/friend is on board to be a part of something special at ‘Cuse.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a tenth of the talent on our roster compared to Georgia.

Syracuse
Missouri
Illinois
South Carolina
Washington
Cal

Hopefully, your list is in order of preference and he wants his family to get a better chance to see him :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom