Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

anglerman said:
He's going to excell in the NBA. Those who said he wouldn't be one and done were wrong then. Those who say he won't do well in the NBA are wrong now. He has an elite skill set.
There is just no way to argue he has an elite skill set. Lebron has elite skills. FTr, I'm not someone who hates the nba... I probably watch as much nba as I do cbb.
I also want TE to do well, but I think he's going to struggle.

Why it is the truth? This site can contain threads beyond threads calling out certain people for there play but can't say the same thing about Ennis? Got it.

Stupid post.

Maybe because he is the ONLY one who did something in that game. if it wasn't for Ennis we don't even have a chance at the end.

He's going to excell in the NBA. Those who said he wouldn't be one and done were wrong then. Those who say he won't do well in the NBA are wrong now. He has an elite skill set.

Not surprised that you've popped up so quickly in this thread.

On the first claim, I'm one of those who apparently was wrong.

On the second, that remains to be determined. We'll see if the minority who throw around so much hyperbole about Ennis are as quick to jump in with "I-told-you-so"s when we see what kind of NBA player he is.

Ehhhh, for his size he isn't quick enough, doesn't push the ball, and isn't a great shooter. I really don't see him excelling in the nba. I honestly don't think he is a lottery pick. I think a lot of his flaws will show during the combine where MCW excelled.

I think his demeanor, floor general leadership, and passing are very above average in NBA scouts' minds. Very little risk in those important categories. Guys like Vasquez, Steve Blake, and certainly R Westbrook made their bodies stronger in the NBA. He probably is average at best in terms of athleticism and shooting but like someone mentioned, if Kendall Marshall can make it then Ennis can. Think if Ennis had more shooters and playmakers to work with here. His assist numbers would be through the roof!

Thank you to Tyler - he gave us quite a few thrills. It certainly wasn't his fault the season ended the way it did. The good news about this announcement is that we were not kept on pins and needles for very long. What was expected to happen - occurred - no false hopes here.

I had previously posted that while Tyler needed to add strength and improve his shot, there really wasn't a "missing" dimension to his game, so, therefore, to me this decision was not unexpected. Staying a year would only help him to refine the skills he has, but I just don't see any major benefit for him to have stayed. If he expects to go in the lottery, staying would give him much more downside risk than upside potential as he simply isn't the uber-athlete to move up into the draft's top five.

All that being said, I sure would have loved to have seen an Ennis-Joseph backcourt.

I think Jerami is in an entirely different situation and would and should return. Jerami has room to grow:

1. Yes, he needs to get stronger.

2. Unlike Tyler, he can add dimensions to his game; eg, he needs to make his mid-range J a real weapon and not just an odd shot here or there. He needs to develop a face-up drive move from 10 to 15 feet out. He needs to learn to rebound better in terms of getting position and not just relying on his hops.

3. He has NBA bloodlines - I am hoping his family will encourage him to stay in school until they think he is really ready for the next level.

4. The back issue - it could take months until he truly recovers 100%. Any questions about back issues will negatively affect his draft stock. He probably is not a lottery pick & if his projected slot is only at the end of the first round it increases the likelihood that he will return.

SoBeCuse said:
I think his demeanor, floor general leadership, and passing are very above average in NBA scouts' minds. Very little risk in those important categories. Guys like Vasquez, Steve Blake, and certainly R Westbrook made their bodies stronger in the NBA. He probably is average at best in terms of athleticism and shooting but like someone mentioned, if Kendall Marshall can make it the Ennis can. Think if Ennis had more shooters and playmakers to work with here. His assist numbers would be through the roof!
Funny but I think his athleticism is a little better than he gets credit for and his passing is more overrated. Eye of the beholder...

My son told me he was a no-show for class yesterday, too bad hate to see him go.
Oh no, leaving is one thing, dragging us down is another.

Not surprised. Being at the team hotel in Buffalo, a lot of solid people said he was 99% gone. I've got no harsh words. He exceeded my expectations, gave it his all, represented the school and team well, is now chasing his dream (not ours) and provided us with a number of great memories.

Good luck to Tyler. While I might be in the minority, I think he'll do well in the NBA. Maybe not a star but I think he has a decent career.

FWIW, Grant is 50/50 which really tells us nothing. But I think the trend is in a positive direction for us.

Remember last April when most people thought MCW wasn't a good enough athlete for the NBA. He wasn't quick enough to defend NBA PG's, then he went to the combine and put up a faster time in drills than elite athlete Trey Burke.

those people were idiots.

exactly why he is going. grant can become a top 10 pick by coming back. ennis will only stay where he is at or be exposed.

i am really happy for him. brampton is not the best of areas. he can secure financial future of family. he kept his nose clean here.

now regarding how i think he will do. i hope awesome. my only hesitation is i think he fits in mode of marcus williams, ed cota, mateen cleeves, omar cook, kendal marshall. great players but games didn't transition w nba.

Good post. Good comparisons to Ed Cota and Marcus Williams, actually. Nice.

Good luck to Tyler! I think he is going to need it. I just hope he leaves in good academic standing.

What's the ideal draft situation for him (realistically)? He might be good in Orlando as they have Oladipo and another high pick. I'm not sure the Minnesota would take another Syracuse player at this point.

i'll wait to see if he hires an agent first

I don't think he'd go out of his way to announce for the draft if he was going to hold off and see what the draft advisory committee had to say. He's gone.

Last edited:
His game looked very audition like after the Pitt game which I attributed to the slide and poor decision making in the tournament.

I do not put Ennis in the same zip code as Waiters coming out and less ready than I thougth MCW was. Given his size and limited upside it is a smart business decision to strike while the iron is hot but the NBA is a tough place to learn how to become an elite guard which he is not.

I am in the minority in thinking this is a big loss though admit we are a better team with than without Ennis next year. Wish him the best of luck but cant help but to think we see him playing D-League ball next couple years.

Funny but I think his athleticism is a little better than he gets credit for and his passing is more overrated. Eye of the beholder...

Could be. He was making some strange passes at the end of the season for sure especially when the M2M was tight and teams were playing the passing lanes hard. He could be really effective in a functioning offense with spacing. The offense was a debacle this year.

I think his demeanor, floor general leadership, and passing are very above average in NBA scouts' minds. Very little risk in those important categories. Guys like Vasquez, Steve Blake, and certainly R Westbrook made their bodies stronger in the NBA. He probably is average at best in terms of athleticism and shooting but like someone mentioned, if Kendall Marshall can make it then Ennis can. Think if Ennis had more shooters and playmakers to work with here. His assist numbers would be through the roof!

Agreed on the demeanor and floor general leadership, but I really think his passing is average at best. Don't think he sees the court as well as the majority of PGs in the NBA and don't think he has the ability to beat his man off the dribble to make up for it.

Also not sure I'm ready to say Marshall has "made it" (and for the record, Marshall is a far better passer and is at least tall to make up for his lack of athleticism). He's playing about 20 minutes a game and is shooting around the mid 30's in terms of FG% over the last two months for a team with the worst roster in the NBA bar none.

Ford still has him as a Top 10 pick. Sacramento, Orlando (two lottery picks) and Lakers (if they drop out of top 8) are all teams looking for PG help. Orlando wouldn't be bad since they are building around some young players.

What's the ideal draft situation for him (realistically)? He might be good in Orlando as they have Oladipo and another high pick. I'm not sure the Minnesota would take another Syracuse player at this point.

Good question. Oladipo needs the ball too, though. He's pretty dynamic with the ball in his hands. No way Minnesota takes another SU player, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom