Dungey | Syracusefan.com

Dungey

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
image.png

TCU: 8-0
Cal: 5-3
Houston: 8-0
Clemson: 8-0
WSU: 5-3
Baylor: 7-0
Syracuse: 3-5

It scares me thinking about what we would look like without Dungey out there.

My fear is we waste this kid's ability due to ineptitude elsewhere on the field and more importantly, on the sidelines.

Perceptiosna re interesting. Most people think we have a good offense and it's too bad we have a lousy defense.

But we are 115th in total offense:
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

And 87th in total defense:
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2

The issues now are the issues all year.

1. Defense can't get off the field.

2. Lester and the kids are still finding out what works and what doesn't

3. Not enough plays on offense.

Not sure why having the same thing that happens all the time against FSU occur again would tip the scales.

TCU: 8-0
Cal: 5-3
Houston: 8-0
Clemson: 8-0
WSU: 5-3
Baylor: 7-0
Syracuse: 3-5

It scares me thinking about what we would look like without Dungey out there.

My fear is we waste this kid's ability due to ineptitude elsewhere on the field and more importantly, on the sidelines.
Yikes and I do mean YIKES!!

Bit of a nitpick but I think I'd feel better about that stat if it was 2 passing TD's in every game this year. FSU's 2TDs were both rushing.

It's great he's mobile and excellent at scrambling for yards but IMO, passing TDs have more value for this team because it reflects that Dungey is developing as a passer and the WR's are also playing well.

In seven games (and yes, that includes the CMU game), he's passed over 200 yards three times.
Against FSU, he had 120.
Like I said, it's a great stat but it seems a little deceiving.

The issues now are the issues all year.

1. Defense can't get off the field.

2. Lester and the kids are still finding out what works and what doesn't

3. Not enough plays on offense.

Not sure why having the same thing that happens all the time against FSU occur again would tip the scales.

Not enough plays on offense because we can't get the defense off the field, or not enough plays on offense because we score too damn fast?

Not enough plays on offense because we can't get the defense off the field, or not enough plays on offense because we score too damn fast?
even if you throw out the bad defense and the shortage of first downs, SU has a very slow offense. somewhere in the hundreds, i haven't updated it for this week but they're really slow

Congrats folks. You were able to take a small positive FYI about our freshman QB and turn it into another critique of the offense, the coaches etc. The other 99 threads aren't enough?

Congrats folks. You were able to take a small positive FYI about our freshman QB and turn it into another critique of the offense, the coaches etc. The other 99 threads aren't enough?
I for one have enjoyed the beating of the dead horse beyond all recognition that is in fact a dead horse.

nope.

Fire SS, all day...all the time.

When I saw it, the first thing I thought was too bad those are the only 2 offensive TDs we score in a game.

I guess that's how a lot of fans of 3-5 teams on 5 game losing streaks think.

Come on Bees. People are frustrated. You can't fault passion. I'm a few steps from indifference to be honest with you.

Unless they fire Shafer and he transfers to Oregon.
if oregon wants him, i'd be worried about him leaving anyway. he's not going to give up a third of his future eligibility out of spite

Bit of a nitpick but I think I'd feel better about that stat if it was 2 passing TD's in every game this year. FSU's 2TDs were both rushing.

It's great he's mobile and excellent at scrambling for yards but IMO, passing TDs have more value for this team because it reflects that Dungey is developing as a passer and the WR's are also playing well.

Can't pass if the line plays like Swiss cheese.

When I saw it, the first thing I thought was too bad those are the only 2 offensive TDs we score in a game.

I guess that's how a lot of fans of 3-5 teams on 5 game losing streaks think.
don't forget the 15 years of irrelevance...

if oregon wants him, i'd be worried about him leaving anyway. he's not going to give up a third of his future eligibility out of spite

If I'm Oregon I'm pretty sure I'd want him. But then again, I probably have someone redshirting this year that is just as good or could find someone just as good that would be eligible right away without having to sit out a year.

We are 64th in scoring offense and, to me, that is what matters.

How do we rank when we exclude defensive and special teams scores?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom