Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Freeney was an athletic freak. I thought he ran a 4.39 at 270 lbs at his pro day and the NFL Scouts were shaking their heads. He ran it again and supposedly ran faster.

Freeney was an athletic freak. I thought he ran a 4.39 at 270 lbs at his pro day and the NFL Scouts were shaking their heads. He ran it again and supposedly ran faster.

His combine numbers were 4.48, 266lbs, 28 reps, and 37 inch verticle! Amazing, though not surprising, that he ran quicker at his pro day.

So back to young Mr Clark, his weight room accumen could be the next in a lineage of Orangemen greats. Cuse fans pay attention to, and appreciate, these things. We find an extra notch on the volume dial cheering for guys we know work hard off the field.

His combine numbers were 4.48, 266lbs, 28 reps, and 37 inch verticle! Amazing, though not surprising, that he ran quicker at his pro day.

So back to young Mr Clark, his weight room accumen could be the next in a lineage of Orangemen greats. Cuse fans pay attention to, and appreciate, these things. We find an extra notch on the volume dial cheering for guys we know work hard off the field.

4.48 -- that's what some cornerbacks run.

Freeney ran faster than all but a couple of the WR's at the combine.

Which is the definition of a freak athlete, you take that and put a chip on a guys shoulder and you get a career like Dwight Freeney's

Don't think Steven will ever run anything close to a 4.48 forty. Probably somewhere in the 4.9 - 5.2 range is where he'll remain. I'm pretty sure that he'll squat somewhere above 700 in the next few years, though. He loves power lifting.

Don't think Steven will ever run anything close to a 4.48 forty. Probably somewhere in the 4.9 - 5.2 range is where he'll remain. I'm pretty sure that he'll squat somewhere above 700 in the next few years, though. He loves power lifting.

There are very few reasons a 290 lb man will ever need to run a 40 in his life, and none of them are game related on the football field.

10 yard splits (aka explosion off the line), hand use/placement, low center of gravity, and chance of direction are the important things. If Steven has to run further than 20 yards in a game, something has went horribly wrong elsewhere in the play.

Freeney was freaky-99.9% of top athletes at that size can't do that

There are very few reasons a 290 lb man will ever need to run a 40 in his life, and none of them are game related on the football field.

10 yard splits (aka explosion off the line), hand use/placement, low center of gravity, and chance of direction are the important things. If Steven has to run further than 20 yards in a game, something has went horribly wrong elsewhere in the play.
Or horribly right. Sack, fumble, recovery, off to the end zone!

So, Steven and I are on the couch watching the game, and I happened to remember that he went head-to-head a few years back with a kid that committed to BC.

Steven's first rep (begin - 1:02) is against Zach Stewart, an OG who committed to Tennessee. The second rep (1:03 - 1:53) is against Zach Giella, an OT who committed to Clemson. The final set (1:54 - end) was against Wyatt Knopfke, a OG and OC who's the one committed to BC.

Thought I'd post the vid in case any of y'all are bored during halftime.

Last edited:
So, Steven and I are on the couch watching the game, and I happened to remember that he went head-to-head a few years back with a kid that committed to BC.

Steven's first rep (begin - 1:02) is against Zach Stewart, an OG who committed to Tennessee. The second rep (1:03 - 1:53) is against Zach Giella, an OT who committed to Clemson. The final set (1:54 - end) was against Wyatt Knopfke, a OG and OC who's the one committed to BC.

Thought I'd post the vid in case any of y'all are bored during halftime.
good stuff