Tonight
1/9
12 points
10/11 Fts
5 assists
4 rebounds
5 steals
Zero turnovers

Only one of those numbers are bad, and from what's expected of him, I will take bad shooting over sloppy play out of a PG any day. Really. He can shoot 10% for the entire season for all I care. If it comes with 5 assists, 5 steals, rebounding, stellar free throw shooting and ball control, this will win games.

Tonight
1/9
12 points
10/11 Fts
5 assists
4 rebounds
5 steals
Zero turnovers

Only one of those numbers are bad, and from what's expected of him, I will take bad shooting over sloppy play out of a PG any day. Really. He can shoot 10% for the entire season for all I care. If it comes with 5 assists, 5 steals, rebounding, stellar free throw shooting and ball control, this will win games.

I agree that he played well but he's going to have to become a serviceable shooter in order to keep defenses honest and open up his passing lanes and driving lanes. Plus, we are offensively challenged and need another outside shooter.

Hes 9-31 on the season 29% shooting, and 4 from 10 from deep on the season, some people are going to keep saying he shouldn't be shooting so much but he needs to continue to till he finds his groove.

MCW only finished 39% last year and the difference was he finished better in transition due to his athleticism, and finally found the midrange game by late feb.

In other news Grant is at a perfect .444 :D

Hes 9-31 on the season 29% shooting, and 4 from 10 from deep on the season, some people are going to keep saying he shouldn't be shooting so much but he needs to continue to till he finds his groove.
Yes, he does have to keep shooting, but back to my point. Zero turnovers, 5 assists, 5 steals. Free throws. :)

Importantly albeit a bit late in the shot clock at times, Ennis was able to drive thru the Minnesota zone and create. We need that for those teams who think SU is beatable when defensed by the zone, especially if Cooney is the only one shooting 3s. Tonight, SU stood around the perimeter a little too much when zoned, so nice to see Ennis be a little aggressive, and then hit his FTs! I agree that him hitting at least a few shots is also important as that will open up things more, allowing Ennis to beat his defender off the dribble even more. Handled the full court pressure too. Well done.

I agree that he played well but he's going to have to become a serviceable shooter in order to keep defenses honest and open up his passing lanes and driving lanes. Plus, we are offensively challenged and need another outside shooter.
The thing is he didn't take bad shots. A few missed running layups, a couple of running jumpers. Shots it looks as though he is capable of making. I'm confident he'll score some baskets when teams to your point "let him" take the shot. The bigger point is, he is not the guy that needs to start hitting some jumpers. JG needs to be that guy, soon.

-f3aa8471cb520db9.jpg

Tonight
1/9
12 points
10/11 Fts
5 assists
4 rebounds
5 steals
Zero turnovers

If he is a 10% shooter - he should have zero shots attempts - which would make the opposing defense's job much easier.

If he squares up and stops fading on the pull up he wills tart to make them, plus he needs to finish on his drives. Once he starts scoring regularly and consistently its game over. Its all about Ennis this year as he will set up everything else.

If he squares up and stops fading on the pull up he wills tart to make them, plus he needs to finish on his drives. Once he starts scoring regularly and consistently its game over. Its all about Ennis this year as he will set up everything else.

part of it could be he doesn't have the lateral step to pull up straight, he might need to keep going with the fadeaway. On the other hand Jerami does have a lateral step he needs to utilize it more going to the basket especially.

Fair did a good job getting into midrange and scoring but I think alot of it was against the press, his handling against the press caused a double and a timeout tonight but it also gave him 2-3 clutch midrange shots including maybe the game winner.

I'm less concerned with Ennis's shooting than I am with his defense. Way too much time in no-man's land where he can't challenge a shot by any opponent on the floor. He's unsure of his rotation which leaves him in the middle of nowhere. That I assume will come as he gets more practice with our zone.

Last edited:
That drive in the second half where he slashed to the left side of the rim and kicked it out to Cooney at the top of the key for a wide open 3 was amazing. I know the shot didn't go in but that play really stood out to me.

, he played GREAT yesterday. I'll take that outing every time. I do agree that he should be scoring more but also think that he's still getting used to the speed and athleticism of the college game. He'll get there...

All Ennis needs to do is make his layups and he will be fine. He only took one shot from deep all game (and that was only because the shot clock went down). Sure he missed a few mid range shots, but those usually are missed. All I want him to add to yesterday's performance is finishing around the basket.

Last edited:
Tonight
1/9
12 points
10/11 Fts
5 assists
4 rebounds
5 steals
Zero turnovers

Best game so far. Progress!

Anyone else more concerned that Jerami is very hesitant when taking a jumper and when he's going to the rim is usually out of control. However, usually gets fouled and has been atrocious at the line. He needs to start knocking down shots which will open it up more for this freak of an athlete to get to the rim and dominate like we know he should. But deff need him to add more on the scoring line or we r going to have alot of tight games this year that we should never be in.

6 TO's for Ennis - on the year! Great start for anyone, let alone a Frosh. I see where he has some areas to work on but this alone indicates to me that he could be truly special...

Tonight
1/9
12 points
10/11 Fts
5 assists
4 rebounds
5 steals
Zero turnovers

The kid can really play. He runs point like an experienced upperclassman.

And the shots will eventually fall for him. I hardly noticed the misses at the rim last night, as someone was usually there to clean it up with authority.

Ennis is definitely the real deal...He's going to get much better as the season goes by...

Does anyone remember the last time we started a freshman PG? I seem to recall a game against West Virginia where there were like 10 TOs in a row by Jason...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom