either wrong tempo or wrong line up(At times) | Syracusefan.com

either wrong tempo or wrong line up(At times)

20Plus

Play small with Cooney you got to play faster. Not just about coney we have the worst center in the ACC

otherwise alittle rotating Cooney Malachi and Mike as you're backcourt (just at times don't get excited)and go big upfront help rebounding and interior defense.

Trevor two of eight no assist no rebounds is the definition of one-dimensional.

20Plus said:
Play small with Cooney you got to play faster. Not just about coney we have the worst center in the ACC otherwise alittle rotating Cooney Malachi and Mike as you're backcourt (just at times don't get excited)and go big upfront help rebounding and interior defense. Trevor two of eight no assist no rebounds is the definition of one-dimensional.

Stat line I saw had Cooney with 2 asts 1 reb. His last two 3's were chucks in the last 30 seconds.

I wouldn't mind at times just because I think G is a better rebounder down low in the zone than anyone not named Roberson - at least to the extent he's more aggressive. Only Roberson goes after the ball with more gusto. Not sure how much that hurts us up top - or what to do with the rotation. You would have to go with a weird lineup to keep Mal on the floor - and tonight you had to have him on the floor.

We have a lot of issues down low, and the biggest ones probably don't get addressed by moving G down though. So, who knows...

Howard / Mal?

Howard / Cooney?

Joseph all by himself!

No clue if I want to roll the dice on that for too many minutes or not. At least we have a legit PG up top - Howard looked good tonight after some struggles against Duke. Slipped in a nice pass to Roberson that he failed to connect on, and had a nice drive where he drew in Richardson's defender and hit him for an open three. Wish he could have dropped that three that rolled in and out though.

We've been decent of late though, so I'm sure JB isn't in the mood to tinker with the rotation too much.

The line up I'm suggesting is Mike, Malachi, Roberson, DC, Tyler L

Would help rebounded and interior defense. Which oh by the way was the main topic of the press conference. This does not mean only Trevor minutes would get reduced. it means you rotate a few less minutes for Malachi, a few lessons for Cooney,and a few less minutes for Mike and you keep your big lineup in the back pending on the match up and fouls and rest

Stat line I saw had Cooney with 2 asts 1 reb. His last two 3's were chucks in the last 30 seconds.
3/13 ir even 3/11 like you say is all that needs to be said.

20Plus said:
3/13 ir even 3/11 like you say is all that needs to be said.

Was correcting the stats you have for assts, Rebs and 3's.

The line up I'm suggesting is Mike, Malachi, Roberson, DC, Tyler L

Would help rebounded and interior defense. Which oh by the way was the main topic of the press conference. This does not mean only Trevor minutes would get reduced. it means you rotate a few less minutes for Malachi, a few lessons for Cooney,and a few less minutes for Mike and you keep your big lineup in the back pending on the match up and fouls and rest

And without Cooney in ACC play we probably don't have one win. Better check the numbers before you leave out one of our best ACC performers out of the picture.

tbonezone said:
three bells .cooney defense league forming a circle.

Shot wasn't on tonight like it was when he won 2 or 3 ACC games recently.

london perrantes currently leads the league in 3 pt %. cooney is a respectable 29th.

tbonezone said:
london perrantes currently leads the league in 3 pt %. cooney is a respectable 29th.

I believe Cooney was top 10 in conference. And what does it have to do with him being the key to 2-3 ACC wins?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom