Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

Interesting. From the Post Standard article this morning it seemed like it'd at least be next week before anything.

McIntyre said Ennis met with Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim on Tuesday as part of the normal post-season meetings Boeheim has with all his players. McIntyre said he had not discussed his son's decision with Boeheim yet, but he plans to.

McIntyre and his wife, Suzette Ennis McIntyre, plan on talking to Ennis this weekend.

Good luck. Would have loved to see him back another year, but such is life with the one and done rule. Can't see Jerami coming back, I thought Tyler, of the two, was much more likely to return.

Not meant to stir up anything but did he and JB truly get along and see eye to eye? I'm sure it's more about him striking while it's hot, but, still just curious. I'm sure the way the season ended there was lots of questioning of each other, coaching, etc. At one point almost the whole team was interviewed after one particular game (maybe NC St) and everybody gave different answers as to what was going on. That's usually not the best sign about the state of affairs.

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio 1h
Boeheim on Tyler Ennis' pro prospects: "I think he needs to get stronger, he needs to shoot the ball better, a year would really help him"

I'm waiting for an announcement from Tyler or the university. Don't trust the old twitter

SUFan44 said:
Don't like it but I agree.
The problem in the league is you don't get two swings. If you whiff the first time, sayonara

I know it's easy to say now, but in the game against Dayton (and at other various points towards the end of the season), I thought he had the look of someone who was focusing a bit more on impressing scouts - the last two shots he took in the Dayton game told me that. I could be wrong, just noting how it felt at the time.

That said, disappointing, but understandable. I think he's the type of player that would get picked apart the longer he stuck around. Not sure I understand the love affair from the NBA side - seems more like a great college player to me, but I don't know the NBA game well enough.

Gave us some memorable moments in one short year - too bad we won't get to watch him grow in the Syracuse uniform.

No reason, but I still think Grant returns. Call me crazy.

Not going to jump to conclusions yet. Could be the meeting with Boeheim is being construed that he is leaving. However, assuming it's true, is it too late to get in on somebody, not highly regarded, who can come in and learn the system and provide some depth so we aren't facing this again next year?

In his father's quotes in the article yesterday, seemed he was talking about SU in past tense

Disappointed but understand the decision if in fact is true. He did a great job representing the team and the university in his year here. Just hope he does what he needs to do to finish out the semester (and based on what I have read about his family and his high school academics, I expect that he will)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom