Eskridge going pro | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eskridge going pro

Measurables man, it's all about the measurables. Great measurables with a solid career behind it will get you drafted more than a spectacular career with not so spectacular measurables.

Injuries, as tough as he was to play through them, will be the only knock on him.

How serious they were I don't know, but, Eskridge has had finger, hand, wrist, shoulder and hip injuries in the past two years. A separated shoulder is a bear to play through, and as a DB obviously having a cast on is never good for catching a ball. I'm actually pretty sure the cast cost him two pics in 2013. I remember him trying to use hands to catch the ball when he had a club on his right hand. And then, the hip, very hard to be fluid in and out of breaks and change direction at high speeds when your hips bothering you.

Absolutely agree about the measurables, Finny. His tape from this year, combined with the significant injury history, will likely lower his rank on all draft boards (the red cross effect). His performance at the combine and on Pro day might help to negate some of that risk (if he does well). But, there are a lot of players with similar measurables, good tape, and clean medical histories. By "a lot" I mean enough to push him down or even off some draft boards. Hope not.

perfect body type to play fs or slot corner in the pros but needs to stay healthy id peg him as a 3rd rounder

He is doomed to FA now ;)

If he has a good combine, I can see him as a 3rd rounder. best of luck to him, we should appreciate everything he brought to the table

He definitely has the physical attributes NFL GM's are looking for, and he has splashed at times throughout his career. I think he played injured the whole year, which hurt some of his production, and he still had a pretty good year. Most everyone hear knows his story. He is a 4th year Junior, so you really hope he has his degree, but even so who can blame him?

BOL Esk!!

He would've been drafted in first 4 rounds had he come out last year. We're lucky he stuck around this year or we would've been starting a redshirt or true frosh at safety.

He's a good kid who's been through more crap than most of us will ever see.

Go get it dude.

Rocco said:
He would've been drafted in first 4 rounds had he come out last year. We're lucky he stuck around this year or we would've been starting a redshirt or true frosh at safety. He's a good kid who's been through more crap than most of us will ever see. Go get it dude.

Yup, we would have been 2-10 if he left.

But best of luck to Esk.

B4cVa70CYAAMUZ5.png
Good luck Esk! Hope you have a great career in the NFL.

id think he will be on giants radar since were going to need a safety in the draft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom