Enjoyed this documentary on the plane today | Syracusefan.com

Enjoyed this documentary on the plane today

Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road - Google Search

I don't know a lot about the construction of music, but having read his autobiography and after watching this, it is clear that people who know music see him as perhaps the greatest composer/producer of his time, and one of the greatest ever.
Yeah, it was good. My favorite parts are when he is appreciating his brothers’ compositions. I like that the title of the film is a Carl song, not one of Brian’s.

Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road - Google Search

I don't know a lot about the construction of music, but having read his autobiography and after watching this, it is clear that people who know music see him as perhaps the greatest composer/producer of his time, and one of the greatest ever.

Same, I don't know a lot about it intellectually but I know enough to be riveted watching it come together. That brief scene in Love & Mercy where they're layering in the instrumentation for Good Vibrations is endlessly fascinating to me.

Looking forward to checking this one out.

The scene of the recording session of Good Vibrations was riveting to watch. He had a vision of what he wanted the song to sound like and he kept at it until he found it. He couldn't write that down on paper. For me, that was the best scene of the movie.

Last edited:
Havnt seen this one yet.. I did just finish the Don Mclean American Pie Doc that came out.. Partly on his life, his song, and the effect it has had on so many.. Also a tribute to the bopper, Buddy, and la Bamba..

I never realized that the Buddy Holly album that had so many of his best hits came out after he was killed.

I would have liked a bit more on the actual construct of the music but it did really show just how disturbed he was for a long long time.. Interesting that he had never listened to his brothers album all those years. the god only knows sequence was pretty cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom