Southampton vs. Crystal Palace
Swansea vs. Arsenal
Stoke vs. Norwich
Sunderland vs. Liverpool
Everton vs. Newcastle

Commence...

iKxCQf7xC3bG9.gif

F Chelsea.

Christian Benteke out 6 weeks. Big blow for the Villains.

I bet Spurs/Chelsea draw and Swansea beat Arsenal. Too many injury issues for the Gunners to continue their fine start.

Chelsea, Chelsea Chelsea... Let's beat them crazy money spending spurs

I'm partial, but I think Chelsea can strike a blow to Spurs and their confidence. Spurs are very talented, but haven't fully meshed yet, and they lack one creative player in midfield - their Mata, their Rooney, their David Silva - their Modric, now that you mention it.

When AVB came in, he shouldn't have been in such a rush to sell Rafael Vander Vaart, if they weren't going to hold on to Modric. They've stocked up on physical athletic midfielders now who are good with the ball at their feet , but they are missing that creative spark who can unlock defenses and give them 15-20 assists this year.

Agree that Swansea could knock off the Gunners, but it almost seems like too much good fortune to hope for, as a Chelsea fan.

I'm partial, but I think Chelsea can strike a blow to Spurs and their confidence. Spurs are very talented, but haven't fully meshed yet, and they lack one creative player in midfield - their Mata, their Rooney, their David Silva - their Modric, now that you mention it.

When AVB came in, he shouldn't have been in such a rush to sell Rafael Vander Vaart, if they weren't going to hold on to Modric. They've stocked up on physical athletic midfielders now who are good with the ball at their feet , but they are missing that creative spark who can unlock defenses and give them 15-20 assists this year.

Agree that Swansea could knock off the Gunners, but it almost seems like too much good fortune to hope for, as a Chelsea fan.

My guess is that AVB sees Christian Eriksen in the unlock the D role. In the 4-3-3 he's the most advanced CM. He's a great passer he's an Ajax boy. Spurs and Chelsea have the same issue of integrating so many new players. AVB seems to be doing it faster than Mourinho. He does a guy bench Juan Mata? Two time defending club POY. Crazy. Didn't need Eto'o, Schurrle, Willian, or Van Ginkel. Now great players are wasting away on the bench.

Agree for the most part just wish we kept lukaku once the flow of the season started he would have been great just look what he did last year. Chelsea have to win Saturday morning can't go down 5 PTs already.

Chelsea, Chelsea Chelsea... Let's beat them crazy money spending spurs
Spurs net spend this season was -2 mil GBP.

Funny seeing Chelsea fans talk about spending money... Also funny seeing Juan Mata warm the bench and Romelu Lukaku playing for Everton...

Rafa (as much as I loved him) couldn't play more than 60 mins a game and wasn't very good for Hamburg this season.

The creative spark(s) are quite clearly Christian Eriksen, who has had two very good performances since joining (138 chances created last season) and Lewis Holtby, who was ok last year but definitely looks much improved this season as he had 3 assists yesterday. That, along with the best defensive midfield in the EPL (Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Dembele) to win the ball right back if either one misplays a pass.

1 goal conceded in 9 games.

My guess is that AVB sees Christian Eriksen in the unlock the D role. In the 4-3-3 he's the most advanced CM. He's a great passer he's an Ajax boy. Spurs and Chelsea have the same issue of integrating so many new players. AVB seems to be doing it faster than Mourinho. He does a guy bench Juan Mata? Two time defending club POY. Crazy. Didn't need Eto'o, Schurrle, Willian, or Van Ginkel. Now great players are wasting away on the bench.

Schurrle has some size, which Mourinho likes. Mourinho doesn't like that Mata can be muscled off the ball, and that he is a defensive liability. Same with Luiz. I don't understand why Jose doesn't use him as the holding midfielder in place of Mikel. That was the key to their success at the end of last season. Surely he has watched the tapes.

Willian seems like a near-match for Victor Moses, although he and Eto'o both appear a bit out of shape. Moses gave them great athleticism on the break in the pre-season tour of Asia and the US, especially partnered with Lukaku. That's what I thought we would be seeing with the Chelsea offense this year - decisive counter-attacking team like Jose put together in Madrid.

Now, you can legitimately look at the last 2 seasons and say that the key to Chelsea's under-performances were due to inconsistent defense, not a lack of goals. But Jose is cutting off his nose by dumping so many talented offensive players in order to be more stout in the back. He is also over-playing Terry and Lampard. One of them is going to pull a hamstring if he keeps playing them this much.

His choices in making up his best 11 seem very curious so far. They seem a bit more political in terms of control of the dressing room by putting down the 2 most "powerful" new guys. It should be turning into their team, not reverting to the old version of what Mourinho put together in his first go-round at the Bridge.

I haven't seen enough of Eriksen yet to have an opinion. I think he thought that Siggurdson could also have provided some of that creativity. It should be a terrific game this weekend.

Spurs net spend this season was -2 mil GBP.

Funny seeing Chelsea fans talk about spending money... Also funny seeing Juan Mata warm the bench and Romelu Lukaku playing for Everton...

Bn, I was sarcastic but to be honest we didnt spend as much as you guys this season. Man City is disgusting the way they spend these days...but I know T'ham made bank on Bale. Overall, they prob have a better team but they will miss Bale's clutch play.

I hope we feed Suarez before our match. Damn shame we lost Coutinho before his return. The best answer for attack would be move Gerrard into the advanced midfield role but we don't have cover for him unless we play one of our cb's up.

Side note, Moses looks like a player. Thanks one again Chelsea.

At work. Anyone have a clip of what Torres got sent off for?

Went up for a header with Vertonghen. Led with his elbow a little bit but not really. Was on a yellow. It was a weak call. They were battling all game. Announcers initially thought they would both get red.

Went up for a header with Vertonghen. Led with his elbow a little bit but not really. Was on a yellow. It was a weak call. They were battling all game. Announcers initially thought they would both get red.

Sky sports commentary said it was incredibly harsh.

Go United!!! I know all you fellow soccer people are with me! ;)

great day... looks like dropped points for CFC or T'Ham and both gained a point on city and united who I worry less and less about as each week progresses. Either way a point on road for CFC is HUGE. Now gotta get 3 in Romania in CL this week,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom