Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Maybe, maybe not. Should we put your sneaky suspicion against my womans' intuition and see who wins.;)

Trust me - I think I'd want to lose this one. Unfortunately I just don't see it - hope I'm wrong!

Here's the thing, if I am a kid being recruited by them I'd ask myself, are they genuinely interested in my talents, or is it because it's a week plus from signing day and they only have six commitments? am I simply a warm body, that will potentially be recruited over once the staff has had a full cycle under their belt, and at that point will I even be receiving the coaching I think I deserve if I fall back to 2nd or 3rd string??
Bingo!! Trey asked that many times! And he knew that answer! If he wasn't first choice he wasn't going to be SECOND!!

Bingo!! Trey asked that many times! And he knew that answer! If he wasn't first choice he wasn't going to be SECOND!!
In treys case it might have been easier to determine as these are brand new staffs just figuring out who they want.

OrangeXtreme said:
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 Syracuse DT commit Steven Clark said Ole Miss will visit him tomorrow. Called it "nothing serious." Already considering SU and Florida. Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 No offer or visit invite from Ole Miss yet, Clark said.

Thats kinda good in a way, his head is in a scramble and the only thing thats been consistent and genuine is Syracuse!

Does it matter if they will be there this year or next? Usually there is a reason why a prospect is a MAC/AAC recruit. They are either smaller, or slower, which makes your odds of reaching the NFL less likely.
Trey was recruited by MAC schools in the beginning. It's got to start somewhere! There was a DT at Akron that transferred from Ohio State! You never know what a kids going to turn into at 17-18, some kids don't mature till there in their 20's. Trey is a prime example of that. Too much "cookie cutter" mentality leaves some great kids by the side of the road!! Why you think you see every NFL draft kids from Mac, AAC, D2 and even D3 get picked up and make teams?!?!?!

UF benefits
  • It's UF, better success over the last couple of decades compared to SU
  • SEC
  • Close to home
  • Fan support UF> SU
  • New staff, more likely to be around his career/ HCSS and staff fighting to stick around
  • Like it warm, leathery, retirey with great salt water fishing
I think the first three are HUGE and could possibly sway almost any recruit.
SU benefits
  • Play his desired position
  • Get sooner playing time
  • Much greater chance to not be a career backup/being recruited over
  • Not going to play the ole' Queinten Gause bait and switch trick where they tell him he can play DL and he comes into camp after signing as OL
  • Staff that has been around and are taking kids they want not a staff making last minute raids on kids to fill positions who will more than likely be recruited over (or perceived being recruited over) when they have a full year of recruiting
  • The work Bullough and Daoust have had with their D and putting DL's in the league.
  • Like 6 months of arctic, frozen, bitter, with great fresh water fishing

Both schools can claim that he is going to be part of "rebuilding" a storied program. I am not sure that UF can get back to where they were with the success of UM, MSU, Georgia, Auburn and the effects of FSU, UCF, and FSU. It seems as if UT (gross) could be making a move back into a team that does something in the SEC.

Going to take a legit QB to Syracuse to ever be anything again specially being in the Atlantic. The Defense really kept us in some major games this season and we need to do all we can to keep that group together.

I couldn't fathom having to make such decisions as I have never had the opportunity the Clark's have. All my life I have been a poor boy and had to scrape to drive a hoopty; I have never had to decide between a Lexus and a BMW and can't imagine how stressful that decision would be. Mr. Clark as well as Bam, and Mrs. TD have all being really solid to us fans and I cannot fault any of them making the decisions they will make. I do think that Steven will not find the kind of family at UF as he will at SU.

Last edited:
Trey was recruited by MAC schools in the beginning. It's got to start somewhere! There was a DT at Akron that transferred from Ohio State! You never know what a kids going to turn into at 17-18, some kids don't mature till there in their 20's. Trey is a prime example of that. Too much "cookie cutter" mentality leaves some great kids by the side of the road!! Why you think you see every NFL draft kids from Mac, AAC, D2 and even D3 get picked up and make teams?!?!?!

There are always exceptions, but if you play the odds you are going to lose.

UF benefits
  • It's UF, better success over the last couple of decades compared to SU
  • SEC
  • Close to home
  • New staff, more likely to be around his career/ HCSS and staff fighting to stick around
SU benefits
  • Play his desired position
  • Get sooner playing time
  • Much greater chance to not be a career backup/being recruited over
  • Not going to play the ole' Queinten Gause bait and switch trick where they tell him he can play DL and he comes into camp after signing as OL
  • Staff that has been around and are taking kids they want not a staff making last minute raids on kids to fill positions who will more than likely be recruited over (or perceived being recruited over) when they have a full year of recruiting
  • The work Bullough and Daoust have had with their D and putting DL's in the league.

Both schools can claim that he is going to be part of "rebuilding" a storied program. I am not sure that UF can get back to where they were with the success of UM, MSU, Georgia, Auburn and the effects of FSU, UCF, and FSU. It seems as if UT (gross) could be making a move back into a team that does something in the SEC.

Going to take a legit QB to Syracuse to ever be anything again specially being in the Atlantic. The Defense really kept us in some major games this season and we need to do all we can to keep that group together.
Better fan support at UF given the size of the school etc. works in their favor. Not that we're slouches when the team is doing reasonably well.

What is his intended academic major? That could play a role.

Does weather play a role? Hate to say it.

wrong. a mac player is much better than no player. You can't beat someone with no one. We can hoard ships every year. It won't help us win any games.

You sound like you have your mind make up so, we'll agree to disagree