Eric White | Syracusefan.com

Eric White

bradrayle

Walk On
Are we sure that Eric White is still employed with us? If you look at Cole Dial's twitter he is following Coach Babers and several BGSU commits I assume they are the ones we are trying to flip. If you look at Eric White's twitter he isn't even following Coach. You would think he would announce it on his Twitter or be following him? Am I reading into this to much?

Are we sure that Eric White is still employed with us? If you look at Cole Dial's twitter he is following Coach Babers and several BGSU commits I assume they are the ones we are trying to flip. If you look at Eric White's twitter he isn't even following Coach. You would think he would announce it on his Twitter or be following him? Am I reading into this to much?

I dont think this is dated.

http://cuse.com/sports/2015/11/30/FB_1130155212.aspx?path=football

Probably. Right now White and Dial are at it full tilt. In 10 days is about when we should be worried about whether White ans Dial get to keep their jobs.

jekelish said:
One thing I find interesting on there: Steve Gregory is apparently still at SU.

I know the ST players hope he stays

DanS said:
Would hate to lose either White or Dial.

I wouldn't.

Orangetradition44 said:
One or both?

Both. Playing on social media and being buddy's with recruits is about 25% of their job.

The GA's and quality control have different contracts than the full-time staff. It would make sense they are still employed.

Brotski said he is here until February that's all he's been told which I would imagine the others may be in a similar position.

Both. Playing on social media and being buddy's with recruits is about 25% of their job.

We tend to over value those guys bc they are so outward w their Twitter. I'm sure EVERYschool has one of those types of guys.

Last people on earth I worry about are the social media folk. Steve Gregory however I'm all in on. Love him.

Playing on Twitter = hanging with a kid in the hallway of his school

It's legal, important, and it works

agreed but it's not important because two people at Syracuse do it. It's important b/c anyone can and should be doing it.

i'm losing zero sleep over Cole Dial and White staying or leaving. Won't impact what Dino is going to do.

Playing on Twitter = hanging with a kid in the hallway of his school

It's legal, important, and it works
More than once I've seen recruits refer to EW as Coach White. In many cases, he is the recruits initial contact with SU.

White has a cool way of greeting the kids on visits. He makes you feel very comfortable. He is easy to talk to and tries to answer every request you have. There is value in what he does. Can he be replaced? Sure, the kids rely on his constant contact on twitter right now but Babers will have to find another person at that role. Babers can get anyone to do the twitter stuff. the whole BG staff had a twiiter account. College coaches know this is the easiest and more frequent way to contact a kid. Drew Robinson is very valuable too. I hope he gets retained. He just took the operations position last spring. He knows SU football just as much as others.

agreed but it's not important because two people at Syracuse do it. It's important b/c anyone can and should be doing it.

i'm losing zero sleep over Cole Dial and White staying or leaving. Won't impact what Dino is going to do.

It's not easy. Social media is just the vehicle. The quality and type of communications still matter, just as they always have.

Eric White is a real value to this program.

People that dismiss any part of his job because it includes social media don't understand the changing landscape. This is one area where we should compete and outpace the big boys of college football.

elimunelson said:
agreed but it's not important because two people at Syracuse do it. It's important b/c anyone can and should be doing it. i'm losing zero sleep over Cole Dial and White staying or leaving. Won't impact what Dino is going to do.

What they are good at is building relationships with high school kids. Twitter is the means/language. And just like recruiting at the coach level, some are better than others.

I wouldn't lose sleep, but I think people are downplaying how hard their jobs are some

White has a cool way of greeting the kids on visits. He makes you feel very comfortable. He is easy to talk to and tries to answer every request you have. There is value in what he does. Can he be replaced? Sure, the kids rely on his constant contact on twitter right now but Babers will have to find another person at that role. Babers can get anyone to do the twitter stuff. the whole BG staff had a twiiter account. College coaches know this is the easiest and more frequent way to contact a kid. Drew Robinson is very valuable too. I hope he gets retained. He just took the operations position last spring. He knows SU football just as much as others.

I think you are underestimating the quality of communication Eric White provides.

People still dismiss social media platform communications like anyone can do it.

They can't. It's not easy. Companies pay millions and millions of dollars to create a communication strategy and execute it across social channels.

Not only is it important, it's going to get more important as time goes on.

What they are good at is building relationships with high school kids. Twitter is the means/language. And just like recruiting at the coach level, some are better than others.

I wouldn't lose sleep, but I think people are downplaying how hard their jobs are some

Bingo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom