ESPN: Top 10 Frontcourts--Syracuse #2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Top 10 Frontcourts--Syracuse #2

Who's Florida even have? Patrick young is about as disappointing as yvonne strahovski being board hotty. And that's pretty shitty if you ask me.
The Have Patric Young, super thug Erik Murphy, and Casey Prather. Chris Walker is ineligible for academics I think. All their guys are good butcollege basketball is way down if that's the best front court in America. I would them 3rd behind Cuse and UK.

as of now, Grant is the 3rd forward behind probable starters Fair & Roc

disaster? as a 4-5 combo whose versatility allows JB to go big or small as fits the need of the moment: 64 career wins and back to back Elite 8 teams . . . gimme more of that disaster.

you were expecting a star, you got a role player. that's a disappointment, maybe, but not a disaster.

I didn't say I was disappointed with him. And I'm not criticizing him. Rak's fine as a centerand has promise to develop further. He unequivocally has been poor when playing the forward spot, defensively and especially on offense because he lacks any face up skills.

The Have Patric Young, super thug Erik Murphy, and Casey Prather. Chris Walker is ineligible for academics I think. All their guys are good butcollege basketball is way down if that's the best front court in America. I would them 3rd behind Cuse and UK.

Pretty sure Murphy graduated.

God, I can't believe he didn't have us #1.

he prob would have had us #1 had he known that jerami grant is actually 6'11"
edit: prob should have read through the entire thread to see if my joke had already been used.

I didn't follow this latest board hottie voting, but I did like her on Dexter last season. It sort of helped the lame storylines. What happened to that show? It just keeps going downhill. But I digress.

That show was never able to out do the season that his wife died.

That show was never able to out do the season that his wife died.

That was a good one, with Lithgow as Trinity, but I'd argue Season 1 was the best. I loved Doakes.

That was a good one, with Lithgow as Trinity, but I'd argue Season 1 was the best. I loved Doakes.

Those were probably my 2 favorite. Lithgow was amazing

Anyone that kills lithgow is a sob in my eyes. Unless your name is denzel or shrek.

I also would have been cool with harry if he had chosen to go that route. But any squatch gets a free pass from me.

And he didn't even include Roberson who is going to be a beast.

If he's freaking eligible. I can't believe he is still finishing up high school credits right now. That does NOT sound promising.

Negatory.
Bring your knives.
;)
Yvonne+Strahovski+%281%29.jpg
She was the only reason to ever watch that show...which I did every week because she was smoking hot and always dressed scantily

Our frontline is stacked next year. Kentucky has more talent and Florida has more offensive game up front, but Syracuse is a top 5 frontcourt next year
SF- Fair, Grant, Johnson,
PF- Grant, Christmas,Patterson
C-Coleman, Mousa-Keita

I think I am missing somebody but that is a good lineup and should help Ennis, Gbinjue, Cooney, Roberson in the backcourt.

Our frontline is stacked next year. Kentucky has more talent and Florida has more offensive game up front, but Syracuse is a top 5 frontcourt next year
C-Coleman, Mousa-Keita

I think I am missing somebody but that is a good lineup and should help Ennis, Gbinjue, Cooney, Roberson in the backcourt.
you have Rober and Patter mixed up

C-Coleman, Mousa-Keita

I have to switch you up a little bit.
PG - Ennis and either of Buss/Cooney/Mike G. Not all, but one of them will have to handle the ball at times.
SG - Mike G/Cooney/BJ/Buss
SF - Fair/Roberson/Grant/BJ or MikeG
PF - Grant/Rak/Roberson
C - DC2/BMK/Rak

Still, a stacked front line as you mention. Many interchangeable parts, and I don't know if I'm correct.
In fact, I bet JB doesn't yet know, but those early practices and games will decide what works.

Good stuff.
Glad that Rak had a Grant-like growth spurt lol. 6'11? Ah, it would be nice if it is true. :)
Either way, I am hopeful that DC2 makes a huge leap this year, figuratively speaking of course.
Hulk is going to smash things just fine this year.
Hulk mad.
DaJuan+Coleman+Villanova+v+Syracuse+3PX7hJuKRTYl.jpg
A vital key to DC2 and Rak's development (that "huge leap") will be their ability to execute fundamental footwork on both ends. I hope (and expect) that they are toiling to improve their ability to seal defenders, perform the drop step and baby-hook step, set and roll off of screens (both in ball screen and off-the-ball situations), and so on. Performing these fundamental maneuvers more consistently would make DC2 and Rak offensive threats, allowing them to exploit 1-on-1 match-ups and to open up our perimeter players if the defense sags to help or doubles.

As importantly, defense is played with the feet. Good positioning and quick slides using proper footwork eliminate shots. BMK uses his feet well--if he had Rak's strength, he'd probably be a premier defender in the ACC this season. With this in mind, Rak and DC2 improving their footwork to BMK's level would go a long way toward 2013-2014 being a successful season.

A vital key to DC2 and Rak's development (that "huge leap") will be their ability to execute fundamental footwork on both ends. I hope (and expect) that they are toiling to improve their ability to seal defenders, perform the drop step and baby-hook step, set and roll off of screens (both in ball screen and off-the-ball situations), and so on. Performing these fundamental maneuvers more consistently would make DC2 and Rak offensive threats, allowing them to exploit 1-on-1 match-ups and to open up our perimeter players if the defense sags to help or doubles.

As importantly, defense is played with the feet. Good positioning and quick slides using proper footwork eliminate shots. BMK uses his feet well--if he had Rak's strength, he'd probably be a premier defender in the ACC this season. With this in mind, Rak and DC2 improving their footwork to BMK's level would go a long way toward 2013-2014 being a successful season.
Coach, as always, much thanks!
tee - Copy (4).jpg

My, oh my - orange colored glasses. Yes, we have the potential to be very good upfront, but let's be honest here. Our only proven well above average front court player is CJ. After him, when we discuss everybody else we are only dealing in potential. To say that we are #2 at this stage of the game is a huge stretch.

Now don't take this post the wrong way, I am as big on the potential of Jerami, Roberson, & DC2 as anybody else on the forum, but when an article says we have the second best frontcourt and the player mentioned after CJ is BMK, something just isn't right. BMK is great for what he is - a role player, but hardly the stuff of the #2 frontcourt in the country.

people who call predictions that come true doubtfull, still have to eat crow for not having faith.
tongue.png

It doesn't matter either way the confidence and action is up to the players not our opinions. Thankfully.

Excellent post. DC has the skills..I saw the footwork often in high school and he showed flashes of it last year. I've said it many times and I'll say it again--it's critical he develops reliable footwork because he isn't going to be dunking over everyone. He's undersized and will learn to use his frame, feet, and the rim to get his shots.

Ceiling is Zach Randolph (yes, I know Randolph is an all star, I'm simply comparing style of play and body type).

Good stuff.
Glad that Rak had a Grant-like growth spurt lol. 6'11? Ah, it would be nice if it is true. :)
Either way, I am hopeful that DC2 makes a huge leap this year, figuratively speaking of course.
Hulk is going to smash things just fine this year.
Hulk mad.
DaJuan+Coleman+Villanova+v+Syracuse+3PX7hJuKRTYl.jpg
Hulk would make a nice knickname for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom