Ed Cooley and Providence | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley and Providence

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Providence gets a late three to hold off Xavier who came back to tie the game. PC now 17-2 which is their best start since the 70's (I assume Ernie D/Marvin Barnes era).

Ed Cooley-get ready to back up the U-Haul next to the Brinks truck. You deserve it.

Providence gets a late three to hold off Xavier who came back to tie the game. PC now 17-2 which is their best start since the 70's (I assume Ernie D/Marvin Barnes era).

Ed Cooley-get ready to back up the U-Haul next to the Brinks truck. You deserve it.

I would love for Cuse to go after him but I think Maryland should pursue him as well.

Sounds like he has a special connection to Providence like JB does Cuse. I hope he stays but he'd be awesome at Cuse.

They’ve played a weak schedule, so their record is a bit inflated.

That's pretty impressive, especially when you consider the coaches they've had since the 1970s. Pitino, Barnes, Gillen. That's a good crew.

Woody doesn’t play. Carey and Braswell play but barely.

Q and Kadary both play but have seemed to regressed compared to last year

My H0T Takes: Goodine and Carey could never play. Carey was really fast though.

Quincy and Kadary can definitely play.

Woody showed signs that he might be able to play.

Bras was a role player and was in a good role here. Wish he stayed.

Kadary was also a great fit for how we play.

I don't think Cooley would leave Providence for Cuse. He grew up there and has a special connection with the city.
Super tough to win consistently at Providence. There’s a ceiling to that program. He’s a great coach. I would think he’d jump at the chance to coach at Syracuse.

Super tough to win consistently at Providence. There’s a ceiling to that program. He’s a great coach. I would think he’d jump at the chance to coach at Syracuse.

Yeah and he is only 52. Easily a good 10-15 years of coaching in him.

Someone mentioned, I think cto, that he is very happy where he is and his wife is a local police officer there. Some guys are happy where they are, just like our current coach was/is. I’m sure JB had big opportunities to go other places early in his career that would’ve been viewed as upgrades including the nba.

Someone mentioned, I think cto, that he is very happy where he is and his wife is a local police officer there. Some guys are happy where they are, just like our current coach was/is. I’m sure JB had big opportunities to go other places early in his career that would’ve been viewed as upgrades including the nba.
He was offered by Ohio St about 25 years ago.

I watched the game and am again struck by how much more athletic the players in the BE seem as compared to the ACC (not just our team which ...well we know what that level is).

I've live in Rhode Island just outside Providence for over 30 years. More than once Cooley said Providence is the only job for him. Providence is really good because of the transfers coming to a small school with limited diversity and and student body that's 60% female. Clearly, Cooley sells a great league, good facilities thanks to a great AD, and place with limited distractions. He clearly can recruit and that won't change so Providence will continue to be good in a strong league. I never thought I would see Providence with substantially better players than Syracuse. But that's the norm now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom