Duke & Kentucky Drop Out of CBS Sports Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Duke & Kentucky Drop Out of CBS Sports Top 25

I am more surprised that UK is not in the top 25 (bssed on my preseason expectations). I thought that a returning core of Ulis, Poythress, Lee would be good by UK standards. I saw Jamal Murray play a lot of international ball with Canada this summer and he is great. Skai Labissiere I thought would fit well but he has not been good.

Also, this is only one vote in the AP -- I suspect both will be in the 20's in the top 25 which is not unreasonable.

As for Parrish's top 25
1) How exactly is a 5 loss Notre Dame a top 25 school? Based on beating a team that is no longer in the top 25? Seems a little strange to me.

2) Also, Providence should no longer be top 15. KP has said all season they were overranked by the polls, and I was viewing as more a KP aberration and that they were legit(Kris Dunn helps with that). But 2 of their past 3 games have been losses to a poor Marquette team, and getting beat by Seton Hall at home.

That means they're just another ordinary team for the Orange to beat.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...the-cbs-sports-top-25-and-one?FTAG=YHF7e3228e
43b42630fe6bc58fd233f6b0f7fe2b9e.jpg

I am more surprised that UK is not in the top 25 (bssed on my preseason expectations). I thought that a returning core of Ulis, Poythress, Lee would be good by UK standards. I saw Jamal Murray play a lot of international ball with Canada this summer and he is great. Skai Labissiere I thought would fit well but he has not been good.

Also, this is only one vote in the AP -- I suspect both will be in the 20's in the top 25 which is not unreasonable.

As for Parrish's top 25
1) How exactly is a 5 loss Notre Dame a top 25 school? Based on beating a team that is no longer in the top 25? Seems a little strange to me.

2) Also, Providence should no longer be top 15. KP has said all season they were overranked by the polls, and I was viewing as more a KP aberration and that they were legit(Kris Dunn helps with that). But 2 of their past 3 games have been losses to a poor Marquette team, and getting beat by Seton Hall at home.
As a friar hater -I know it seems pointless but I can't help it- I especially love seeing them below us in kenpom. Their once in a generation team is still worse than a team many of us would consider among our weakest in a generation.

I've heard too many PC fans give to the teams who left for ruining the big east. Meanwhile it's unquestionably been the best thing to happen to PC since Pitino left a million years ago.

Well, it's just the CBS rankings. Not like they actually count for anything.
Agree. Just saying that I don't think anyone would have expected both to be out of the top 25 in anyone's poll at this time.

Parrish is a moron, how does one loss knock you out of the top 25 when you are ranked 9th?

What do the AP and coaches poll count for?
They're actual polls, collecting votes from multiple media members (AP) and coaches (USA Today/ESPN). CBS top 25 is just Gary Parrish's own personal fantasy poll.

They're actual polls, collecting votes from multiple media members (AP) and coaches (USA Today/ESPN). CBS top 25 is just Gary Parrish's own personal fantasy poll.
Correct. That's why Parrish's poll is always more accurate, IMO. He's actually willing to move teams with some velocity when merited. He pays closer attention than most, hence his "poll attack" stuff

Correct. That's why Parrish's poll is always more accurate, IMO. He's actually willing to move teams with some velocity when merited. He pays closer attention than most, hence his "poll attack" stuff
But the definition of a poll is tracking the vote/opinion of multiple persons. Unless Parrish is tracking is multiple personalities and awarding them each a vote, it's not a poll. If it's not a poll (or some unbiased computer ranking methodology) than it's not a credible ranking system.

He reacts to things more quickly -- so if done properly it would be accurate. But it hardly means everything is accurate. After Providence lost to Marquette at home and Seton Hall at home, they have no business in the top 15. So he reacts quickly to some but not for others.

Duke and UK come in at #20 and #23 in the actual AP Poll. I think they are not that unreasonable rankings. #20 to#30 is pretty close. And the teams that Parish had to bring in to take them out (Notre Dame and Wichita St) both had more losses.

I ranted about Providence a bit yesterday but they remain at #16. in the poll.

It's actually really hard to believe that both Kentucky and Duke are not atop the polls considering the fact that Duke and Kentucky have had the # 1 and 2 recruiting classes for pretty much the last 3 to 4 years.

If that happened around here you could be certain that there would be a huge contingent with torches and pitchforks calling for JB's head on a platter. What he does with what he gets to work with is nothing short of remarkable in my opinion.

Well, it's just the CBS rankings. Not like they actually count for anything.

The other ones don't matter either. That's what great about college hoops.

It's actually really hard to believe that both Kentucky and Duke are not atop the polls considering the fact that Duke and Kentucky have had the # 1 and 2 recruiting classes for pretty much the last 3 to 4 years.

If that happened around here you could be certain that there would be a huge contingent with torches and pitchforks calling for JB's head on a platter. What he does with what he gets to work with is nothing short of remarkable in my opinion.
I'm sure there are people melting down over these developments on message boards and call-in shows somewhere...