Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

I'm a Dad and I'll be ok with my kids going as far away as they want to college. I want them to get out of small town USA and see the country, different people, cultures, climates etc and become independent. I will encourage it. However, not so sure Mom will share the same feeling when the day is here. But I get it, I can certainly understand. Hard for Moms' to let go.

I'm a Dad and I'll be ok with my kids going as far away as they want to college. I want them to get out of small town USA and see the country, different people, cultures, climates etc and become independent. I will encourage it. However, not so sure Mom will share the same feeling when the day is here. But I get it, I can certainly understand. Hard for Moms' to let go.
I as able fortunately to send both my sons away to college and both gee w up in those years. Parental emancipation is critical at that age and being away and responsible for themselves is the best way of accomplishing this process. Military device does the same thing the chances of getting into harms way are increased a great deal. I have two sons who are successful men in their chosen careers. I couldn't ask for more than that. Both are respected. so My wife and I have "done good."

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 34m34 minutes ago
Syracuse DT visitor Steven Clark. RT @SLClark7250: They had a jersey waiting for me
1f60f.png
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png
http://Instagram.com/p/wPRiZUhLhy/

Clark to Visit Syracuse Friday (arab.com; Tankersley)

Brindlee Mountain lineman Steven Clark was, indeed, offered a scholarship when Syracuse defensive coordinator Chuck Bullough visited him two Fridays ago at a Lions’ basketball game.

Clark, who already has made a non-binding verbal commitment to play for Joey Jones’ on-the-rise South Alabama team, will take an official visit to Syracuse next weekend.

He’s non-committal on his plans, but Clark likely feels some pressure to make a splash simply for the sake of his high school program. Having a player sign with a power conference team can only help the image of the Lions’ football program, which needs a boost.

Family members are privately hoping another ACC team like Georgia Tech comes calling eventually. Also, Minnesota of the Big Ten is recruiting Clark but has not made an offer.
I am positive we want Clark no matter how we get him.

But as a message to bcubs, do NOT allow Steven to commit to SU purely because he feels pressure to make a splash for the sake of a HS program that will no longer be helping him decide his future after June. He needs to pick SU (or whoever) because he feels it's the best spot for him, not because it might "raise the profile" of his HS program. That would be a horrific decision for that reason

Last edited:
Guys, we're having a great time =D. Met the coaches, toured the facilities, then went to the hotel. We decided to walk around the campus,to get a feel for the city. So far, we all really love it here. It even snowed a bit =D
Awesome make sure you get over to shirt world by mannys for cuse gear. They have some really good gear for a great price. Though we still seem to drop 500 every visit. Even if you commit else where you can use the bright orange gear for hunting or something

I could be wrong but this might be the most posts by family members of commits that we've had going on, on the board at once.

This is awesome to have. Hopefully the family members of these three stick around throughout their children's careers (assuming of course Steven chooses Orange). Just for the sake of your own sanity, stay out of the game threads (Bam learned this earlier this year).

It was so wrong for fans to think he would not be a professional about the entire demotion situation. Some people do have integrity regardless of what we may think about coaching ability.

I think there was some question because of how he reacted in public to the demotion. I didn't worry about it but I guess I can see why some people did

R v l s is reporting today that young Clark received an offer from and will take an official visit to Army in January.

I keep checking back hoping to see this thread headline updated to read "committed to syracuse".

It was so wrong for fans to think he would not be a professional about the entire demotion situation. Some people do have integrity regardless of what we may think about coaching ability.

The way he reacted publically laid the foundation for people coming up with these types of conclusions. I think he realized he jumped the gun and overreacted, but hopefully he has accepted his new role and sticks around.

I keep checking back hoping to see this thread headline updated to read "committed to syracuse".
I get the sense that the Clark family, no matter how excited (and it appears et are very excited) wouldn't give a commitment until after they go home and have a chance to weigh absolutely everything and discuss somethings. The distance going into this weekend was a huge issue for mom, and no matter how amazed they are this weekend, mom will need time to process and give the OK. Or at least that's my opinion, I have no insight into this family aside from what Bcubs has posted on the board.

But clearly what we have been hearing is hugely pointed in our favor for a commit, eventually.

We need bcubs back on here to give us the Army scoop. But only if you are comfortable doing that of course, bcubs!

I get the sense that the Clark family, no matter how excited (and it appears et are very excited) wouldn't give a commitment until after they go home and have a chance to weigh absolutely everything and discuss somethings. The distance going into this weekend was a huge issue for mom, and no matter how amazed they are this weekend, mom will need time to process and give the OK. Or at least that's my opinion, I have no insight into this family aside from what Bcubs has posted on the board.

But clearly what we have been hearing is hugely pointed in our favor for a commit, eventually.

Oh Im aware of all that from this thread... but still hoping. I love the way our D plays and Mr Clark fits that mold perfectly.