Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

I know the competition is a question, but I haven't been this excited about a DT video since Harold Brantley's a few years ago (who decommitted to Missou , which still really sucks because he looks like he's going to be really, really good for them).

I just got around to watching his film... wow, just wow.

Aside from what's been noted like how he's dominating and how great his motor is, he's got great field awareness. He diagnoses plays extremely quickly, and takes great angles in pursuit. Seems like teams gameplan for him but cannot fool him. Also love the playing to the whistle which is becoming a trademark of our players.

The one and only critique I have is he doesn't fire off the line, on defense, that quickly. Having seen what our D coaches do in practice I'm sure that would get sorted in a hurry.

This young gent could be an absolute monster for us if he chooses to go that route.

I just got around to watching his film... wow, just wow.

Aside from what's been noted like how he's dominating and how great his motor is, he's got great field awareness. He diagnoses plays extremely quickly, and takes great angles in pursuit. Seems like teams gameplan for him but cannot fool him. Also love the playing to the whistle which is becoming a trademark of our players.

The one and only critique I have is he doesn't fire off the line, on defense, that quickly. Having seen what our D coaches do in practice I'm sure that would get sorted in a hurry.

This young gent could be an absolute monster for us if he chooses to go that route.

Did I say how much I really, really like his video? LOL.

Steven Clark‏@SLClark7250 2m2 minutes ago
Beyond blessed to have received an offer from #Syracuse!! #ThankGod
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f64f.png
1f64c.png
1f44f.png
http://instagram.com/p/vZmlFXBLqd/

Dad when can we expect a commit :)

Don't go all crazy on the guy so that he runs away...

Also Bam, you and Mr. Clark clearly need to have a conversation. I'm sure you can provide Mr. Clark with a significant amount of information and compare recruiting stories about your kids.

I hope that Steven is as excited about our offer as the fans seem to be about him getting one.

Gotta love the fact we are trying to get into the "forgotten guys" of the big recruiting areas.

If his dad likes to trout fish i have three suggestions. Two on stream on both on Skaneateles lake. At the south end of the lake Grout brook is fantastic park at the bridge and fish up or down depending on time of year. Carpenters fall is a solid local spot just ask and in the fall set your line off the point at Lourdes camp.

what about wku?
He didn't really say much about WKU after he visited and while on the visit he tweeted how he can't wait to visit Syracuse. All the talk seems like he's ours to lose.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Steven, myself, his mother, my wife, and all here in our bucolic little town are all extremely excited about this opportunity. Hopefully Coach Bullough has a great day here today.
Congrats on the offer! Would love to have him at the Cuse, but here's hoping he makes a decision that is best for him. (Don't let these knuckleheads drive you nuts on the timing of a decision.)

Are you sure about that?

ETA: Yep, you're sure. Just read something on scowt about it. Hadn't spoken to him today.

There is something hilarious about this comment, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had an opportunity to watch his film and damn that was impressive. I just don't understand how a kid like this doesn't have far more opportunities then he does, especially the part of the country he is from? I am guessing a lot has to do with the school he is currently at, but I still find it odd? Kind of reminds me of Jalen Harvey the kid that committed from Alabama last year. He was an under recruited kid, who went on and dominated at the Alabama-Georgia all star game against SEC OL and DL. Will be interesting to see if Clark made this game, and how he does.

Also, he looks a hell of a lot faster then a 5.31 40yard dash that is listed on his hudl.