Duke game attendance? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game attendance?

Everyone bought their tickets when they thought jabari parker was carmelo Anthony but he was donte green in Anthony Bennett clothing.

Melo was Donte Green while at SU shooting wise , Melo had a superior supporting cast and much stronger inside game but their stats while at SU were comparable with Donte being a better 3 point shooter despite the volume. Donte with a much greater volume of 3 point shots lowered his overall fg% and Melo with his superior strength and greater willingness to mix it up inside was the better rebounder.

name----games- 2pt fg%----3pt fg% ---total FG %---total FGA --- 2 pt fga---3pt fga----Reb/gm--block---steals
Donte----35----- 49.2%---- 34.5% ---- .418---------- 521 ---------- 261-------260----------7.2--------57------45
Melo----- 35----- 49.1%---- 33.7%----- .453 ----------616-----------450------161-----------10.0------30------55

Wonder how Melo would have done switching - Edelin, Hakim, Forth, GMac, Pace, Duany and O'Neil for frosh Flynn, Soph Harris, frosh Rick Jackson, frosh Scoop, junior Ongenaet, and junior Arinze. Remember junior Rautins had an injury redshirt and Devendorf (who was averaging 17 points/game) was out injured after 10 games in Donte's freshman year. Wonder what our NC team would have done if GMac didn't play and Melo was forced to be a major outside threat like Green was. I often thought the vehemence towards Green was misplaced but never did the work before this to see if looking at the facts and stats it could be true.

Well said Handz, it's the biggest and most hyped game that i can think of in a long time. Also think that Duke will be the toughest team that we play in the regular season. So by no means should anybody rule them out
Bilas loves Cuse. Not sure where you are getting that opinion from

Melo was Donte Green while at SU shooting wise , Melo had a superior supporting cast and much stronger inside game but their stats while at SU were comparable with Donte being a better 3 point shooter despite the volume. Donte with a much greater volume of 3 point shots lowered his overall fg% and Melo with his superior strength and greater willingness to mix it up inside was the better rebounder.

name----games- 2pt fg%----3pt fg% ---total FG %---total FGA --- 2 pt fga---3pt fga----Reb/gm--block---steals
Donte----35----- 49.2%---- 34.5% ---- .418---------- 521 ---------- 261-------260----------7.2--------57------45
Melo----- 35----- 49.1%---- 33.7%----- .453 ----------616-----------450------161-----------10.0------30------55

Wonder how Melo would have done switching - Edelin, Hakim, Forth, GMac, Pace, Duany and O'Neil for frosh Flynn, Soph Harris, frosh Rick Jackson, frosh Scoop, junior Ongenaet, and junior Arinze. Remember junior Rautins had an injury redshirt and Devendorf (who was averaging 17 points/game) was out injured after 10 games in Donte's freshman year. Wonder what our NC team would have done if GMac didn't play and Melo was forced to be a major outside threat like Green was. I often thought the vehemence towards Green was misplaced but never did the work before this to see if looking at the facts and stats it could be true.
Oh I didn't mean to make a crack at green's expense. Just that melo is one of a kind. Jabari, and green are great but not at that level.

How do you know Jabari isnt at that level? He's putting up the same if not better numbers Durant did

How do you know Jabari isnt at that level? He's putting up the same if not better numbers Durant did
Andy - you're making a goof of yourself. You have no clue about Bilas - you're the only one making an argument about him being negative about SU. And Kevin Durant definitely put up better numbers than Jabari - internet search is your friend:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66562/jabari-parker

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/kevin-durant-1.html

Should be comparable with High Point. Nice crowd. Maybe a few walk-ups late.

Should be comparable with High Point. Nice crowd. Maybe a few walk-ups late.

Wanna go to high point and sig it up? Lol. I mentioned that before...

Bogus - Bilas always has very positive things to say about Syracuse.
True - Bilas has always had very positive things to say about Syracuse and JB in particular. Does he occasionally offer some criticism, yes, but only if it's warranted and the positives outweigh those by about a million to one.

i don't get that at all? one im a Cuse fan and Jabari is the real deal. way better than Donte and Bennett? also i dont think Cuse fans bought their tickets based on Jabari Parker?
You do know what question marks are for. Right?

Once called valley-speak, now it's called up-talking...

whens the last time we've played Duke in the dome? its kind of a big deal no matter what the records are. since every Syracuse fan despises everything Duke and their fans are the worst!
Andy, how old are you. I don't despise anything about Duke. Several of my best friends are Duke fans; they are all good people. I admire Duke's academics. I love their campus. I respect what Coach K has done there, and I respect what he has done for US Olympic basketball. And I love him for being the first (and for a while the ONLY) national figure to speak out in JB's defense during the early days of the Bernie Fine mess. Sure, I want SU to beat Duke. I want SU to beat EVERYONE. But I don't "despise" them any more than I despise Eastern Michigan. And I don't despise Eastern Michigan at all.

And, ps, Jay Bilas and Jim Boeheim are very close friends. He has frequently hosted the Boeheim Foundation's gala. As has Coach K, by the way.

Last edited:
1) Bilas is the best in the business. He likes Cuse and JB and fairly evaluates us and all other teams.
2) I have horrible tickets for the Duke game and wouldn't sell them for anything (well OK, maybe $20K). I just want to be in the Dome for this historic game. Not only is it our first season in the ACC against the team that defines the ACC, but it is against a very good Duke team. I am not fooled by a few losses they suffered. They are still good and dangerous. Further, it is the 2 winningest coaches in college hoops. Historic.
3) I don't hate Duke. I used to hate Duke during the Laettner years and for many years after that, but since the mid 2000's, they have not had any unlikeable players (exception to the rule: Austin Rivers). I have come to respect Coach K and what he has done. I might even say I like Duke now.
4) I am open to trading my section 336 tickets for anything in the 100's. :)

Speaking of attendance at the Duke game, I'm a 1975 grad, live in St. Louis, and made airline and hotel reservations 5 minutes after the game date was set. I try and go see the cuse whenever they play in midwest (and occasionally on the east coast) but was not going to miss this game for anything. Now if I only had game tickets!!!! I'be been watching stubhub for the last month or so and will finally bite the bullet sometime this week for some pretty good seats at somewhat crazy prices. Cuse (and electic guitars) are just about my only vices!

While slightly disappointing that Duke is underwhelming this season, this is still a big matchup worth the record crowd. The reason being simply that this is the first Coach K vs. Boeheim ACC matchup in the Dome. LGO!

I only dislike Duke because they win too much. That, and they historically have flopped too much. That, and they seem to get lots of calls. And that they've had more than their share of unlikable players.

So I guess there's a handful of reasons that are mostly about jealousy.

This guy's giving me a bad name, I'll be sitting in the lower level like I am for every game. :D:D

orange79 said:
Bilas loves him some Cuse. He also loves JB. If he hadn't gone to Duke, he was orange.

From bilas on the wing to Carmelo/hak/fair/grant...and peeps wonder why JB has had a career resurgence...

I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect, but I could care less at this point. Just like last week when I was watching the UNC game, the announcers spent too much time talking about the Duke game, showing Beat Duke t-shirts, etc. when the only thing that should have been being discussed was the game and opponent in the present, UNC.

Here is what I care about, how many people are coming to the PITT game? This game is a big deal. Call PITT clutch and grab or whatever all you want. Jamie Dixon has a knack at solving the zone regardless of the talent he has or the strategy he uses. I'll say it again, this game is a big deal. A home game, against an old rival, winner has the ACC lead outright. Also, in essence, it's a Big East game and man do I miss the Big East. I'm gettin' fired up and it's only Wednesday...
Worthy of 10 "Likes."

Even if Duke was as good as the pre-season expectations...this would still just be a game against another top team.
Enough with the Duke fetish and those pathetic shirts...as if a win over Duke is the be all and end all of basketball.
We're not UNC (thankfully).

I'm with you...I really miss the BE.
Wish this was UConn or G-town coming in.
Man, do I wish it was G-town.

ACC or no ACC.....I LOOOOAAAATHE G-TOWN.
Just the thought of them gets my blood boiling.
Get them on the next schedule!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom