Duke | Syracusefan.com

Duke

durhamcuse

Walk On
My Duke team has played nobody, but they look good, deep, and cohesive this early in the season. Denver matchup coming up next will tell a lot more.

Well, Duke is 3-0, having beaten AF, High Pt, and Jax in 10 days.

The post is kind of odd, though. Duke tends to sleepwalk through the early part of their schedule, so “good” and “cohesive” don’t sound right in describing Devils lacrosse in February.

The post is kind of odd, though. Duke tends to sleepwalk through the early part of their schedule, so “good” and “cohesive” don’t sound right in describing Devils lacrosse in February.
This is why I posted this comment. Opponents beware. This is not your typical Duke team. They are playing in mid-season form already. Weakness is face-off, but they’re getting better. Overwhelming strength, unlike in very recent years, is midfield talent and depth. Close D is another big strength, and goalie is looking good with a two-headed monster. But, I bore you, talking Duke lacrosse.

This is why I posted this comment. Opponents beware. This is not your typical Duke team. They are playing in mid-season form already. Weakness is face-off, but they’re getting better. Overwhelming strength, unlike in very recent years, is midfield talent and depth. Close D is another big strength, and goalie is looking good with a two-headed monster. But, I bore you, talking Duke lacrosse.

Hoping this means they peaked early. :cool:

AFA had several of their best players missing, High Point and Jacksonville are not exactly murderer's row. Id hold off canceling the season to crown them

AFA had several of their best players missing, High Point and Jacksonville are not exactly murderer's row. Id hold off canceling the season to crown them
I agree. I’ve been a fan of the game since the early 80s. I’ve seen a lot of college teams. I was a fan of Cornell Lacrosse when I went to Ithaca High School and then Cornell. Moved to Durham in 1989 and grew to be a big fan. I really like Coach Danowski. I digress.

I’ve seen early seasons for Cornell, Syracuse, and Duke. Some times you can tell when it’s all clicking. Too early, even with the Denver win, to tell, but I stand by my assessment that this team is very good and destined for greatness. Face offs still suck, but Duke wins the ground ball battles and forces turnovers.

Duke played well but Denver lost this game in my opinion! They made key mistakes (which is unusual for a Tierney team) by young players!

Given Duke are playing well and look strong but the Defence got exposed for the first time this year!

Still early and great observation by creators game above that Duke usually start slow and improve, do they have the depth and passion to finish out the season! Guterding is currently carrying the team on his back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom