Dungy just threw Babers under the bus. | Syracusefan.com

Dungy just threw Babers under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWC75

Bored Historian
On the FM 97.7 post game show with Brian Higgins, they always talk by phone with Dungey and he went full in on the early success being due to Shafer recruits and was disgusted by "players laughing and joking on the sideline when you're down 30". He apologized for "going off" but said he couldn't hold it back.

On the FM 97.7 post game show with Brian Higgins, they always talk by phone with Dungey and he went full in on the early success being due to Shafer recruits and was disgusted by "players laughing and joking on the sideline when you're down 30". He apologized for "going off" but said he couldn't hold it back and hung up.

yea Dungey pulled no punches at all. He's really annoyed.

I've been saying this for years. Dino owes Dungey and Shafer millions at this point. He won with the other guys players on offense. That's a fact. The offense has been a dumpster fire since Shafer's/Lester's recruits graduated. Fact

On the FM 97.7 post game show with Brian Higgins, they always talk by phone with Dungey and he went full in on the early success being due to Shafer recruits and was disgusted by "players laughing and joking on the sideline when you're down 30". He apologized for "going off" but said he couldn't hold it back.
Yeah, good, no-brainer, as I have been saying, he should be fired not so much for his lack of technical skills, but the lack of discipline, penalties, stupid decisions, the lack of fire, not fighting back looking like a stone on the sideline just taking it, and especially The ridiculous posturing and preening on routine plays with regularity by his team, especially when they’re getting their arses kicked

Last edited:
I called in to say that I thought our offensive line and defensive backfield are probably the two most important units on any team and ours have declined rather than improved as the season has gone along. Eric said that it looked as if our defensive backfield was playing offensive line and our offensive lineman were paying in the defensive backfield! :mad::confused:

Good for Dungey! He is just stating the obvious. Dino has lost this team and needs to be relieved of his duties. Nice guy , but cant make in game adjustments and is probably one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen in terms of time and game management.

I'm not sure what he expects from the players-Dino was downright jolly in the PC after getting blown out in the previous game

It is the truth though, you have to give Shaf most of the credit. Those were mostly his guys. At least the biggest pieces were.

It is the truth though, you have to give Shaf most of the credit. Those were mostly his guys. At least the biggest pieces were.
Exactly.

Dungey
Strickland
Neal
Custis
3/5 starting OL

All Shafer recruits. And that's just the 10 win squad. The two seasons before that the offense was on fire with other guys like Ishmael, Erv, Estime, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom