Elephant in the room time | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Elephant in the room time

You also need to make the Tourney and have success there.

Guys can see Gillon and White put up numbers and play 40 minutes, but if we're NIT bound, it probably won't have a huge impact. Grad transfers who go to big name schools want to play AND also experience the postseason.

If it was about grad transers and one and dones Nova wouldn't be as good as they have been the last 3 years. What's so bad about the 4 year player model?

Exactly, guys.

Every high level recruit SU has had for the last 10 years has been 1 and done.
Dion Waiters stayed 2 years.
Michael Carter-Williams stayed 2 years.
Rak Christmas stayed 4 years.

Every high level recruit SU has had for the last 10 years has been 1 and done.

Dion and MCW beg to differ. Jerami too. Oh, and Fab.

Dion Waiters stayed 2 years.
Michael Carter-Williams stayed 2 years.
Rak Christmas stayed 4 years.
None of them were that good until their last year. If you gave JB the pick of the top grad transfers from the entire country he would be tough to beat.

None of them were that good until their last year. If you gave JB the pick of the top grad transfers from the entire country he would be tough to beat.
Simply not accurate. And completely because of JBs zone. We struggled early because Gillon and White III had a rough time figuring it out. If White had come to campus in may, perhaps he would have adapted sooner.

Simply not accurate. And completely because of JBs zone. We struggled early because Gillon and White III had a rough time figuring it out. If White had come to campus in may, perhaps he would have adapted sooner.
This was the first serious effort SU has made with grad transfers. It would take some development and adjustment. Like coming to campus earlier and playing a vanilla OOC schedule to get the team bugs worked out.

He's back next year I think. This will allow him to move ahead of Knight to 2nd place behind Mike in wins and not have to be left hoping his 101 vacated wins get restored. Buddy Mike #1 and JB #2. Worth doing another year to achieve.

Another thought. In his past 40 seasons, he has never won the NIT. Nice challenge for this year and another major capture for his trophy case.
I have to believe passing Knight in wins for a second time and winning the NIT are pretty far down on JB's to-do list.

Ridiculous. Knew I never read or saw JB say that. That would've been a pretty big story, to say the least.

Also, it just doesn't make sense. He doesn't want to coach "against" his son? What does that mean? Are they going to game-plan for this random freshman? Does Boeheim not want to shake his son's hand after we beat an Ivy League school by 25?

Funny how some of these rumors take off.

Same here. Can't believe he'd sign up for a magical mystery tour

Well, the city of Greensboro is sure hoping. I heard they contacted the powers that be over at their neighbor Wake to see if they were willing to move the game next year to their beautiful city vs. Winston Salem. The city wants to give JB the largest farewell sendoff ever seen by them good folk. ;):)

I say he gives it one more year, though this team was our best chance it looks like to give him another Championship. He is pumping out a helluva a lot of commercials to pad the retirement fund.

Next year will be impossible unless Lydon, and Battle come back. Then we need a surprise PG to be college ready. I think Battle could be our primary PG though too. So, just need a guard. We lost out on every damn top target. Maybe because of this exact question. Hopefully we can load up the class of 2018.

JB has had some bad luck with AO, and Fab Melo. We would definitely have another. Especially damn AO. Cakewalk to the Final. He deserves another. Sucks we couldn't just beat BC this year, and one of the three that need not be mentioned. Would be looking at a 7 seed probably.

Sidibe signed his NLI, thinking JB will be the coach next year and then Hopkins in '18-19. JB would leave and put the signings of Sidibe and Brissett in jeopardy? I've been on the fence on what JB will do, but I find it hard to believe he'd screw those players and Hop like that. If JB leaves, our two signed players could get out of their NLI's, leaving a thin roster bone thin.

It would be really helpful for recruiting if JB would announce a timeline but he needs to seem in control, as others here have said. It's such a dicey situation and is hurting us a lot.
Not if he announces in September

Is anyone starting to think we've seen the final season of Jim Boeheim? I feel like everyone is tap dancing around it but if you put 2 and 2 together it seems like this could be it. I think reasonable people can look at our chances getting into the NCAA are no better than 50/50 but I feel like it would be a weird career ender to finish out in the NIT.
Yes.

Also, it just doesn't make sense. He doesn't want to coach "against" his son? What does that mean? Are they going to game-plan for this random freshman? Does Boeheim not want to shake his son's hand after we beat an Ivy League school by 25?

Funny how some of these rumors take off.
Just for clarification, this didn't exactly come out of left field by some fly-by-night poster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom