Erv Out Several Weeks | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Erv Out Several Weeks

Are we the only fanbase that wins 3 games the previous year, lose our best/one of our best offensive players and then proclaim - this isn't a big deal, depth chart is loaded, next man up. So strange.
Maybe. I think Dungey and Strickland are going to be special though. If anything happened to Ish or any of the linemen I think the response would be different.

It's a meniscus tear people! I had a meniscus tear. I gave the crutches one full day. I rehabbed on the bike, etc for two weeks and then was back running. And I was 50 when I did this.
you're not making dramatic quick cuts and slashes my man (which it appears is how he injured it to begin with on the td run). He's no gonna be the same player for a while. How long of a while that is will be dependent on the extent of the tear (peripheral vs. internal, want peripheral where the blood supply is better and it heals better as a result), and also by how quickly they bring him back. For you and me it's a quick deal for these guys it can get chronicky effecting performance of this type position player vs. less so say for a lineman, especially if not given time to heal. Think Terrance Roberts from a bit back.

best thing long term is probably to stay out until after the bye and getting almost 5 weeks off

Erv is a loss, but I look to Strickland to make a few big plays. If Strickland had better grades more big schools would have been after him, he is a player.

I believe that Georgia really wanted him to come on a visit about two weeks before signing day. That alone should speak volumes, we got a good one.

Do NOT sell yourselves short on your game knowledge. I have a friend who has coached at the helm & other positions. & lead his pop warner teams to appearances AND victories in the National Championship. The only thing most coaches have on many of you is proximity & personal knowledge of the players & the dynamics between them.

If YOU were in those positions, you may be just as effective or BETTER!

For a traditional redshirt its not false. One snap equals redshirt blown this isn't basketball or lacrosse.

As long as he plays less than 30% of the games, he can receive a medical redshirt due to injury. You did not say traditional redshirt.

As long as he plays less than 30% of the games, he can receive a medical redshirt due to injury. You did not say traditional redshirt.

Yea he can definitely red shirt but that doesnt sound like its happening.

strickland was my dark horse pick on the team this year in another thread. i never counted on dungey this year

true but since they're actually physically connected often with one theres a component with the other being involved to one degree or another. With a quickness cut and slash player this will effect his abilities and effectiveness at least somewhat the rest of the season as there's not enough time for full healing (min. 6-8 weeks). If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Red shirt the kid.

Agree 100%, no way he comes back 100%, wrap him up and bring back next year. Also have torn my meniscus twice, never needed crutches. Precautionary I am sure but I highly doubt it's all that minor, I don't plan on seeing him back

Last edited:

The post I responded to said redshirt not a medical redshirt. Two totally different things.

Agree 100%, no way he comes back 100%, wrap him up and bring back next year. Also have torn my meniscus twice, never needed crutches. Precautionary I am sure but I highly doubt it's all that minor, I don't plan on seeing him back
If this were the pros, he'd miss one Sunday. He'll be back after the bye.

well he would also have the best Dr in the business looking after him and he would be considerably older and not still growing
Not to mention that he'd already have signed a guaranteed multi-million dollar contract. Erv is still auditioning.

It depends on the severity of the tear the placement of the tear and his ability to heal. For my part if we can make a bowl game without him i would say let him take the year off. If he is good to go and we need him towards the end of the season to push for a bowl i would let him play. Sounds like it was minor and i would bet that he is back after the bye week

Ya I could see if they totally removed the meniscus he could be back in a week. But if they had to repair it there is no way he is back in 4 weeks. Usually with meniscus you're either back in a week or out for a couple months.

Ya I could see if they totally removed the meniscus he could be back in a week. But if they had to repair it there is no way he is back in 4 weeks. Usually with meniscus you're either back in a week or out for a couple months.
To bad we didnt have a Juco in the wings :)

I'm just mad at Moe Neal that he's not a year older. Him and Erv are basically clones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom