Dungy just threw Babers under the bus. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungy just threw Babers under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what Eric is going these days, but if he was interested in being part of a program, my gawd, Syracuse would be VERY wise to employ him and allow him to work in the area of player development. His energy and commitment would be absolutely huge to other guys.

Going to side with this desire to win over punting on 4th and one from the opponents 40 all day, every day!

Last edited:
I remember being in the stands in Orlando after the bowl win, and one segment of fans was chanting “Eric Dungey,” while the other was shouting “Dino Babers.”

Even at the time, it was pretty clear that the Dungey voices were the ones who understood what had happened.

Is it surprising that a kid who was given a chance by one coach to play major division 1 football would back that coach? Shafer was hired as a continuation to Marrone and after the first bowl season the teams went off a cliff and were trending in the wrong direction. I guess those players in years 2/3 were Marrone’s choices but Shafer was there and part of the recruitment of some of the players. He also took the job with an understanding of what talent was on the team. So when you are an internal candidate you are given less time to build something different.

Two of the worst seasons in retrospect for Syracuse football were 2001 and 2018. 2001, Freeney carried a 6-6 caliber team to a 10-3 season which bought Coach P extra time than he otherwise would not have had - and led to GRob. 2018 Eric led to Babers getting a contract where Syracuse couldn’t afford to fire him - which has allowed him to destroy the program. Again.

(I kinda wonder if Babers plan was to win quick at Syracuse so he could get a big job elsewhere; when that didn’t happen he took the bag here and has just coasted since 2018. He’s behaved so differently since that season, something changed…he’s definitely quit long before he’ll actually get fired).

I earlier this year said I believe Shrader is better than dungey. I was so wrong. I appreciate Dungey so much after what I’ve witnessed thee last 4. Dungey was a team role model, he had fire and grit. He would have been walking up and down that sideline firing everyone up. Dungey would have been throwing flying knee kicks, getting in the others team face after he lowered his shoulder, and doing everything possible to win. Shrader is just “meh”. Where the hell is his fire from last year? Did his legs get replaced recently? Why is he so slow? What is going on with him? Get him off the field. Put in someone else for the love of god. Not saying he is the reason we are losing like this no, but set an example. Our leader is not leading. CDRW seems like a child. Laughing all the time, doesn’t have “it” to me.

Listening to post game, it appears Dungey on the couch has more emotion and fire then our whole team.

Dungey is a legend. I will never anoint someone as “better” than him ever again until I see a whole season of leadership and ability. I personally loved Dungey was a massive fan and I actually took him for granted I think. Dungey, thanks for giving us a great final season and being an amazing person and alumni. You are beyond missed by Cuse12. We need players like him again.

Its not mystery whats happening.

A proud Alumni who’s still involved is disgusted by a lame duck coach?

At least Dungey’s still vocal.

We’re doing irreparable damage to our program right now…

Again.

Everyday that Dino is still the coach is a day wasted for the current team and a day wasted for the future of the program. Act like a serious P5 athletic department for once. Please.

We have a national tv game at home next week and are going to get embarrassed by a northeast school in front of 15k. Change the narrative from being a joke of a football program to one that at least cares enough to do what obviously needs to be done.

Last edited:
I earlier this year said I believe Shrader is better than dungey. I was so wrong. I appreciate Dungey so much after what I’ve witnessed thee last 4. Dungey was a team role model, he had fire and grit. He would have been walking up and down that sideline firing everyone up. Dungey would have been throwing flying knee kicks, getting in the others team face after he lowered his shoulder, and doing everything possible to win. Shrader is just “meh”. Where the hell is his fire from last year? Did his legs get replaced recently? Why is he so slow? What is going on with him? Get him off the field. Put in someone else for the love of god. Not saying he is the reason we are losing like this no, but set an example. Our leader is not leading. CDRW seems like a child. Laughing all the time, doesn’t have “it” to me.

Listening to post game, it appears Dungey on the couch has more emotion and fire then our whole team.

Dungey is a legend. I will never anoint someone as “better” than him ever again until I see a whole season of leadership and ability. I personally loved Dungey was a massive fan and I actually took him for granted I think. Dungey, thanks for giving us a great final season and being an amazing person and alumni. You are beyond missed by Cuse12. We need players like him again.
Shrader is dealing with cracked ribs or something. he's running so tentatively that he's not the same human being. It's incredible how diff he looks from august to nov each season.

I like GS and will always appreciate the effort but he's a beat up man

Everyday that Dino is still the coach is a day wasted for the current team and a day wasted for the future of the program. Act like a serious P5 athletic department for once. Please.

We have a national tv game at home next week and are are going to get embarrassed by a northeast school in front of 15k. Change the narrative from being a joke of a football program to one that at least cares enough to do what obviously needs to be done.
It won’t happen. The university doesn’t care about football or basketball. All they care about is the check they get from the acc. They won’t make a move till Dino’s contract is over. Then they will cheap out on another coach. The history is there look at every choice they make.

Shrader is dealing with cracked ribs or something. he's running so tentatively that he's not the same human being. It's incredible how diff he looks from august to nov each season.

I like GS and will always appreciate the effort but he's a beat up man

I hesitate to call out any player, let alone QBs who have come under fire like Robinson, Devito, and Shrader. Those kids took a ton of hits for the Program.

It won’t happen. The university doesn’t care about football or basketball. All they care about is the check they get from the acc. They won’t make a move till Dino’s contract is over. Then they will cheap out on another coach. The history is there look at every choice they make.
This is fine by me if they get the academic reputation of the school back but that’s not improving either.

And because they just cashed checks and didn't invest in the program to keep pace with peers, when the next round of realignment happens we're left out from a big boy league the big checks stop.

Except for the hundreds of millions spent in facilities. If they truly wanted to do that, they wouldn’t be making some of these decisions. I don’t buy it. We’re building a new football only operations center and a new weightlifting facility. It’s not consistent with that. They may not want to compete for a National Title but they can’t give up on football with what they’re spending. That would be even dumber.

And because they just cashed checks and didn't invest in the program to keep pace with peers, when the next round of realignment happens we're left out from a big boy league the big checks stop.
Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors