Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

You sound like you have your mind make up so, we'll agree to disagree
Of course I have my mind made up. This isn't hoop. We have seen a number of our two stars develop in to terrific players (thank God, that seems to be the only type of player we get). It makes zero sense to save ships in football. What makes you think next year will be any different? Get a player and develop him.

If the SUAD is thinking of not giving out all scholies available, please inform them that I want every single one of their resignations on my desk by 10am tomorrow.

Yes, Everyone. From gross right down to the guy cleaning the loo.

Then on Tuesday, I'll want Schaffer and his whole staffs resignation by 10.

I don't care what will happen this year, but that can't go on and we will have to act ASAP.

If the SUAD is thinking of not giving out all scholies available, please inform them that I want every single one of their resignations on my desk by 10am tomorrow.

I don't care what will happen this year, but that can't go on and we will have to act ASAP.

Who is this Schaffer fellow of which you speak.

Are you implying to pocket the 5-7 scholarships that are still open if we don't get anyone at the top of our list?

That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I'd like to know if the 2 stars were given after watching his highlights, or just because all power 5 commits get at least 2 stars? Most Even most of us here recognized how his tape popped more then your average highlights. 3 stars was a give in, and them bumping him only after UF interest is highly suspicious and the reason everyone questions the integrity.

I don't know, I think we get 1.

I hope you're right brother. Would love all three, but I'm just not seeing it. We could really use some good news on the recruiting front.

Are you implying to pocket the 5-7 scholarships that are still open if we don't get anyone at the top of our list?

5-7? More like 4 right now as we are at 21 and you can't take more than 25 per class. That might increase if some don't qualify.

First of all, harsh.
Secondly, not even close to the dumbest thing you or I have ever heard.
I understand both sides of this argument, and believe it not to be as black and white as either of you make it seem.
On one side depth for depth sake. On the other side, reaching for prospects isn't the best strategy, especially with these new guaranteed four year scholarships and all the other stuff (More stipend money, likeness money, etc) the government is granting these kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orange Fizz‏@OrangeFizz 2m2 minutes ago
Clark prefers to play defense. He did tell The Fizz Florida suits him better academically. But the Gators want Clark at center or guard. -BG

I'm surprised Florida didn't tell him what he wanted to hear and them switch him to O-Line when he showed up. We've had that happen before.

Sort of proves the point everyone makes about the ratings.

Apparently the recruiting services don't think that SU is a major offer worth any real consideration. It must be a B1G offer or SEC offer that makes them get the bump.

We are considered Wake Forest, Indiana, Iowa State, etc.

I'm surprised Florida didn't tell him what he wanted to hear and them switch him to O-Line when he showed up. We've had that happen before.
Good. If we're going to lose this one I hope it's fair and square.

I was implying if it was 2 or 3, and give them to preferred walk-ons, and then use the 2 or 3 and use them next class.

Or we could get some kid we haven't even talked to yet 10 days before NSD.

You realize they give walk-ons scholarships every year right? Saving 2 or 3 won't kill you.