Eric Dungeydorf... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungeydorf...

He wont change and i have no problem with his swagger. I just hope he doesnt get tossed from a game or get one of our players tossed backing him up for unnecessary stuff.
As he did with Adams tonight. Pretty sure he’s suspended for Wagner as well.

He is football's version of Devo. I would hate him if he played against us, but love him because of his heart, passion and grit. Tommy Gun will need some more snaps this year, because he looked like a freshman out there tonight. Hopefully he will calm down and stop thinking.

Offensive line was solid but not great, specifically in the second half when WMU changed their looks. Scoop Bradshaw was abused in the secondary. I think Trill Williams will supplant him by the end of the year, hell, maybe by game 3.

Lots of the young bucks will hopefully get playing time next week, and start acclimating to the college game. Everyone was concerned that we would lose to this team. If Dungey had stayed in I think SU wins by five touchdowns.
Scoop Bradshaw has been toasted for three years now. Time for Iffy or Trill to put him on the bench.

Dl-OcJJXgAAKBRb.jpg

I assumed that was drunk typing/iPhone autocorrect stuff and was baffled trying to figure out what he meant.

I’m drunk but I still remember Juice Williams, Marquise Hagans (UVA) and Walter Fn Washington (Temple).

I’m drunk but I still remember Juice Williams, Marquise Hagans (UVA) and Walter Fn Washington (Temple).

Just googled. I remembered beating them in the GRob era(2006), but had forgotten they hammered us in 2007. Wow.

Im not saying Dungey needs to change his fire or his competitiveness. He just needs to be smarter thats all. The hotheadedness is different from being a competitor.
That's completely reasonable.

There was nothing wrong with him after that tackle that almost every player doesn't have every game and season. That lit his fuse when he was losing more game time because of a medical decision. He has to deal with that as well as every moron constantly speculating how many games he will make this season. All this while a big chunk of "fans" promote the backup QB as being somehow better, and the media fuels that rumor. And lastly, you never give an opponent quarter until they have capitulated. Until they have said uncle. That was a very poor decision that created this chaos.

There was nothing wrong with him after that tackle that almost every player doesn't have every game and season. That lit his fuse when he was losing more game time because of a medical decision. He has to deal with that as well as every moron constantly speculating how many games he will make this season. All this while a big chunk of "fans" promote the backup QB as being somehow better, and the media fuels that rumor. And lastly, you never give an opponent quarter until they have capitulated. Until they have said uncle. That was a very poor decision that created this chaos.
Don't think the decision was based on injury (you may not have been saying that). But smart decision that didn't go well to get our entirely possible late season qb some legitimate game reps.

Don't think the decision was based on injury (you may not have been saying that). But smart decision that didn't go well to get our entirely possible late season qb some legitimate game reps.
If that was the plan it didn't work out very well. In fact, this really hurt Tommy's development. He was handed a cake situation and couldn't hack it.

Am I the only one that the out of bounds play wasn't really that big a deal?

I keep hearing it could have been ED first strike. It looked as though he ran out of bounds and WMU player went to hold him up and ended up hitting him up high. ED took exception to it push and said something to him. If I were to play devils advocate I could say WMU kid should have touched him or made sure to hold him up in the body.

Point of parliamentary procedure:

Juice Williams played for Illlinois but your point remains.

I assumed that was drunk typing/iPhone autocorrect stuff and was baffled trying to figure out what he meant.

Correct assumption. It was virginia but i got the qb wrong. It was hagans not juice.

I've never felt so odd about SU scoring 55 points and winning ever. I just do not want to see ED taking so many chances because he won't last. This isn't an injury thing, it's a chances are you're going to be hurt thing taking all these hits time after time. I love the competitiveness and I suppose it is what it is. TD be ready.

He is football's version of Devo. I would hate him if he played against us, but love him because of his heart, passion and grit. Tommy Gun will need some more snaps this year, because he looked like a freshman out there tonight. Hopefully he will calm down and stop thinking.

Offensive line was solid but not great, specifically in the second half when WMU changed their looks. Scoop Bradshaw was abused in the secondary. I think Trill Williams will supplant him by the end of the year, hell, maybe by game 3.

Lots of the young bucks will hopefully get playing time next week, and start acclimating to the college game. Everyone was concerned that we would lose to this team. If Dungey had stayed in I think SU wins by five touchdowns.

Your thread title is perfect and right on the money! Maybe next week we'll see some big ass cross type tattoo on Dungey's left gun. ;)

Devito’s best play got taken away by penalty. But yes, he looked like a freshman in their first action often looks.

If the coaches are that high on him, I’m thinking he’s legit. Might take some time to show in games though. We’ve had 2 guys ever that I remember look good as freshmen in game 1. McNabb. Dungey. I don’t remember Graves’ first game, but I know he had a solid season, so maybe 3?

Did you read that recent Dungey article? ED seemed not that high on Devito and huge on CA. Maybe a rift? personality conflict? thus the play of the team with TD in?

Dungey helped up defenders several times. It isn't weird to congratulate or help up someone that made a good play against you. Its actually good sportsmanship. It just happened at a weird time in the game because the things were getting heated and he tripped helping the guy up. Also, Dungey should be setting that example for the young men on the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom