Class of 2022 - DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DT Isaiah Hastings (Canada / FL) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/15/24)

He's been in the portal since December 7 and hasn't reported a Cuse offer so I would be surprised at this point.
I think we’re learned first hand that not every kid at a power program who doesn’t play isn’t playing due to being recruited over. Some of them just aren’t capable of playing at the P5 level. Power programs miss in recruit assessment too.

I think we’re learned first hand that not every kid at a power program who doesn’t play isn’t playing due to being recruited over. Some of them just aren’t capable of playing at the P5 level. Power programs miss in recruit assessment too.
Yup

And the fact no one else has scooped him up may be an indicator.

I imagine Raikes and McKinley are ahead of him and who knows who else that we don't know about

Yup

And the fact no one else has scooped him up may be an indicator.

I imagine Raikes and McKinley are ahead of him and who knows who else that we don't know about
Every kid this new staff has retained or landed has been a quality add top to bottom on paper. Even the kids they flipped from Kent St were starting to blow up and were offered by other P5’s late in the recruiting cycle. That’s what you like to see out of lighter recruited kids you flip late. Sometimes you’ll add a flyer kid if you have the space but to close out class with 5 flyers and 6 JUCO’s that were lightly recruited…..

Man you add him and Mazzccua and Parks you've added 3 large dudes who've played at the highest level of college ball. Add Nwokucha to the DL and Adams and you've seriously increased the size of our hippos. I want all 5 of them.

Man you add him and Mazzccua and Parks you've added 3 large dudes who've played at the highest level of college ball. Add Nwokucha to the DL and Adams and you've seriously increased the size of our hippos. I want all 5 of them.
Adams is an OL. Hastings is a DL. So many hippos you’re getting them confused lol :D

You didn't mention the kid I want the most. Travis from Princeton. Add him to your list. Just for me.

He was the top prospect out of Canada in 2021.

Really talented player with lots of eligibility left.

Originally from Ajax (30 minutes north east of Toronto) and only went down to Florida to play for his senior year.

Normally when ambitious Canadian athletes go the US High School route, it’s for 2-3 years.

Since he almost finished high school in Toronto, I would assume he feels more of a pull back close to home than your average “ex-pat” athlete.

Adams is an OL. Hastings is a DL. So many hippos you’re getting them confused lol :D

yup.

Adding Nwokucha and Hastings to the DL we've got would be awesome. Completely retooled look.

Hastings, Wilson, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Watson, Perry, Fuentes are all huge dudes. Talented, athletic big dudes. That’s a solid 7 guys to man the DT position.

Add in Diggs, Jobity, Jaquez, KingJospeh, Lesaine, Simmons and Caden Brown. That’s a solid pass rush. The D-Line is looking real good if we add Hastings and Nwokocha. Might even be a strength of the team lol

Then add Wax, McDonald, Heard, Sparrow, Omopariola, ZMG, Bailey, Jayden Brown, Fatim Diggs, Roon, etc…behind them at linebacker

Clark, Barron, Grant, Gould, Haile at safety

Bellamy, Chestnut, Barnes, Delaine, Jalil Martin, Long Jr at cornerback.

Cornerback is still a little weak. Would like to add one more experienced body there. Other than that. Not many flaws for this defense. A lot of size, and athleticism

Hastings, Wilson, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Watson, Perry, Fuentes are all huge dudes. Talented, athletic big dudes. That’s a solid 7 guys to man the DT position.

Add in Diggs, Jobity, Jaquez, KingJospeh, Lesaine, Simmons and Caden Brown. That’s a solid pass rush. The D-Line is looking real good if we add Hastings and Nwokocha. Might even be a strength of the team lol

Then add Wax, McDonald, Heard, Sparrow, Omopariola, ZMG, Bailey, Jayden Brown, Fatim Diggs, Roon, etc…behind them at linebacker

Cornerback is still a little weak. Would like to add one more experienced body there. Other than that. Not many flaws for this defense. A lot of size, and athleticism
IMO A corner is going to be added at some point whether it be now or after spring ball. They may have missed on a couple targets but I don’t think they are going to panic and take some kid with no other offers etc. I feel like they are still big game hunting and if you’re doing that you don’t panic and you don’t settle unless you absolutely have to and we aren’t even close to that yet

I hear what you're saying, some of these are established guys who have succeeded at the highest level, but some are just names that haven't played at this level, and have a lot to prove. Sometimes a name on the depth chart is just that, a name becauase there is nobody else. We just have to continue what we are doing and try to pick up guys that the staff thinks will improve the roster even if it’s recruiting over someone they aren't comfortable can play at this level.

Last edited: