Ed Cooley and Providence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley and Providence

I will tell you this, he is and will be a candidate for the job. Whether he chooses to take on a new challenge is yet to be seen because no one in America has it better than him, but he is going to be considered. I know that for a fact

Oh boy now that would be something.

Would be hard to beat that option if it was real, not to mention the kind of guy who would get the respect from former players too.

I've live in Rhode Island just outside Providence for over 30 years. More than once Cooley said Providence is the only job for him. Providence is really good because of the transfers coming to a small school with limited diversity and and student body that's 60% female. Clearly, Cooley sells a great league, good facilities thanks to a great AD, and place with limited distractions. He clearly can recruit and that won't change so Providence will continue to be good in a strong league. I never thought I would see Providence with substantially better players than Syracuse. But that's the norm now.
Put them in the ACC and their recruiting would tank.

I will tell you this, he is and will be a candidate for the job. Whether he chooses to take on a new challenge is yet to be seen because no one in America has it better than him, but he is going to be considered. I know that for a fact
If that were to ever happen we need to make sure he and Matt Park have an uber every week for the coaches show.

If we can't play in the tourney, they're on a shortlist of teams I wouldn't mind winning it all.

I agree. I always liked Providence and Cooley is a class individual. Cooley is only 1-4 in the NCAA’s and it would be great to see them go deep.

Cuse!

Wow. Fantastic, I posted on here about wanting Mark Few or Oates as our coach and was roasted like Dean Martin about his drinking. Great news.

My favorite beer store is in Gaithersburg.
Beer store? What is this magical land you speak of?
giphy.gif

T
I agree. I always liked Providence and Cooley is a class individual. Cooley is only 1-4 in the NCAA’s and it would be great to see them go deep.

Cuse!
This is his best team. If he's going to make that deep run it will be this year.

Why consider Mark Few, when we have the formidable Red / GMac tandem standing in his way?

Providence’s shot selection leaves a lot to be desired. Very undisciplined at times. They play hard but foul way too much.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom